Toggle Content Main Menu
Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

bocca
Last post by tennino in General Discussion Groups on Jan 16, 2021 at 16:56:41

Towns in Frosinone that were part of former Vatican States a
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Feb 19, 2019 at 09:15:58

Dual Citizenship
Last post by Curci-Ghio in General Discussion Groups on Nov 18, 2018 at 15:30:54

Please Help Translate Letter
Last post by nuccia in Translations on Oct 20, 2018 at 06:18:43

Family in Cittanova
Last post by russojoseph1 in Translations on Oct 14, 2018 at 12:28:20

DNA Testing
Last post by nuccia in General Discussion Groups on Sep 29, 2018 at 10:39:30

Trento -Atto di Nascita - Frazione di Poia, Comune di Comano
Last post by exevans in Northern Italy on Mar 28, 2018 at 00:45:37

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:58:50

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:53:38

State of the Family Record & Other State Records
Last post by debbiemfit in Northern Italy on Jan 02, 2018 at 23:14:28

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › General › General Discussion Groups › Where's Biff?

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
Where's Biff?
Want to share something new or just have fun? You can do that here.
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index General Discussion Groups Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:38 am    Post subject: Where's Biff? Reply with quote

I guess you have all noticed the forum has been a bit quiet the last few weeks. With summer here, several of our members are on vacation and the others, like myself, are either busy with guests or gardening or just simply enjoying the summer. Not unusual for this time of year.

But...

Where's Biff? Normally he would let us know if he wasn't going to be around and I haven't seen him which is very strange. Has anyone heard from him at all?

Calabria Exchange
Eleven
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Where's Biff? Reply with quote

Maybe he forgot to mention he was going on vacation?
nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: Where's Biff? Reply with quote

It's possible but he's never done that before. I will email him later today. I'm a bit worried. Thanks.

Calabria Exchange
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Where's Biff? Reply with quote

Yes, email him...you've got me worried about him now.

Eleven
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Where's Biff? Reply with quote

Maybe his computer broke? Thats probably the most common reason why people disappear. Prior to my husband getting a laptop, if I couldnt get online because of computer problems, I seldom had another way of contacting people.
Poipu04
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Where's Biff? Reply with quote

Well, before there is a "where's Poipu" post, I just wanted to say that I have been very remiss in checking in. Things have been crazy at work and I have been helping a friend with a web site for her charity (not that I know what I am doing). I have not touched the family history stuff in a while, but hope to get back to it soon when things settle down.

Eleven
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Where's Biff? Reply with quote

Good thing you popped in..lol We all get those periods of time where we get busy with other things and not so much with family history. I try to check here once a day, if I can.
nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Where's Biff? Reply with quote

Lori! How are you? If you need any help just give a holler. I have been a bit lax with my own sites (trying to enjoying what little summer we have) but I will find the time to give you a hand.

Ok..now we need Gina and Biff, and Bob. I heard from Liz the other day so I know shes ok. I know the summer is hard for everyone but as we are all friends..family..it makes me worried when I don't at least hear hello. (Mom syndrome)

Ok..so I emailed Biff this afternoon. No reply yet but I will keep everyone posted as soon as I hear something!

Calabria Exchange
Poipu04
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Where's Biff? Reply with quote

I see Gina on occassion on Facebook. I will have to give her a holler too. That is so neat that Cathy is meeting Jim in person. That gave me a kick in the pants to come back over and see what is going on with everyone.

Emmy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: Where's Biff? Reply with quote

Havent seen Carnie(Mike) or BilliedeKid(Elizabeth) posting recently either hope everything is ok with them and their families too.
Emmy

Carole
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Where's Biff? Reply with quote

Emmy wrote:
Havent seen Carnie(Mike) or BilliedeKid(Elizabeth) posting recently either hope everything is ok with them and their families too.
Emmy

I saw a message for Carnie on another forum the other day. Perhaps his wife's health isn't too good again.

The last time I heard from Billie was a month ago and she was in a rush and couldn't talk. We said we would 'meet up' later - but we haven't yet. I've not seen her on Skype for a while either. Maybe her brother in law is still not well...

But if anyone that we've mentioned on this thread happens to read it, then PLEASE, rest assured that you are all in our thoughts and prayers, and when you are able, even just a very quick "Hello" will be really welcome here.

I think we are all a little reluctant to intrude into your private lives, at what might be an inopportune moment, and so just a word from any, or even better, FROM ALL OF YOU wuld be appreciated and put our minds to rest without disturbing you too much.

So - from ALL of us..... to ALL of you

Researching: EDMED, SAVILL, TYSON, NEWCOMBE, STAPLETON, GUNTER, STAPLES
If you think education is expensive -try ignorance!

>Expats in Italy<
Come and join 'Dork and Friends'! >New Blog<
Eleven
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Where's Biff? Reply with quote

Some people dont use their computers as much in summer. They are out, or away. It seems everyone is home in the winter.
Biff83
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Where's Biff? Reply with quote

Hey, everyone,

Many thanks for your concern. I haven't been around as much here and on Edmondo's site for the past few weeks due to health issues with my wife's parents and my Mom. Just returned from a short trip to Pennsylvania to visit my Mom. She's been in a nursing home for the last couple of years and has done pretty well until the past couple of months. Nothing specifically wrong but as every month passes her overall health slips more and more. My wife's parents, although in pretty good health, are also slowing down as time goes by and are considering going into an assisted living apartment so they don't have to contend with all the issues and expense of a home, but it's a tough decision for them since they view moving into assisted living as a step toward their deaths.

Anyway, I'll keep checking in here and elsewhere but might not have time to contribute a lot.

Best,
Biff

"You live as long as you are remembered." -- Russian proverb
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Where's Biff? Reply with quote

Glad your OK Biff...sorry about the parents. It is difficult to see them slip away so slowly. I no longer fear death...I fear living too long. I will add them to my prayers.

nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Where's Biff? Reply with quote

Oh Biff! Thank goodness you're ok! I was so anxious. I also am sorry to hear about your parents. I am going through something similar with my mom. She has knee surgery a few months ago and since then I have seen a real drop in her health (unrelated but still scary). My mom has never been sick a day in her life so its weird to see her like this.

No worries about not being able to contribute as much..just stop by every now again and let us know all is good. We do worry..

Hugs and prayers!

Calabria Exchange
  Page 1 of 2All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index General Discussion Groups Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: