Request for extracts ignored by L'ufficio di Stato Civile
Last post by charliemis in Southern Italy on Oct 23, 2017 at 11:38:43

Ambrogio Bianchi Birth Certificate - Rome/Ferentino
Last post by debbiemfit in Where do I begin? on Oct 14, 2017 at 15:28:01

Cardano al Campo, Italy
Last post by Seabreezes1 in Northern Italy on Oct 13, 2017 at 21:58:14

Muscatello
Last post by Biff83 in Southern Italy on Oct 11, 2017 at 15:22:57

Motta San Giovanni / Valanidi questions: please help!
Last post by PrimoMattino in Southern Italy on Oct 03, 2017 at 17:32:46

Motta San Giovanni / Valanidi questions: please help!
Last post by Italysearcher in Where do I begin? on Sep 24, 2017 at 18:25:31

Bastianelli Sant Elia Fiumerapido or Altina
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Sep 23, 2017 at 18:29:38

RESEACHING LUCIA NAPOLI DELIANOUVA
Last post by nuccia in Where do I begin? on Sep 22, 2017 at 06:13:48

Surname Serafini from Barga
Last post by Libby in Northern Italy on Sep 04, 2017 at 03:47:22

Sant'Elia Fiumerapido - De Filippis
Last post by Marchpatty in Central Italy on Aug 24, 2017 at 23:45:06

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › How Can I locate my Family in Italy › Southern Italy › Luppino / Crea

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
Luppino / Crea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Southern Italy Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
luvara19

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:36 am    Post subject: Luppino / Crea Reply with quote

I'm trying to track down a bit of family history for my mother (who’s maiden name is Luppino)and was wondering if any of the below rings a bell. I've only recently started looking into the family tree and noticed that there are a few strings to the Luppino line.

My mother (Guiseppina Cristina) was born in Australia in 1943 to Guiseppe Antonio Luppino (July 1902 in Meliccuca) and Giuseppina Crea (Jan 1906 in Sant’Eufemia d’Aspromonte). The following details are bit sketchy but I know my nonno’s father was Antonio Luppino (1873-1966) and I believe his wife was named Domenica Lucisano. I believe my nonna’s parents were Natali Crea and Flavia Violi.

They went on to have 6 girls and a son. Unfortunately, one of the daughters (Flavia) passed away near enough to birth although the others grew up in Australia (Domenica Palma, Maria, Helena, Italia Roma, Guiseppina Cristina). The son also grew up in Australia (Antonio).

A lot of the details regarding my grandparent’s parents and their siblings is a bit sketchy and hoping that anyone may be able to assist with some connections.

Thanks
Adrian
nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:20 am    Post subject: Re: Luppino / Crea Reply with quote

luvara19 wrote:
The following details are bit sketchy but I know my nonno’s father was Antonio Luppino (1873-1966) and I believe his wife was named Domenica Lucisano. I believe my nonna’s parents were Natali Crea and Flavia Violi.

Thanks
Adrian

Adrian - Could this be your Antonio? If so he made a trip to the US in 1905.

First Name: Antonio
Last Name: Luppino
Ethnicity: Italy, Italian South
Last Place of Residence: Melicucca Reggie Cal
Date of Arrival: May 24, 1905
Age at Arrival: 32y Gender: M Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Prinz Adalbert
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0009

www.ellisisland.org/se...2405080861

Also try looking for Natale Crea born sometime in December at least 20 years or more prior to his daughter's birth. Usually when a child was born near Christmas they were given the Name Natale (meaning Christmas.).

Calabria Exchange
luvara19

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:07 am    Post subject: Re: Luppino / Crea Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. Turns out the Antonio was my great grandfather

Cheers
ceciliab

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Luppino / Crea Reply with quote

Hi! I am also looking for an Antonio Luppino that migrated to Australia in 1949 to SA. He was born in the USA ( I am not 100% sure about this...found some documents that say so but dont know if this is 100% correct) but was originally from Calabria from Meliccuca. His Aunt s name was Concetta Luppino who was married to a Giovanni Crea and they migrated to Argentina. They were from Sant'anna di Seminara and Reggio Calabria... Antonio was the eldest of his family he had 6 brothers and a sister, my great aunt tells me they lived in Meliccuca and he migrated to Australia to support his family...as they were orphaned just after the 2nd world war... What do you think...? Maybe there's a connection there? but I am not sure that the years match up...
ceciliab

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: Luppino / Crea Reply with quote

Furthermore, if you look at this file Item details for: A714, 20/9660 ( search for Antonio Luppino) on this website recordsearch.naa.gov.a...s_no=B4397 you will find details about the people that you may be looking for...
mariapiccolo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Luppino / Crea Reply with quote

Hi adrian
I'm not sure where you are writing from, however I'm writting from
Melbourne Australia. I have a dear friend whose mother is in her 80's her maidan name is Luppino all his relatives are Luppino, I know for a fact they to are from reggio calabria.
I will Contact him tomorrow and ask for you. Also a great site to look at is
The Australian National Archives. It's a free service unless you ask
For copies. You should be able to find something there
  Page 1 of 1All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Southern Italy Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: