x
Toggle Content Register or Login  -  September 24, 2017, 7:43 pm
Toggle Content User Info
Toggle Content Main Menu
Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

Motta San Giovanni / Valanidi questions: please help!
Last post by Italysearcher in Where do I begin? on Sep 24, 2017 at 18:25:31

Bastianelli Sant Elia Fiumerapido or Altina
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Sep 23, 2017 at 18:29:38

Motta San Giovanni / Valanidi questions: please help!
Last post by liviomoreno in Southern Italy on Sep 23, 2017 at 05:52:40

RESEACHING LUCIA NAPOLI DELIANOUVA
Last post by nuccia in Where do I begin? on Sep 22, 2017 at 06:13:48

Surname Serafini from Barga
Last post by Libby in Northern Italy on Sep 04, 2017 at 03:47:22

Sant'Elia Fiumerapido - De Filippis
Last post by Marchpatty in Central Italy on Aug 24, 2017 at 23:45:06

PUGLIESE OR VALEO
Last post by Biff83 in Central Italy on Aug 05, 2017 at 20:14:08

PUGLIESE OR VALEO
Last post by Biff83 in Southern Italy on Aug 05, 2017 at 20:13:41

PUGLIESE OR VALEO
Last post by Biff83 in Northern Italy on Aug 05, 2017 at 01:30:23

Ambrogio Bianchi
Last post by debbiemfit in Central Italy on Jul 31, 2017 at 17:49:19

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › How Can I locate my Family in Italy › Southern Italy › Finding birth information

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
Finding birth information

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Southern Italy Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Finding birth information Reply with quote

Hi Mary - feeling awful. But the common cold is something we all get so I will deal with it. Thanks for asking. I removed the double image. Bridget I am trying to go through what years I have - I still think your Bruno was born 1885 - even on his ship manifest he claims to be 15 but they wrote in 13 (which would make him born in 1885). As for immigrating - money of course. It was and still is a poor economy. Let me look through all my Castelvetre records and see what I can come up with it. Also I think we need to write a letter - but I will get back to you on that. We'll find them.

Calabria Exchange
Castelvetere

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Finding birth information Reply with quote

Nuccia,

I see what you mean about the 1885. So does this mean my Bruno really was Bruno? Not Guiseppe? I'm a bit confused. Is Vincenzo his brother? Rosa, his mother?
It's a lot to take in. I will get you whatever you need, please just let me know.

I surely appreciate you help. Feel better!

Bridget
nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Finding birth information Reply with quote

I think it actually may be him - for now i think we need to gather all the US documentation we can - ANYTHING and everything. I am just taking a break for now but I will help you out as much as I can.

Calabria Exchange
mary
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Finding birth information Reply with quote

Bridget -- I don't know if you already have these. It seems that there are two Bruno's from Ardore living in PA and both registered for the WWI draft. Do either sound like they could be yours? One says he has a wife, Maria, in Ardore the other says he supports a mother, father, a child, but no mention of a wife, yet he says he's married -- curiouser and curiouser.

I checked the 1910, '20, '30, and '40 US censuses but nothing viable shows up. That's not surprising. I had a lot of trouble finding my relative, until I searched with his son's name and there was the entire household.

familysearch.org/pal:/...1992870794

familysearch.org/pal:/...1654486514

I hope the links work for you.
Mary

Longmoor /more /muir from Edinburgh, Scotland and Limehouse, London
Pink from Limehouse, London
Nuttall, from Bradford/ Yorkshire/England and Hudson, Quebec
Castelvetere

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Finding birth information Reply with quote

Mary,

First, I just realized that you and Nuccia are both in Ontario. I'm in Buffalo. So, I assume we are all getting this wonderful weather. Hope you are both staying warm.

Ok, I actually know about both of the Bruno's in Pa. First, mine is the one with the draft card that says wife and child from Alleghany area. The other Bruno, I believe may be a cousin. I have been in contact with that family. They had 3 sons, Bruno, Guiseppe, and Luigi. I have been in contact with Guiseppe's daughter Evelyn. She's 87. Her Uncle Bruno dies as a result of WWII. But he died stateside. That was all the info she gave me.

As far as the census go, they only lived in PA for a short time. Curious, I know. But, I really don't know what made them leave. They return to Depew, NY by 1919 in time for daughter Margaret to be born in 1919. They also had a son, Joseph in 1927.

A few other facts, I case they can help. Bruno's wife was Mary Ellen Kearney. She was born in Hamilton, Ontario in 1899. they are on the census in 1930&40. I have no idea why I can't find them in 1920. They were in Depew.
Thank you again!
nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Finding birth information Reply with quote

I think the reason you can find them on the 1920 census is because Bruno and Vincenzo were back in Italy. They came back in 1921 and headed back to PA. But something doesn't add up. Can you message me when you see this please?

Oh and yes, I'm in Toronto but I believe Mary is on the outskirts. It's very cold and we're expecting snow but probably not nearly as much as you and Mary both got! Horrible weather (I suck at being a good Canadian).

Calabria Exchange
Castelvetere

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Finding birth information Reply with quote

Hi Nuccia,

I do see this. But, that is not my Bruno. I know that in 1920 my Bruno has 2 kids and is in buffalo, well Depew. And I have baptismal records that he signed. I've been thinking about the 1885 and I really don't think it's possible. He consistently says he was married at age 23 and I have wedding photos. He looks like he's in his 20s. At 31, I don't think so. But, I don't know.

I do know he did not return to Italy after 1910.

We woke to very cold conditions today. And no school. So I have 1 less day to get ready for Xmas. ;). But, I do have 2 joyful kids.

Stay warm.

Bridget
nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Finding birth information Reply with quote

Sent you an email Bridget. Yes, Bruno calls himself William in 1930 and his kids are born between 1917 and 1919 (in PA) and Joseph in New York in about 1927 - correct?

Calabria Exchange
Castelvetere

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Finding birth information Reply with quote

Yes. That's my Bruno. He became a citizen in 1924 in buffalo. I'll look at the email and get back to you.
nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Finding birth information Reply with quote

I think it's time to try another avenue - Mary posted some WW1 Draft Registration Cards and you said this was your Bruno

Registration Cards, 1917-1918"
Name: Bruno Castelveteri
Event Type: Draft Registration
Event Date: 1917-1918
Event Place: Allegheny County no 1, Pennsylvania, United States
Birth Date: 10 Aug 1890
Birthplace: Aldore, Reggio Calabria, Italy
Nationality: Italy
Affiliate Publication Title: World War I Selective Service System Draft Registration Cards
Affiliate Publication Number: M1509
GS Film number: 1852247
Digital Folder Number: 005266787
Image Number: 05164

If this is correct then it may not be the same Bruno and Vincenzo that traveled together in 1910 and 1921 ..

Then again it is strange that Bruno states on his 1930 Census that he arrived in 1910.

Mary do you have the births for /1889/1890/1891 ?

Calabria Exchange
Castelvetere

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Finding birth information Reply with quote

I would be confident in saying that the draft card you mention is my Bruno. I know that he was in PA in those years.

I do think he came over in 1910. But, I wonder whatever became of Vincenzo? Do you think there are answers with him? I have not been able to find a link to him or The brother Rosario from the manifest. Strange!
mary
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Finding birth information Reply with quote

Nuccia, I don't have those years. It's frustrating that birth dates don't seem to be consistent. On his draft registration, my relative made himself younger by two years, and his birth day and month were way off, also.

Bridget, is there a possibility that there might be an obituary for him in a newspaper for when he died? Maybe someone on here can help you with that. I have no idea how to go about it. Sometimes parents names were mentioned. I'm still working on that list of other Castelvetere records for you.

Sorry I can't be of any more help.
Mary

Longmoor /more /muir from Edinburgh, Scotland and Limehouse, London
Pink from Limehouse, London
Nuttall, from Bradford/ Yorkshire/England and Hudson, Quebec
Castelvetere

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Re: Finding birth information Reply with quote

Hi Mary,

You have been so much help! Thank you. I will see if I can find an obit. I really don't think it was mentioned much at home. The old country was the old country. But, it is a good suggestion. I will keep you posted.

Thank you for your help with the Castelvetere relatives. It will definitely help.

Stay warm,
Bridget
Paolo47
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Finding birth information Reply with quote

Hello again, Very Happy

From the Buffalo NY Courier Express 1966, the obit for Bruno if you haven't seen it.
Notice the spelling of his last name.

CASTLEVETERE-Bruno. Dec. 26, 1966,
of 528 Gould Ave., Depew, N.Y., husband
of the late Mary Ellen (nee
Kearney); dear father of Mrs. Albert
(Jean) Florello, Mrs. Margaret Mirich
and Joseph (Roberta) Castlevetere;
also survived by three grandchildren.
Funeral services Thursday from the
N.J. Sliwinski Funeral Home, 428 Penora
St., (off Broadway), Depew, at
830 a.m. and at Our Lady of PompeII
Church at 9 o'clock. Interment in St.
Mary's Cemetery, Lancaster, N.Y.

Paul

Castelvetere

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Finding birth information Reply with quote

Hi Paul,

Thank you. Yes the way it's spelled in the obit is actually the way we spell it today.

I appreciate your help. Merry Xmas!
  Page 2 of 4All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Southern Italy Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: