x
Toggle Content Register or Login  -  September 22, 2017, 5:11 pm
Toggle Content User Info
Toggle Content Main Menu
Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

Bastianelli Sant Elia Fiumerapido or Altina
Last post by MSDEMAMBRO in Central Italy on Sep 22, 2017 at 16:04:49

Motta San Giovanni / Valanidi questions: please help!
Last post by Dangat in Southern Italy on Sep 22, 2017 at 10:56:33

Motta San Giovanni / Valanidi questions: please help!
Last post by Dangat in Where do I begin? on Sep 22, 2017 at 10:47:34

RESEACHING LUCIA NAPOLI DELIANOUVA
Last post by nuccia in Where do I begin? on Sep 22, 2017 at 06:13:48

Surname Serafini from Barga
Last post by Libby in Northern Italy on Sep 04, 2017 at 03:47:22

Sant'Elia Fiumerapido - De Filippis
Last post by Marchpatty in Central Italy on Aug 24, 2017 at 23:45:06

PUGLIESE OR VALEO
Last post by Biff83 in Central Italy on Aug 05, 2017 at 20:14:08

PUGLIESE OR VALEO
Last post by Biff83 in Southern Italy on Aug 05, 2017 at 20:13:41

PUGLIESE OR VALEO
Last post by Biff83 in Northern Italy on Aug 05, 2017 at 01:30:23

Ambrogio Bianchi
Last post by debbiemfit in Central Italy on Jul 31, 2017 at 17:49:19

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › How Can I locate my Family in Italy › Southern Italy › New surnames, Terranova and Bernarducci

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
New surnames, Terranova and Bernarducci

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Southern Italy Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lotus45tiye
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: New surnames, Terranova and Bernarducci Reply with quote

Hello;
I am new to this board, great site. I have added my maternal and paternal grandparents name to the Surname list, as I am running out of leads to search, hope to find some leads soon.
MG parents are Guiseppe Terranova who married Caterina Flora, not sure of marriage location. Guiseppe was born 10/26/1883 in Sant' Arsenio, Campania region, have his birth certificate. Found his naturalization papers, ship manifest and census records. I cannot find anything on Caterina Flora.

PG parents are Matteo Bernarducci, born 11/1876 who married Stefanina Ciuccio, both from Trentinara, Campania. They were married in the Most Precious Blood Church, Little Italy in 1903. Stefanina's family tree has been searched back to 1750's, but I have not been about to locate any relatives for Matteo.

I have a friend from Calarbia who wil assisting me in writing to Sant' Arsenio to obtain the Family History, BC and marriage certs. Not sure were else to look for info. Anyone have Ideas? Found one sibling to Guiseppe Terranova, none for Matteo Bernarducci and absolutely nothering on Caterine Flora. Help, Thank Carol
BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: New surnames, Terranova and Bernarducci Reply with quote

Hi Carol and welcome to the forum. We have some great researchers here and I'm sure they'll come up with some suggestions to aid you in your search. One suggestion I have off the top of my head for Matteo............it sounds like you have the church record for his marriage, can you post it? The marriage also had to be registered in the civil office and that record will tell you if he was from a different comune or not.........have you written to the civil office for the actual document?

Let us know and I'm sure other memebers will be on to give some suggestions.

Again.............welcome to Gente!!!!

Elizabeth

Mangiardi, Tedeschi/Tedesco, Zangari, Coda, DeFrancesco, Ierulli, Bava, Daniele, Valente
nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: New surnames, Terranova and Bernarducci Reply with quote

For reference, here is Matteo WW1 Draft Card Registration..

World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918
about Matteo Bernarducci
Name: Matteo Bernarducci
City: Jersey City
County: Hudson
State: New Jersey
Birth Date: 25 Nov 1876
Race: White
Roll: 1712211
DraftBoard: 7

Matteo Bernarducci

Calabria Exchange
nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: New surnames, Terranova and Bernarducci Reply with quote

Stephanies (or Stella's) parents were alive in 1910 and living with them ..

There names were Pietro (spelled Petro on the census) and Teresa...

If you need to see the record I can link it.

I need to lie down now for a bit. I worked the early shift and need to go back tonight ..ughhh! I'll have a look once I get up

Calabria Exchange
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Re: New surnames, Terranova and Bernarducci Reply with quote

Carol,
Welcome to Gente! Very Happy Do you know if Caterina Flora was born in the U.S. or Italy? An approximate age? I found lots of Caterina and Catherine Flora's but am not sure what to look for.
Possible relatives for Matteo:
CLICK HERE – Ernesto Bernarducci from Trentinara 1902 manifest

Ernesto Bernarducci from Trentinara 1902 special inquiry manifest

Speranaza Bernarducci from Trentinara 1902 special inquiry manifest

Ernesto WWI registration

Possible Ernesto 1930 Census

lotus45tiye
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: New surnames, Terranova and Bernarducci Reply with quote

Thank you all for your advise! I am very please at all the responses to my inquiry, wonderful.
I have the WW! registration on Matteo and Guisepps, and also have the marriage certificate from New York City on the marriage of Stefanina Ciuccio and Matteo Bernarducci. Actually I discovered Matteo's parents names from this certificate, Vencenzo and Rosa Manganella. The certificate only shows their residency at the time of the marriage, being New Jersey for Matteo and 185 Mott Street, NYC for Stefanina. I do have alot of info on Stefanina as a distant cousin utilized the services of a gentleman in Campania to do a complete search. The family of Ciucci or Cucci had a change of spelling from Ciuccio and this entire family is related to the Vernaglia's in Trentinara.
I have prepared a letter to send to Sant' Arsenio on Guiseppe Terranova's family history. Waiting for a friend to translate it into Italian for me. This letter should give me more info on the Terranova family.
As far as Caterina Flora, I have not been able to discover if she was born in the USA or married in the USA. she died in 1931 at a very young age and I have found the 1930 census for Hudson County listing the family. I have contacted my Great Aunt's children and they have even less information than I do. I will be trying to obtain her death certificate from Trenton and the cemetary records in Hudson County, which hopefully will give me further info on her date and locating of birth. All census records for Hudson County do not list her parents or her siblings. Her father was Guiseppe Flora and mother's first name was Angelina. There were only 3 children, Caterina, Madeline and Antonio. A census record from I believe 1910 or 1920 listes two familys in Jersey City but there are children listed that do not match.
I also have copies of the records you all found on Ernesto, we do believe he may be Matteo's brother, however, alot of the Bernarducci's seem to be going to CT not NY or NJ, and we have no info on anyone named Speranaza Bernarducci. I will look into this lead. Once again, Thank youall, Carol

Biff83
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: New surnames, Terranova and Bernarducci Reply with quote

Carol,

I posted this link on Barbara Ritola's thread but have repeated here in case you missed it.

Link to Register of Souls (Status Animarum) for Trentinara for 1915 and 1721
www.trentinara.com/ind...Itemid=245

Biff

"You live as long as you are remembered." -- Russian proverb
Biff83
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: New surnames, Terranova and Bernarducci Reply with quote

Hi Carol,

This is in response to your question on Barb Ritola's thread about the family of Donato Bernarducci listed on the 1915 Register of Souls. First, paternità (fatherhood/paternity) does show the names of the father's of the individuals listed.
Since Donato's father is Vincenzo as is his oldest son and since Donato's oldest daughter is Rosa, there's a decent chance that Donato was Matteo's brother based on the Italian naming tradition. The only way to know for sure, however, is to check Donato's birth record and see if his mother was Rosa Manganella.

Biff

lotus45tiye
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: New surnames, Terranova and Bernarducci Reply with quote

Thanks Biff; actually found Barbara's post. another question about Register of Souls, under status is says Figlia and Mogile, what does that mean.

Biff83
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: New surnames, Terranova and Bernarducci Reply with quote

lotus45tiye wrote:
Thanks Biff; actually found Barbara's post. another question about Register of Souls, under status is says Figlia and Mogile, what does that mean.
Status
Figlia--daughter
Figlio--son
Moglie--wife
Capo di Famiglia--head of family
Sorella--sister
Fratello--brother
Nipote--grandson or granddaughter; grandchild
Madre--mother
Padre--father
Nuora--daughter in law
Genero--son in law

Condizione
Falegname--carpenter
Donato and his son Vincenzo's occupation; same as Matteo's.

Biff

lotus45tiye
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: New surnames, Terranova and Bernarducci Reply with quote

You are so kind, thank you.

Biff83
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: New surnames, Terranova and Bernarducci Reply with quote

Carol,
Have you seen this 1910 census record for Vincenzo and Rose Bernaduci [sic] and family? Interesting to note that son Donato's age and grandson Vincenzo's age match ages on the Status Animarum from 1915. Also son Matteo's age matches as does his marriage year. Could he have been counted twice? Once with his folks and another time with his wife and family? Could this be your family?
img516.imageshack.us/i...910vp4.jpg

Biff

lotus45tiye
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: New surnames, Terranova and Bernarducci Reply with quote

Wow Biff, never seen this census before! not sure how connected, as Matteo in my records had brothers named Ernisto and Angelo (among others for sure) Angelo is verified, have been in contact with his grandson. Matteo married Stefanina (Stella) Cuiccio in 1903 and this first son, Venzenzo was born by 1904, she is not listed on this census, therefore, not in same household? Stefanina's marriage cert to Matteo shows she live at 185 Mott Street NYC, which is close to 170 Mulberry Street, however Cert. states that Matteo lived in NJ, no town or street listed. Names, ages, everything looks right. Another conundrum!

lotus45tiye
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: New surnames, Terranova and Bernarducci Reply with quote

Wait, cannot read name of daughter in law on census, could it be Stella? looks to me like Guela. This may be them, but children not listed? Vincenzo B1904, Attilio B 1905, Donato b 1908 and Rose b 1909, rest of children born after 1910.

Biff83
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: New surnames, Terranova and Bernarducci Reply with quote

The daughter in law listed on the above 1910 census is Donato's wife.

Interesting 1906 did not sail ship manifest for a Donantonio Bernarducci, carpenter, and son Vincenzo with destination New York to join father/grandfather Vincenzo Bernarducci, lines 2 and 3.
img114.imageshack.us/i...906on2.jpg

Here's the 1910 Jersey City census which shows Matteo and Stefanina and family living with Stefanina's parents.
img337.imageshack.us/i...910mm4.jpg

During this time, is it possible that Matteo worked in Manhattan and stayed with his parents during the week and returned to Jersey on the weekends? That might account for him being counted twice in the census.

Biff

Last edited by Biff83 on Sun May 11, 2008 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
  Page 1 of 3All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Southern Italy Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: