Toggle Content Main Menu
Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

bocca
Last post by tennino in General Discussion Groups on Jan 16, 2021 at 16:56:41

Towns in Frosinone that were part of former Vatican States a
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Feb 19, 2019 at 09:15:58

Dual Citizenship
Last post by Curci-Ghio in General Discussion Groups on Nov 18, 2018 at 15:30:54

Please Help Translate Letter
Last post by nuccia in Translations on Oct 20, 2018 at 06:18:43

Family in Cittanova
Last post by russojoseph1 in Translations on Oct 14, 2018 at 12:28:20

DNA Testing
Last post by nuccia in General Discussion Groups on Sep 29, 2018 at 10:39:30

Trento -Atto di Nascita - Frazione di Poia, Comune di Comano
Last post by exevans in Northern Italy on Mar 28, 2018 at 00:45:37

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:58:50

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:53:38

State of the Family Record & Other State Records
Last post by debbiemfit in Northern Italy on Jan 02, 2018 at 23:14:28

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › How Can I locate my Family in Italy › Northern Italy › My grandmother from Valle & Pieve di Cadore (Belluno)

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
My grandmother from Valle & Pieve di Cadore (Belluno)

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Northern Italy Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JamesBianco
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: My grandmother from Valle & Pieve di Cadore (Belluno) Reply with quote

I am working on the Da Via , Delfavero, Agnoli and Burrei families of Valle di Cadore and Pieve di Cadore , Province of Belluno. Here is her ancestry:

(My maternal grandmother is Margaret Davia #1)

Margaret Da Via Farina ancestry

Thanks
Jim Smile

Carole
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:41 am    Post subject: Re: My grandmother from Valle & Pieve di Cadore (Belluno) Reply with quote

That is really so impressive James - and I love the presentation - it's really nice.

I'm beginnig to feel a faint urge to maybe try and trace back the family links of my late husbands family her in northern Italy. The family name is only listed in the White Pages here 139 times for the whole of Italy, and all are in the upper third of 'the boot'.

Nuccia is urging me to learn more about the 'how,s and where's' - and let's face it there can be NO BETTER place than here on "Gente", and no better teachers than those, like you and all the others that we have with us here, to hold the hands of people like me on the first steps of our journey.

I can feel that 'bug' biting and really must stop procrastinating! Sad

Researching: EDMED, SAVILL, TYSON, NEWCOMBE, STAPLETON, GUNTER, STAPLES
If you think education is expensive -try ignorance!

>Expats in Italy<
Come and join 'Dork and Friends'! >New Blog<
JamesBianco
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: My grandmother from Valle & Pieve di Cadore (Belluno) Reply with quote

Isn't that website wonderful? The owner has extracted all of the church records from Valle di Cadore, linked the families and then hosts the database on his site. It is interactive and wonderful! As my grandmother's parents are included in that database, he has her ancestry to the 1500's!! I am very lucky.

If there is anything any of us can do to help you PLEASE just ask, it would be my pleasure to help you in any way I can.

Oh and why not also work on your ancestry, when you talk about the bug biting, there is nothing else quite like tracing your own bloodline. I have worked a bit in England on some of my friend's lines.

Very Happy

Carole
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: My grandmother from Valle & Pieve di Cadore (Belluno) Reply with quote

Quote::
By James:
"....Oh and why not also work on your ancestry, when you talk about the bug biting, there is nothing else quite like tracing your own bloodline. I have worked a bit in England on some of my friend's lines."

Oh dear James.... Rolling Eyes
I'm in the middle of the biggest muddle ever imagined doing just that. The Naughty Nina Saga is about my maternal grandmother who - after 1936 (to all intents and purposes) disappeared (by choice) off the face of the earth. And trying to find out where she came from and where she died is a looooong story. Nuccia (and several others) has been helping me a lot with this for some time. But it is VERY confusing!
Sad

>Expats in Italy<
JamesBianco
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: My grandmother from Valle & Pieve di Cadore (Belluno) Reply with quote

Carole wrote:
Quote::
By James:
"....Oh and why not also work on your ancestry, when you talk about the bug biting, there is nothing else quite like tracing your own bloodline. I have worked a bit in England on some of my friend's lines."

Oh dear James.... Rolling Eyes
I'm in the middle of the biggest muddle ever imagined doing just that. The Naughty Nina Saga is about my maternal grandmother who - after 1936 (to all intents and purposes) disappeared (by choice) off the face of the earth. And trying to find out where she came from and where she died is a looooong story. Nuccia (and several others) has been helping me a lot with this for some time. But it is VERY confusing!
Sad

Is it posted anywhere? Can I read about the situation/progress? I love a good mystery!

Very Happy

Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: My grandmother from Valle & Pieve di Cadore (Belluno) Reply with quote

James, thanks for posting that - I thought for a minute you had another website!! Mr. Green
Carole, I think in celebration of this lovely new forum you need to start a thread on the Saga of Naughty Nina! I only caught bits and pieces and I think we are all curious here.

Carole
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: My grandmother from Valle & Pieve di Cadore (Belluno) Reply with quote

Well 'Part One' is on my "Alpine Settlers Story" site which I am still trying to build (a bit at a time) in between other 'things' that I'm involved with. I'm still VERY new at the web site building game so don't expect either a finished product OR a slick and shiny site like many (including you) have here - 'cos you'll be very disappointed I'm afraid. Sad

I'm trying to collect my thoughts on all that we've found, to enable me to write Episode Two. Once again that's having to be done 'as time permits'.
Here is the link - it's on the second page (Naughty Nina's Saga') ENJOY!

>ALPINE SETTLERS STORY<

Thank you for you interest James. You are very kind!

>Expats in Italy<
JamesBianco
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: My grandmother from Valle & Pieve di Cadore (Belluno) Reply with quote

Oh wow Carole, what a tale! That was a fascinating (albeit sad) story. I'd love to hear what Nuccia et al have done and what they have uncovered, I am sure they uncovered at least some tidbits!

I had a naughty Nina also (my maternal biological grandmother Antonina Leone from Carini). I knew her though, at first she welcomed me into open arms when I found my birthmother (her daughter) when I was 19. Soon after (being the diligent little researcher I was) once uncovering a previous marriage, numerous affairs, a hushed up divorce and two children of questionable paternity the woman didn't like me so much. It wasn't intentional, but her paper trail was a lot better than your Naughty Nina.

Can you imagine, all their lives her two older sons believed her current husband to be their father (she married him when they were 3 and 2 years old). Then it was uncovered she was quite the tart, engageing in the phenomenon known as "wife-swapping" which was popular in the 1940's.

Once again, thanks so much for sharing that with me, your parents photo is beautiful!!

Very Happy

nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: My grandmother from Valle & Pieve di Cadore (Belluno) Reply with quote

James,

I so want to know about that story! Sounds very interesting to say the least..

I have to say, you have quite the colorful family. I love it! Very Happy

Carole..we'll have to post the notes about the Edmeds soon..everyone wants to know.

Going to take a nap..so very tired.

Calabria Exchange
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:44 am    Post subject: Re: My grandmother from Valle & Pieve di Cadore (Belluno) Reply with quote

JamesBianco wrote:
Oh wow Carole, what a tale! That was a fascinating (albeit sad) story. I'd love to hear what Nuccia et al have done and what they have uncovered, I am sure they uncovered at least some tidbits!

I had a naughty Nina also (my maternal biological grandmother Antonina Leone from Carini). I knew her though, at first she welcomed me into open arms when I found my birthmother (her daughter) when I was 19. Soon after (being the diligent little researcher I was) once uncovering a previous marriage, numerous affairs, a hushed up divorce and two children of questionable paternity the woman didn't like me so much. It wasn't intentional, but her paper trail was a lot better than your Naughty Nina.

Can you imagine, all their lives her two older sons believed her current husband to be their father (she married him when they were 3 and 2 years old). Then it was uncovered she was quite the tart, engageing in the phenomenon known as "wife-swapping" which was popular in the 1940's.

Once again, thanks so much for sharing that with me, your parents photo is beautiful!!

Very Happy
How did I miss this post! Shocked However did you find out she participated in wife swapping?! It's not like they kept records, did they Question I hope you never research me Exclamation Shocked

JamesBianco
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Re: My grandmother from Valle & Pieve di Cadore (Belluno) Reply with quote

Cathy wrote:
JamesBianco wrote:

Very Happy
How did I miss this post! Shocked However did you find out she participated in wife swapping?! It's not like they kept records, did they Question I hope you never research me Exclamation Shocked

Believe it or not, my birthmother (her daughter) told me, and then when I found my grandmother's first husband's family they also brought it up. She was a really hussey I guess!

hmm... you got something to hide? Wink

Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: Re: My grandmother from Valle & Pieve di Cadore (Belluno) Reply with quote

Most women have something to hide! Wink

JamesBianco
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:56 am    Post subject: Re: My grandmother from Valle & Pieve di Cadore (Belluno) Reply with quote

Cathy wrote:
Most women have something to hide! Wink

I would bet just as many men do too, if not more.

(of course I am an angel, no dirt on me..) Rolling Eyes

nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:56 am    Post subject: Re: My grandmother from Valle & Pieve di Cadore (Belluno) Reply with quote

Oh I could say so much right now but I better keep out of this one...lol. Besides..I've always been a good Italian girl..just ask my mom! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Calabria Exchange
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject: Re: My grandmother from Valle & Pieve di Cadore (Belluno) Reply with quote

Sure Nuccia! Rolling Eyes A perfect angel, I'm sure! Shocked
James is too busy with his research to get into trouble! I picture him buried under documents neatly piled up 6 feet high. Hehe.

Page 1 of 2All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Northern Italy Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: