Request for extracts ignored by L'ufficio di Stato Civile
Last post by charliemis in Southern Italy on Oct 23, 2017 at 11:38:43

Ambrogio Bianchi Birth Certificate - Rome/Ferentino
Last post by debbiemfit in Where do I begin? on Oct 14, 2017 at 15:28:01

Cardano al Campo, Italy
Last post by Seabreezes1 in Northern Italy on Oct 13, 2017 at 21:58:14

Muscatello
Last post by Biff83 in Southern Italy on Oct 11, 2017 at 15:22:57

Motta San Giovanni / Valanidi questions: please help!
Last post by PrimoMattino in Southern Italy on Oct 03, 2017 at 17:32:46

Motta San Giovanni / Valanidi questions: please help!
Last post by Italysearcher in Where do I begin? on Sep 24, 2017 at 18:25:31

Bastianelli Sant Elia Fiumerapido or Altina
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Sep 23, 2017 at 18:29:38

RESEACHING LUCIA NAPOLI DELIANOUVA
Last post by nuccia in Where do I begin? on Sep 22, 2017 at 06:13:48

Surname Serafini from Barga
Last post by Libby in Northern Italy on Sep 04, 2017 at 03:47:22

Sant'Elia Fiumerapido - De Filippis
Last post by Marchpatty in Central Italy on Aug 24, 2017 at 23:45:06

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › How Can I locate my Family in Italy › Southern Italy › Possibly cousins found..

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
Possibly cousins found..

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Southern Italy Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jesse
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Possibly cousins found.. Reply with quote

Hello Nuccia
Recently Nick Curri (Florida) contacted me (Thomas Curri (New York State) informing me that his father was born in Locorotondo, Italy (province of Bari.
Our last names are spelled the same. My grandfather was born in Locorotondo as was my father.
Is there any way you can help me find information as whether or not there is a family linkage? Thomas Curri
nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:21 am    Post subject: Re: Possibly cousins found.. Reply with quote

Thomas I can try but you will need to give me a few weeks. I am home taking care of my son right now whose ill. What do you need?

Calabria Exchange
jesse
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Possibly cousins found.. Reply with quote

Hello Nuccia, I apologize for my poor timing. Please be assured that after more than a half a century my inquiry is not pressing. Wishing you and your son well. Tom
jesse
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Possibly cousins found.. Reply with quote

Nuccia, Received a lead that my father, Emanuele Curri; son of Tommaso, possibly had a cousin, Nick; son of Cosmo. Both Tommaso Curri and Cosmo Curri' are from the Locorotondo (Bari) Italy. Is there a way of ascertaining some connection? Tom
charliemis
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Possibly cousins found.. Reply with quote

Hi Jesse,

Recently another poster, Livio provided a list of towns that are now online at the FamilySearch website (Family History Library of the Mormon Church). You should be able to find birth documents for both your Grandfather and his brother (and other siblings) Prior to this recent development you needed to view the records via Microfilm; of course you can also write (in Italian) to the town hall in Locorotondo:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
liviomoreno
V.I.P.

Italian online collections on FamilySearch
Site Related announcements and messages. Updated 21 August 2010 - PLEASE READ

I have created an excel file with a list of all the Italian "Comuni" included in the "browseimage" FamilySearch collections. The file can be downloaded from:

web.tiscali.it/liviomo...Search.xls

and I will try to keep it up to date as time permits.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
www.familysearch.org/s...%3D1968511

Good luck

Researching: Corato, Provincia di Bari in Puglia e San Giorgio Albanese, Provincia di Cosenza in Calabria.
Biff83
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Possibly cousins found.. Reply with quote

Ciao, Tom

Based on our phone conversation, I found a Cosmo Curri, born 12 March 1897 who emigrated in 1914 to Utica NY with his sister Anna and brother Giovanni where they were joining their brother Antonio. Their nearest relative in Italy was their father Nicola. All were born in Alberobello which is just a couple of clicks northwest of Locorotondo.
1914 manifest
Page 1
www.ellisisland.org/EI...&line=0020
Page 2
www.ellisisland.org/EI...&line=0020

Cosmo's parents were Nicola Curri and Maria Potenza per thie following 1921 Oneida county marriage license. He married Angeline(a) Perrine.
Record 684, lower left
img585.imageshack.us/i...rriage.jpg

Can you check with Nick to see if the above info is correct? If it is, I'll continue our search.

Best,
Biff

"You live as long as you are remembered." -- Russian proverb
jesse
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Possibly cousins found.. Reply with quote

Hello Biff. Having you back warms my heart. Hope Nuccia is equally well and healthy. Thank you for the information. I will contact Nick and Mary Curri via phone shortly. Please stand by. I'll get back to you by mail. T
jesse
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Possibly cousins found.. Reply with quote

Greetings Biff, Your inquiry is confirmed. I personally spoke with both Nick and Mary Curri (Fla.) and the information you provided me was shared with them and is correct.
' Some time ago you introduced the name of "Cosmo" which I distracted you from pursuing, never at that time been aware of probable cousins.
As both Cosmo Curri and (my uncle) Gaetano (Gueseppi,Giuseppe, Tom) arrived in the same year (1914) could the cousins possibly be traveling together? My uncle's ship was the Saxonia.
jesse
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Possibly cousins found.. Reply with quote

Reply #2 Biff, Sorry, re-read the manifest you submitted and again I "missed the mark". Cosmo arrives in March and Gaetano () in July of the same year (1914) So much for that. I still think we have a strong case for COUSINS ---- but how far back, this is something to ponder. Nick and Mary may be the closest living cousing (Curri) I have in the USA.
nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Re: Possibly cousins found.. Reply with quote

Hi Jesse - thanks for asking about me. I'm doing much better than I was up until last week. Glad Biff is able to help you - and I'm so sorry I haven't been around much but I'll try to do better. Keep updating us on your progress, okay?

Calabria Exchange
jesse
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Possibly cousins found.. Reply with quote

Warm greetings Nuccia. Reading your message was like a breath of fresh air on a warm summer afternoon ---- and messaging you from these Adirondack mountains in February--- consider my welcome most expectedly. Nice to have you back. Hopefully you and Biff can look after one another. Una y una and smle.
jesse
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Possibly cousins found.. Reply with quote

Hello Biff, Great news this evening. Got an encouraging message from Nuccia.
Biff I believe that there is a lead if we can ascertain who Gautano (Tom) was going to when he arrives in New York in 1914. Could it be to one of the Curri cousis?
Biff83
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Possibly cousins found.. Reply with quote

Tom,

From what I understand, the Fort Myers library has online access to records from both Alberobello and Locorotondo. I'm going to try to make it over there sometime this week so I can check what is avaliable. My initial objectives will be to find the marriage records of your grandfather Tommaso and his wife Rosa, and the marriage record of Nick Curri's grandparents Nicola and wife Maria Potenza. These marriage records will include the brides' and grooms' parents' names and might establish a connection.

Best Regards,
Biff

jesse
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Possibly cousins found.. Reply with quote

Good hunting Biff. I am going to see if I can back track and look at the mainifest of the ship Saxonia that my Uncle Tom(Gaetano) came on in 1914. Take care and thanking you in advance. Tom
Biff83
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Possibly cousins found.. Reply with quote

Tom,

Unfortunately, the local library does not have access to the online records for Alberobello and Locorotondo. I thought they did since they are listed as a Family Search Center. However, since the facility is not staffed by LDS members, it is not allowed access due to copyright laws. Big Bummer!

Biff

Page 1 of 3All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Southern Italy Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: