Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

Ambrogio Bianchi Birth Certificate - Rome/Ferentino
Last post by debbiemfit in Where do I begin? on Oct 14, 2017 at 15:28:01

Cardano al Campo, Italy
Last post by Seabreezes1 in Northern Italy on Oct 13, 2017 at 21:58:14

Muscatello
Last post by Biff83 in Southern Italy on Oct 11, 2017 at 15:22:57

Motta San Giovanni / Valanidi questions: please help!
Last post by PrimoMattino in Southern Italy on Oct 03, 2017 at 17:32:46

Motta San Giovanni / Valanidi questions: please help!
Last post by Italysearcher in Where do I begin? on Sep 24, 2017 at 18:25:31

Bastianelli Sant Elia Fiumerapido or Altina
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Sep 23, 2017 at 18:29:38

RESEACHING LUCIA NAPOLI DELIANOUVA
Last post by nuccia in Where do I begin? on Sep 22, 2017 at 06:13:48

Surname Serafini from Barga
Last post by Libby in Northern Italy on Sep 04, 2017 at 03:47:22

Sant'Elia Fiumerapido - De Filippis
Last post by Marchpatty in Central Italy on Aug 24, 2017 at 23:45:06

PUGLIESE OR VALEO
Last post by Biff83 in Central Italy on Aug 05, 2017 at 20:14:08

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › How Can I locate my Family in Italy › Southern Italy › Nervino(a) documents

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
Nervino(a) documents

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Southern Italy Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
charliemis
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Nervino(a) documents Reply with quote

Cathy wrote:
Charliemis,
I crack up everytime I see a post by you (your avatar is so cute) - I LOVE your avatar!

Hi Cathy,

What Avatar, that is my picture Embarassed

PS -- Please use Charlie --- when I created my user ID, I thought this was a much bigger group and I needed to differentiate from all the other CHARLIEs in the group

Researching: Corato, Provincia di Bari in Puglia e San Giorgio Albanese, Provincia di Cosenza in Calabria.
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: Nervino(a) documents Reply with quote

Dave - great posts - love the documents. But I am a little confused - what is that book? From the church? Whatever it is, it looks great! And I think you are right - people would love to look for their ancestor's names in there - me included! Very Happy How many pages is it?

Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: Nervino(a) documents Reply with quote

charliemis wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Charliemis,
I crack up everytime I see a post by you (your avatar is so cute) - I LOVE your avatar!

Hi Cathy,

What Avatar, that is my picture Embarassed

PS -- Please use Charlie --- when I created my user ID, I thought this was a much bigger group and I needed to differentiate from all the other CHARLIEs in the group
Well Charlie - I think your cute! This forum is only 2 months old and almost 10,000 page views...give us a little time and maybe other Charlie's will join you!

DaveFerro
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Re: Nervino(a) documents Reply with quote

Cathy,

Sorry I did not say what the Tiro book is. Pietro belonged to the Harlem Shooting (Tiro) Club and this is his membership book when he joined in June 1, 1899. The image in the previous post is the first page. The following are from the back of the book and list the members.

Tiro Book Page 56-57

Tiro Book Page 58-59

Tiro Book Page 60-61

The story goes that Pietro was playing cards with someone and that person came back and shot him. Pietro's membership did not help and perhaps the other person benefited from membership. The family moved to Auburn after this as Antonia had family here: her father Raffaele Ciarla and two brothers, Leonardo Ciarla and Raimundo Giuseppe who changed his name to Joseph Charles.

Next time I will upload some more wedding photos. My mom's Aunt Anna is actually almost smiling in one of them.

Dave

Last edited by DaveFerro on Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:25 am; edited 3 times in total
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Nervino(a) documents Reply with quote

Very interesting. Thanks for posting the indexes with the members names. Perhaps one of their ancestors will find a familiar name! Wouldn't that be something!

DaveFerro
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: Nervino(a) documents Reply with quote

Cathy,

It is my intention to post the membership at forums and sites in NYC, especially around Italian Harlem. I have already sent all the docs to the webmaster at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church which I linked in an earlier post in this topic. He said none of the names were familiar to him.

Another site specific to NYC is The Italian-American Website of New York

Be prepared for the Italian music that plays when the page opens. It has a section on famous Italians and many links. He also put in links for other ethnic groups, including Chinese Culture, American Jewish Archives, Irish, Colombian, Famous Scottish -- Emmy, take note, Brazil - a virtual Tour, German, African American Culture. The Famous Italian part is interesting.

Another site that has Databases of NYC records is Italian Genealogy Group

I found a transcribed copy of Jacob Riis' book How The Other Half Lives at Jacob Riis HOW THE OTHER HALF LIVES

Some other photos from the past...

This is the same wedding couple, my great aunt and my adopted mom's parents. The couple behind them are her Aunt Anna and Uncle Dom DeFabion. Anna is Maria Concetta Nervino in the 1896 Passport. The young girl on the left is her Aunt Millie (Camilla). My mom says that the flowers on her mother's veil were wax. I am curious about the ferns that some of the girls are wearing.

This is the Netti wedding; the bride was a family friend Anna is almost smiling on the right, Millie in front of her and my mom's father Frank (Raffaele) Nervina the man on the left.

More as I can upload them.

Dave
DaveFerro
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: Nervino(a) documents Reply with quote

Mike,

Both Maspeth and Jim Murray posted pictures on FindAGrave for Pietro Nervino at Calvary Cemetery. Still can't find Incoronata though. There are no gravestones there for them or Frank Nervino.

Maspeth went to the NYC archives and found the death certificate, as well as info on Maria Antonia Nervino, the child whose baptismal certificate we have.

Also, essgee found the marriage banns and act; you should have seen the look on my mom's cousin's face (Tony Nervina) when I gave him copies.

Have to say thanks to essgee again.

Having trouble uploading, so have to sleep on it.

Dave
  Page 2 of 2All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Southern Italy Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: