Thank you for your help.
First I had a typo on the dates in my previous post. I apologize
Liberato Pirozzo (b.1867 – d.1928)
Maria Vangone (b.1872 – d 5/11/1936)
We have seen this manifest. Carmela and Domenico are Liberato and Maria's children. Domenico is my Grandfather.
Eventually, Liberato and Maria have several children. We believe one died at a very young age. Our records show the following children for Liberato and Maria over the years.
- Emily (Carmela) Pirozzo (b 10/1/1892, Boscoreale, Italy – d Sept 1980, Florida)
- Dominick (Domenico) Pirozzo (b Aug 1895, Boscoreal, italy – d Feb 12, 1955, New Jersey)
- Anthony Lawrence Pirozzo (b1899 d1983)
- Charles Pirozzo (b1900 d1976)
- Filomena Pirozzo (b1904 – d1980)
- Colombia Pirozzo (b1906 d1998)
- Willliam Pirozzo (b1919 d.Unknown) (this is the child we believe died very young).
The other child on the manifest (Filomena Patri) is the neice of Maria and Liberato. Maria Vangone’s sister, Columbia Vangone married Frank Patri. Filomena is their child.
The first record we can find for Liberato and Maria is 1898.
The spelling of the last name Pirozzo appears Pirozzi.
According to the ellisisland records we have viewed, Maria travels back and forth with her children and nieces and nephews to visit her father Simone Vangone in Boscolreale Italy over the years.
We have made great progress with researching the Vangone side of the family and we have recently been in touch with a descendant of Maria’s brother Antonio Vangone. This person still lives in Boscerale and has sent us pictures of that side of the family and our Great, Great Grandparents.
With that said, we keep coming up empty on the Pirozzo side. We can’t find any trace of the Pirozzo prior to the manifest I provided above.
I hope this provide a little more information for you or someone on this board to assist me.
Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.