Request for extracts ignored by L'ufficio di Stato Civile
Last post by charliemis in Southern Italy on Oct 23, 2017 at 11:38:43

Ambrogio Bianchi Birth Certificate - Rome/Ferentino
Last post by debbiemfit in Where do I begin? on Oct 14, 2017 at 15:28:01

Cardano al Campo, Italy
Last post by Seabreezes1 in Northern Italy on Oct 13, 2017 at 21:58:14

Muscatello
Last post by Biff83 in Southern Italy on Oct 11, 2017 at 15:22:57

Motta San Giovanni / Valanidi questions: please help!
Last post by PrimoMattino in Southern Italy on Oct 03, 2017 at 17:32:46

Motta San Giovanni / Valanidi questions: please help!
Last post by Italysearcher in Where do I begin? on Sep 24, 2017 at 18:25:31

Bastianelli Sant Elia Fiumerapido or Altina
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Sep 23, 2017 at 18:29:38

RESEACHING LUCIA NAPOLI DELIANOUVA
Last post by nuccia in Where do I begin? on Sep 22, 2017 at 06:13:48

Surname Serafini from Barga
Last post by Libby in Northern Italy on Sep 04, 2017 at 03:47:22

Sant'Elia Fiumerapido - De Filippis
Last post by Marchpatty in Central Italy on Aug 24, 2017 at 23:45:06

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › How Can I locate my Family in Italy › Southern Italy › Pirozzo Family Name

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
Pirozzo Family Name

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Southern Italy Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
turnermk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Pirozzo Family Name Reply with quote

My name is Kelly.

My sister Ginny and I have been doing research on our family. We have come to a stop with my Great GrandFather Liberato Pirozzo.

Liberato Pirozzo was born in 1867. He married Maria Vangone born 1836 in Boscerale Italy. They came to the United States in 1894. Port of Departure was Naples.

We have found additional history on Maria Vangone's family in Boscerale Italy, but we have been unable to find additional information on Liberato prior to arriving in the United States.

I'm attaching a picture of Liberato. He is the middle.

Can anyone help us? Any additional information you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Pirozzo Family Name Reply with quote

turnermk wrote:
My name is Kelly.

My sister Ginny and I have been doing research on our family. We have come to a stop with my Great GrandFather Liberato Pirozzo.

Liberato Pirozzo was born in 1867. He married Maria Vangone born 1836 in Boscerale Italy. They came to the United States in 1894. Port of Departure was Naples.

We have found additional history on Maria Vangone's family in Boscerale Italy, but we have been unable to find additional information on Liberato prior to arriving in the United States.

Hi Kelly and welcome to the forum.

I would like to verify that Liberato was born 1867 and his wife was born 1836? It's a 30 year difference so I want to make sure of the dates.

Also were they married in Boscerale? If so, do you have their marriage act? If married in US can you tell us where and when?

Do you know any additonal information on Liberato? Did he have brothers and/or sisters? If so, names and approximate years of births. Do you have a ships manifest for Liberato (if you do can you post it)?

Any details you can give will assist forum members in helping you.

Elizabeth

Mangiardi, Tedeschi/Tedesco, Zangari, Coda, DeFrancesco, Ierulli, Bava, Daniele, Valente
BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Pirozzo Family Name Reply with quote

1898 manifest for Vangone and 3 children going to their husband/father Liberato Pirozzi. I'm not sure the 3rd child listed belongs to Vangone/Pirozzi or not, different surname but definately traveling with them.

www.ellisisland.org/EI...&line=0017

Here is the information for Liberato's trip in 1894 (line 6) and Maria Pirozzi line 7. The link for the manifest brings up the wrong information. Maybe someone with an ancestry subscription can pull up the correct manifest for Liberato

First Name: Liborato
Last Name: Pirozzi
Ethnicity: Italian
Last Place of Residence:
Date of Arrival: Jun 26, 1894
Age at Arrival: 27y Gender: M Marital Status:
Ship of Travel: Wieland
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0006

It looks like you'll have to write to Boscoreale for the Atti di matrimonio for the couple. I'm hoping one of the italian forum members can help you with an address to write to.

Write your letter in english and then post it to the translation forum here on the site. The requests have to be made in italian. And also remember to ask for the Atti di Matrimonio and not a marriage certificate. A marriage certificate will only include the bride and grooms names and the date of marriage.

Hope this helps.

elizabeth

Mangiardi, Tedeschi/Tedesco, Zangari, Coda, DeFrancesco, Ierulli, Bava, Daniele, Valente
Biff83
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Pirozzo Family Name Reply with quote

Hi, Elizabeth Very Happy !

Here's the 1894 manifest for Liberato, wife Maria and daughter Carmella:
img61.imageshack.us/im...894ep3.jpg

Maria's year of birth shows as about 1872 which matches this possible 1920 census. Liberato's occupation as stonecutter matches ship manifest above.
img395.imageshack.us/i...920hi2.jpg

Biff

"You live as long as you are remembered." -- Russian proverb
turnermk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Pirozzo Family Name Reply with quote

Thank you for your help.

First I had a typo on the dates in my previous post. I apologize

Liberato Pirozzo (b.1867 – d.1928)
Maria Vangone (b.1872 – d 5/11/1936)

We have seen this manifest. Carmela and Domenico are Liberato and Maria's children. Domenico is my Grandfather.

Eventually, Liberato and Maria have several children. We believe one died at a very young age. Our records show the following children for Liberato and Maria over the years.
- Emily (Carmela) Pirozzo (b 10/1/1892, Boscoreale, Italy – d Sept 1980, Florida)
- Dominick (Domenico) Pirozzo (b Aug 1895, Boscoreal, italy – d Feb 12, 1955, New Jersey)
- Anthony Lawrence Pirozzo (b1899 d1983)
- Charles Pirozzo (b1900 d1976)
- Filomena Pirozzo (b1904 – d1980)
- Colombia Pirozzo (b1906 d1998)
- Willliam Pirozzo (b1919 d.Unknown) (this is the child we believe died very young).

The other child on the manifest (Filomena Patri) is the neice of Maria and Liberato. Maria Vangone’s sister, Columbia Vangone married Frank Patri. Filomena is their child.

The first record we can find for Liberato and Maria is 1898.
www.ellisisland.org/se...3685080279

The spelling of the last name Pirozzo appears Pirozzi.

According to the ellisisland records we have viewed, Maria travels back and forth with her children and nieces and nephews to visit her father Simone Vangone in Boscolreale Italy over the years.

We have made great progress with researching the Vangone side of the family and we have recently been in touch with a descendant of Maria’s brother Antonio Vangone. This person still lives in Boscerale and has sent us pictures of that side of the family and our Great, Great Grandparents.

With that said, we keep coming up empty on the Pirozzo side. We can’t find any trace of the Pirozzo prior to the manifest I provided above.

I hope this provide a little more information for you or someone on this board to assist me.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.
turnermk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Pirozzo Family Name Reply with quote

Biff83 wrote:
Hi, Elizabeth Very Happy !

Here's the 1894 manifest for Liberato, wife Maria and daughter Carmella:
img61.imageshack.us/im...894ep3.jpg

Maria's year of birth shows as about 1872 which matches this possible 1920 census. Liberato's occupation as stonecutter matches ship manifest above.
img395.imageshack.us/i...920hi2.jpg

Biff

Thank you Biff. We have reviewed these Census. It appears that over the years members of the Patri and Vangone families stayed with Liberato. He was a stone carver. So was my Grandfather Dominick Pirozzo, son of Liberato. He carved some of the beautiful sculptures that are in St. Patricks Cathedral in New York City.

As I stated in my previous posts, finding information about Liberato and the other familes of Vangone and Patri haven't been a problem on the US side.

Our problem is learning about the Pirozzo's prior to them immigrating to the US. We aren't sure if Liberator had brothers/sisters. We aren't sure exactly where he came from in Italy and we know nothing about this parents.

Thank you for any help you can provide.
BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Pirozzo Family Name Reply with quote

BillieDeKid wrote:

It looks like you'll have to write to Boscoreale for the Atti di matrimonio for the couple. I'm hoping one of the italian forum members can help you with an address to write to.

Write your letter in english and then post it to the translation forum here on the site. The requests have to be made in italian. And also remember to ask for the Atti di Matrimonio and not a marriage certificate. A marriage certificate will only include the bride and grooms names and the date of marriage.

As I stated, write to Boscoreale for the Atti di Matrimonio or an integral copy of the marriage and it will tell you where Liberato was from originally. Once you find that out we can go from there. I believe this is the address to send the letter to.

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di boscoreale
80041 BOSCOREALE NA
ITALY

Thanks for posting the info Biff kiss

turnermk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Pirozzo Family Name Reply with quote

Thank you. I will reach out to our newly found relative in Boscerale for assistance. I'm sure I will be back after that. How long does it normally take to get a response from the towns?
BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Pirozzo Family Name Reply with quote

I got my response in about 3 to 4 weeks. I had asked for several documents though so that may have made it take longer. If you have a relative that lives in Boscerale he/she might be able to go right to the registrar of the comune and request an integral copy of the marriage for you and then scan and email it to you. Don't know if that would be a possibility but might not hurt to ask.

Let us know how it goes.

ginnymarie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Pirozzo Family Name Reply with quote

Hi, I am Kelly's sister Ginny

I have done alot of the research on our family tree.
First let me say Maria Pirozzo was born about 1872 and Liberate was born about 1867.

I would like to write to Boscorele Italy for the marrage certificate but I am not sure what to include in the letter.

I do not know the exact date of the wedding. Can you please look at the letter I wrote and tell me if i didnt include something that I should include. Also, how would i know how much money I should send to get these records.

To Whom It May Concern:

I am doing research for my family tree and I am looking to obtain the the Atti di Matrimonio or an integral copy of the marriage of my great grandfather Liberate Pirozzo and my great grandmother Maria Vangone.

I do not know the date of the marriage. Liberate Pirozzo was born about 1867 and his wife Maria Vangone was born about 1872. There first child was born on Oct 01 1892 in Boscorele, Italy.

Maria Vangone’s father’s name was Simone Vangone and her mother’s name was Filomena Aiello. I do not know the names of Liberate Pirozzo’s parents.

Thank you for everyone's help

Ginny
ginnymarie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Pirozzo Family Name Reply with quote

I did find a passenger record for my Great Grandmother's brother Antonio Vangone coming to US on June 22, 1904 and he was traveling with a Dominico Carlino. Next to Both Antonio and Dominico nameS it shows them coming to US to stay with thier Brother In Law- Liberate Pirozzo.
The address was the same address where my Great Grandparents lived in NYC.

I have no idea who Dominico Carlino is. I spoke to my cousin in Boscorele who is on the Vangone side of the family and said she does not know of any familiy that was married to Dominico Carlino.

I am thinking that Dominico Carlino must have been married to one of Liberate's sisters. But maybe he was married to another Vangone sister that we dont know about.
  Page 1 of 1All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Southern Italy Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: