Toggle Content Main Menu
Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

bocca
Last post by tennino in General Discussion Groups on Jan 16, 2021 at 16:56:41

Towns in Frosinone that were part of former Vatican States a
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Feb 19, 2019 at 09:15:58

Dual Citizenship
Last post by Curci-Ghio in General Discussion Groups on Nov 18, 2018 at 15:30:54

Please Help Translate Letter
Last post by nuccia in Translations on Oct 20, 2018 at 06:18:43

Family in Cittanova
Last post by russojoseph1 in Translations on Oct 14, 2018 at 12:28:20

DNA Testing
Last post by nuccia in General Discussion Groups on Sep 29, 2018 at 10:39:30

Trento -Atto di Nascita - Frazione di Poia, Comune di Comano
Last post by exevans in Northern Italy on Mar 28, 2018 at 00:45:37

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:58:50

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:53:38

State of the Family Record & Other State Records
Last post by debbiemfit in Northern Italy on Jan 02, 2018 at 23:14:28

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › General › General Discussion Groups › SHALOM...Hola...Hello from Israel!!! :-D

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
SHALOM...Hola...Hello from Israel!!! :-D
Want to share something new or just have fun? You can do that here.
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index General Discussion Groups Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chanchisfea
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: SHALOM...Hola...Hello from Israel!!! :-D Reply with quote

Hi!!

I'm finally in Israel, in the city of Tel-Aviv, visiting my mother and two of my three sisters...YAY!!!!! It's been 10 years since I've seen my mother and my littlest sister, and 16 years since I saw my other sister...so, it's safe to say that this "gathering" was waaaaaaaaaaaay overdue Mr. Green

I just wanted to say hello to all my genealogy friends in the same place that way not one of you can say I forgot to wave from far away Wink

Hugs kiss kiss

It is currently 6:10 pm over here, I'm pretty pooped so I definitely need to try to catch some zzzzzs Shocked Shocked

Liz Cool

Transcripts for towns of Petrona' - San Vincenzo la Costa and Verzino, Italy Smile
Carole
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: SHALOM...Hola...Hello from Israel!!! :-D Reply with quote

Hey Liz,

Have a wonderful holiday and enjoy being in the arms of your family....

שנה טובה, חג שמח, חג חנוכה שמח

Hope that's right!!!

Researching: EDMED, SAVILL, TYSON, NEWCOMBE, STAPLETON, GUNTER, STAPLES
If you think education is expensive -try ignorance!

>Expats in Italy<
Come and join 'Dork and Friends'! >New Blog<

Last edited by Carole on Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: SHALOM...Hola...Hello from Israel!!! :-D Reply with quote

Hey Liz!

I'm so glad you arrived safely! We already miss you!

Have a great time and make sure you post some pictures of the family and of the city! BTW...Both Chicago and Toronto has had a snow storm overnight. We're shoveling here... Sad

Hugs and Kisses! kiss
Edit: To correct grammer Embarassed

Calabria Exchange

Last edited by nuccia on Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: SHALOM...Hola...Hello from Israel!!! :-D Reply with quote

Hi Liz!! I miss you but I am so happy you are with your family after all these years. I'd like to see some pictures too! I'll be posting some later this week from my trip.
Gardens at my hotel:

chanchisfea
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: SHALOM...Hola...Hello from Israel!!! :-D Reply with quote

Quote::
שנה טובה, חג שמח, חג חנוכה שמח

Hope that's right!!!

Carole, that is right... I do not read, speak or write the language, but my niece said you did it correctly Mr. Green Thank you! kiss

Cathy, I'm so happy you could take some time and enjoy far away from snowy/freezing Chicago... I'm still hoping you stay around long enough for me to get to meet you before you go back Wink Enjoy sunny weather for me!!

Hey Nuccia...err... Boss.... Mr. Green ... I surely do not envy the snow shaveling, but I do wish it would snow for Christmas day ONLY. Not likely to happen in Florida, but hey you never know, ha!!

((((Hugs, hugs, and many more hugs))))

10:32 pm over here and finally going to bed Shocked

Liz Cool

Transcripts for towns of Petrona' - San Vincenzo la Costa and Verzino, Italy Smile
Emmy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: SHALOM...Hola...Hello from Israel!!! :-D Reply with quote

Hi Liz So glad you arrived safely. How I would have loved to have been a 'fly on the wall' when you all met up. I'd bet it was a very happy and emotional moment. Enjoy every minute of your holiday.
Love Emmy

chanchisfea
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: SHALOM...Hola...Hello from Israel!!! :-D Reply with quote

((((Emmy)))) Thank you kiss

I'm enjoying every minute of it, though I have some things to say about the rudeness of people "in general" over here. The sister I had not seen in 16 years was telling me yesterday that the rudeness is a cultural thing, not to take it personal and that eventually rubs off on you Shocked I don't know I want that to happen...LOL

My mother took me to the Old City in Jerusalem and I got pretty emotional when I went to the site where it's said Jesus was crucified. I will be going back to that area sometime next week and get to walk through more of the streets there as there are vendors and so many more things to see and smell Wink

I've eaten some of the food here and so far, I can't complaint. The coffee, now there is something I am not drinking and yesterday, for the first time ever, I wished there was a Starbucks somewhere Mr. Green Mr. Green

Hugs,

Liz Cool

goganga
Dev
Dev

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: SHALOM...Hola...Hello from Israel!!! :-D Reply with quote

Hi Liz, glad you arrived safely. Have a wonderful holiday!!! Wink

>> Amici Over the Ocean

>>Simona - Redazione CanaleGenoa
Gina501
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: SHALOM...Hola...Hello from Israel!!! :-D Reply with quote

Wow Liz...it all sounds amazing. Please get some pictures of that to post here. I'd love to see them.

Searching surnames -
Graziano, Trella, Del Principe (AQ)
Ignazio, Biani, Della Valle, Scarani (PC)

Poipu04
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: SHALOM...Hola...Hello from Israel!!! :-D Reply with quote

Liz, I am living vicariously through you. That is one place I would like to visit "before I die." Do you feel safe there?

nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: SHALOM...Hola...Hello from Israel!!! :-D Reply with quote

Oh Liz...do take pictures! It must be so amazing...

Calabria Exchange
chanchisfea
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: SHALOM...Hola...Hello from Israel!!! :-D Reply with quote

Liz, I am living vicariously through you. That is one place I would like to visit "before I die." Do you feel safe there?

I almost wrote about the "safety" issue earlier... For whatever reason I felt very safe up until I was "in" Jerusalem. Weird as it may sound, I had no funky safety concerns at all while I was inside the Old City, my fear came when we boarded a small (bigger than a van, but not a real bus) transport mini bus Shocked I was "watching" who got in it and whether or not they looked suspicious. For a moment I felt some unneassiness about being in such a small thing with people who could, for all I knew, want to harm people just for the sake of it. Of course, once we got on our way and got off the mini bus I felt stupid...but nevertheless, it's hard not to think that something horrible could happen at any moment Confused

As with everything I guess, there are things to be careful about, but for the most part it has been very nice for me to realize that this a civilized country just like any other, with their own problems of course, and that people do go about their daily lives like everyone else I know in the States.

My husband and I feared coming here because of all the bad things we hear about in the news, and every time my family would invite me I would decline. Now that I've finally come here, minus the husband and kids, I'm 100% happy I did so. The two cities I've seen thus far, Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, have been very nice. My mom lives a few blocks, walking distance, from the Mediterranean and that was pretty cool to see. I know I'll be taking a tour sometime this weekend, to the Dead Sea and perhaps cross over to Egypt for a day, before I leave here...I got to make the most of it as I do not know when I will get the chance to come back here again Wink

((((Hugs))))

P.S.: Nuccia, I'm finally going out dancing tonight! Woohoo!

- 8:28 pm. Tel Aviv time -

Liz Cool

nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: SHALOM...Hola...Hello from Israel!!! :-D Reply with quote

P.S.: Nuccia, I'm finally going out dancing tonight! Woohoo!

Right on! Think of me..I'll be dancing here with you!

Have the bestest time...lol

Calabria Exchange
Eleven
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: SHALOM...Hola...Hello from Israel!!! :-D Reply with quote

Its funny you mention the dead sea. This past february, i was diagnosed with psoriasis. I probably had it for years and years..only, didnt know what it was. I finally had a flare up, big enough to know..i had something..so one dermatologist trip later..i found out what i had. This is a life long immune system disease, with no cure..but different kinds of treatment. Lucky for me..i only need ointments..but some people have it so bad, they need infusions of biological drugs. All of these treatments, work on some people..and not on others.

When i found out i had this, of course you look to the net for info..and i found the national psoriasis foundation forums and also another forum out of the UK. Well..apparently, there is something at the dead sea in the air, that puts psoriasis patients into remissions for a period of many months..and some, for years. They claim its a mixture of the filtered sun, that they can lay out in without sunscreen. The sun is good for some people with psoriasis..but, you cant use sunblock..so can only expose yourself to it for a few minutes a day..but, at the dead sea, seems like people can lay out there, for hours. I think it has something to do with the mist in the air..or some such.

Anywayyyyyyyy...these UK people have yearly trips to spas there, which are used by people with psorisis. I am not too sure but i think some go to israel and others go to jordan. I did a few big eyerolls, thinking OMG is that safe? But, apparently it is..because they go all of the time.

Its not abnormal to be a little afraid tho..I know I was a little nervous going to NYC 6 months after 911. That feeling passes, tho.

Have a wonderful trip. I just wanted you to know..others are going there and they arent worried..so dont let it spoil your long overdue visit with your family.
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Re: SHALOM...Hola...Hello from Israel!!! :-D Reply with quote

Wow Liz! Sounds like your having a great time! Dancing! Now that's my idea of vacation. You have to go to Egypt!! That would be awesome! Are pictures coming soon? (You know how I love pictures!)

Page 1 of 2All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index General Discussion Groups Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: