Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

Ambrogio Bianchi Birth Certificate - Rome/Ferentino
Last post by debbiemfit in Where do I begin? on Oct 14, 2017 at 15:28:01

Cardano al Campo, Italy
Last post by Seabreezes1 in Northern Italy on Oct 13, 2017 at 21:58:14

Muscatello
Last post by Biff83 in Southern Italy on Oct 11, 2017 at 15:22:57

Motta San Giovanni / Valanidi questions: please help!
Last post by PrimoMattino in Southern Italy on Oct 03, 2017 at 17:32:46

Motta San Giovanni / Valanidi questions: please help!
Last post by Italysearcher in Where do I begin? on Sep 24, 2017 at 18:25:31

Bastianelli Sant Elia Fiumerapido or Altina
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Sep 23, 2017 at 18:29:38

RESEACHING LUCIA NAPOLI DELIANOUVA
Last post by nuccia in Where do I begin? on Sep 22, 2017 at 06:13:48

Surname Serafini from Barga
Last post by Libby in Northern Italy on Sep 04, 2017 at 03:47:22

Sant'Elia Fiumerapido - De Filippis
Last post by Marchpatty in Central Italy on Aug 24, 2017 at 23:45:06

PUGLIESE OR VALEO
Last post by Biff83 in Central Italy on Aug 05, 2017 at 20:14:08

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › How Can I locate my Family in Italy › Southern Italy › Looking for ancestors

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
Looking for ancestors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Southern Italy Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dolores

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Looking for ancestors Reply with quote

How can I obtain birth and death information for some of my ancestors, some came from Avellino, some from S'ant Angelo Allesca. Thank you. Rolling Eyes
nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:42 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for ancestors Reply with quote

Hi Delores. Welcome to Gente. It would depend on when your ancestors were born or died. You may be able to get copies of the acts by searching the microfilms available from the LDS or by writing to the comune from where they came. Do you have exact dates or just estimated years?

Calabria Exchange
BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for ancestors Reply with quote

Hi Dolores and welcome to Gente. You can get birth acts, death acts, marriages etc. from the LDS. Right now their system seems to be down and not working properly but I'm sure they'll have it fixed soon. What you'll need to do is go to their site www.familysearch.org/e...t_fhlc.asp select Place...type in the name of the town you're interested in. The name of the town has to be spelled correctly or it will tell you they have no films....Avellino is correct and the correct spelling of your second town is.... Sant'Angelo all'Esca .... you may have to put a space between the apostrophe and Angelo. Here is a link for a step by step tutorial we have for ordering films www.gentedimaregenealo...pic&t=2263

After you decide which films you want to order you have to locate a Family History Center (FHC) so you can go there to order the films for viewing. Cost of a film is about $5.50 USD and takes 2-4 weeks to arrive. After the LDS site comes back we'll be able to help you a bit better.

You can also write a request to each town requesting records. Let me know if you are leaning toward this and I can link a form letter for you.

Mangiardi, Tedeschi/Tedesco, Zangari, Coda, DeFrancesco, Ierulli, Bava, Daniele, Valente
Dolores

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for ancestors Reply with quote

Thank you both SO much for the excellent information. I do have some "exact dates", and some are "about" dates, Admin.
V.I.P., I would like the link to which you are referring, can I correspond via email?

Dolores Murphy

BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for ancestors Reply with quote

Dolores wrote:
Thank you both SO much for the excellent information. I do have some "exact dates", and some are "about" dates, Admin.
V.I.P., I would like the link to which you are referring, can I correspond via email?

Dolores Murphy

Good morning Dolores. Here is the link for the form letter www.circolocalabrese.o.../index.asp all you need to do is fill in the blanks. All requests need to be made in Italian, which this letter will translate itself. And you'll need to include a self addressed stamped envelope with your request. The stamps need to be Italian stamps and if you look to the left on the forums homepage you will see where you can click to obtain stamps.

As for corresponding via email.....do you want to correspond with each town via email or you want to correspond with me via email?

Let me know
Elizabeth

Mangiardi, Tedeschi/Tedesco, Zangari, Coda, DeFrancesco, Ierulli, Bava, Daniele, Valente
Dolores

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for ancestors Reply with quote

Thank you, Elizabeth! I meant could I correspond via email to each town...........

nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for ancestors Reply with quote

Some towns do allow email but more often than not I have found you don't get an answer. They will respond (normally) to a letter by mailing a letter with either a negative reply or a positive one. Sometimes, depending on the town, a follow up letter or phone call is needed. I would stay away from the emails...

Calabria Exchange
BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for ancestors Reply with quote

If you want to try it Dolores here are the links to get you to both towns. I don't see any harm in trying, the worst that can happen is no response or you get a response saying you have to send a request in writing. There have been a few people on the forum that have had responses via email. It's up to you but your email will need to be written in Italian.

en.comuni-italiani.it/...index.html

en.comuni-italiani.it/...index.html

Dolores

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for ancestors Reply with quote

Thank you both BillieDeKid and nuccia for your responses. It seems that a letter is the way to go. Once I get my information together, that is what I will do. Again, thank you.

Dolores

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for ancestors Reply with quote

Thank you, Elizabeth. I went to the familysearch site you gave me, but I could not locate "place" to select. Am I doing something incorrectly?

Thank you.

uantiti
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for ancestors Reply with quote

On the family search site the "place search" option doesn't seem to work at the moment, or it doesn't work for me. I guess it's temporarily out of order.

Ada

Researching: Agazzone, Beretta, Bertona, Carbonati, Castelletta, Ferrari, Gallo, Guglielmetti, Marchini, Mascagni, Nicolazzi, Nobile, Rossi, Sacco, Tosone - gone to USA from Bogogno, province of Novara, Piedmont, Italy.
Dolores

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for ancestors Reply with quote

Thank you Ada, that makes me feel better........ Very Happy

Page 1 of 1All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Southern Italy Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: