Last post by debbiemfit in Northern Italy on Mar 12, 2017 at 21:49:52

Calabria Record
Last post by JoeBlack36 in Southern Italy on Mar 11, 2017 at 15:53:00

Cassivi from Ragusa
Last post by Italysearcher in Southern Italy on Feb 28, 2017 at 16:54:25

FONTANA-PENSA marriage between 1800 and 1814 in Como
Last post by denby in Northern Italy on Feb 27, 2017 at 00:00:12

Online Vital Records
Last post by debbiemfit in General Discussion Groups on Feb 26, 2017 at 21:15:51

Help finding city
Last post by Italysearcher in Southern Italy on Feb 05, 2017 at 11:10:06

Audino Birth Certificate - Benestare
Last post by drusilla in Where do I begin? on Jan 27, 2017 at 00:23:52

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › How Can I locate my Family in Italy › Southern Italy › San Fili

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
San Fili

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Southern Italy Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tracer56
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: San Fili Reply with quote

Yes I am sure they do not have the right lens. The folks there has been great to work with, they have searche dthe premises thourghly. Thier scanner/reader/printer died and they have not been able to replace it. My son is a very good photograher and has taken some shots of the records. I am trying to manipulate them in a photo program to enlage them enough to be readable. I can make out some names, but I am not familiar enough with the language to make a good assesment of the rest of the words. But I am working on it. I work three jobs and seldom get a day off, so going out of town for the day to visit another center will be a rare thing. It will have to be planned out. But I have waited all these years to find this family, another few weeks (or months) likely wont kill me. But just like a kid at CHristmas, I see the present in front of me. I just cannot find a way to open it. Oh the frustration !!!! Like many with Italian genes, patience is not my most generous virtue.
BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:32 am    Post subject: Re: San Fili Reply with quote

Email me the photo's your son took and I'll see if I can enlarge enough to read and post for translation and/or send back to you. My email is EJFFTS @ AOL.com (no spaces before and after the @ symbol). Post a message here on the forum so I know when you sent them and just put GENTE in your emails subject line.

Maybe we'll get lucky.

Regards,
Elizabeth

Mangiardi, Tedeschi/Tedesco, Zangari, Coda, DeFrancesco, Ierulli, Bava, Daniele, Valente
tracer56
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: San Fili Reply with quote

Thank you for your offer. I am going to attemt to send them tonight. I have improved the photos a great deal. Most, I believe will be readable as long as you know what the words are. The oldest, 1866 and 67 records, are the hardest to read. Good Luck.
BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Re: San Fili Reply with quote

Got your email ...... I'll be looking for them tomorrow morning.

Mangiardi, Tedeschi/Tedesco, Zangari, Coda, DeFrancesco, Ierulli, Bava, Daniele, Valente
BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:07 am    Post subject: Re: San Fili Reply with quote

Here is the image you sent me. I will also post on the translation forum for you.

tteti
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: San Fili Reply with quote

Well for kicks I was up in my home town of New Rochelle and thought I would go to City Hall and get my grandprents marriage certificate guessing on the year I found that I was correct but they said they would mail it to me.
Lo and behold I received it yesterday, what errors, my grandfather was listed as Passarello instead of Passarelli his mother listed as Pepperina chiarilla insteas of Guiseppina Chianelli.
My grand mother listed as Giavanina Nofrio instead of Giovannina Onofrio her father listed as guiseppi Nofrio insted of Onofrio and her mother listed as Carolina Sposa instead of Cherubina Esposito.
Strange also was the marriage date was May 17th 1902 the date of license was August 18th 1902.
Even though it has errors I am glad that I got it and confirmed Date of marriage.
Going to try to head back to EDS for more films.
Also went to cemetary in hopes that I would find Guiseppi Onofrio or Serafino Onofrio but no luck. Iguess? that Guiseppi may have returned to Italy after his wifes death, but I hope since Serafino since he had married and had children in New Rochelle he may have be buried there but no luck although I just checked one cemetary
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: San Fili Reply with quote

tteti wrote:
Well for kicks I was up in my home town of New Rochelle and thought I would go to City Hall and get my grandprents marriage certificate guessing on the year I found that I was correct but they said they would mail it to me.
Lo and behold I received it yesterday, what errors, my grandfather was listed as Passarello instead of Passarelli his mother listed as Pepperina chiarilla insteas of Guiseppina Chianelli.
My grand mother listed as Giavanina Nofrio instead of Giovannina Onofrio her father listed as guiseppi Nofrio insted of Onofrio and her mother listed as Carolina Sposa instead of Cherubina Esposito.
Strange also was the marriage date was May 17th 1902 the date of license was August 18th 1902.
Even though it has errors I am glad that I got it and confirmed Date of marriage.
Going to try to head back to EDS for more films.
Also went to cemetary in hopes that I would find Guiseppi Onofrio or Serafino Onofrio but no luck. Iguess? that Guiseppi may have returned to Italy after his wifes death, but I hope since Serafino since he had married and had children in New Rochelle he may have be buried there but no luck although I just checked one cemetary
That's great Tony. I found errors in my family death records too. Unfortunately, the information on them is reported by a family member who may not know correct dates or spellings of surnames. Perhaps they pronounced Onofrio Nofrio so they spelled it phonetically. As for Passarello, keep an open mind. That is a local surname too and you may find that is correct as you go back further.

tteti
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: San Fili Reply with quote

Thanks Cathy the birth certificate from San Fili on my grandfather lists him as Antonio Passarelli and my grandmother is listed as Giovanina Onofrio on hers.
I believe the clerk in New Rochelle took some liberties when copying the marriage certificate
nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: San Fili Reply with quote

I am bringing this to the top again since Cathy has now made available some baptism records for the 1700's. Although my family was from San Fili originally we found many of the earlier generations in this films so please have a look.

www.cosenzaexchange.co...index.html

Calabria Exchange
  Page 2 of 2All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Southern Italy Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: