Toggle Content Main Menu
Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

bocca
Last post by tennino in General Discussion Groups on Jan 16, 2021 at 16:56:41

Towns in Frosinone that were part of former Vatican States a
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Feb 19, 2019 at 09:15:58

Dual Citizenship
Last post by Curci-Ghio in General Discussion Groups on Nov 18, 2018 at 15:30:54

Please Help Translate Letter
Last post by nuccia in Translations on Oct 20, 2018 at 06:18:43

Family in Cittanova
Last post by russojoseph1 in Translations on Oct 14, 2018 at 12:28:20

DNA Testing
Last post by nuccia in General Discussion Groups on Sep 29, 2018 at 10:39:30

Trento -Atto di Nascita - Frazione di Poia, Comune di Comano
Last post by exevans in Northern Italy on Mar 28, 2018 at 00:45:37

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:58:50

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:53:38

State of the Family Record & Other State Records
Last post by debbiemfit in Northern Italy on Jan 02, 2018 at 23:14:28

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › General › Resource Pages › Ancestry Access 3 months...

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
Ancestry Access 3 months...
Links to Useful Databases and Web Pages
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Resource Pages Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BonVal
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Ancestry Access 3 months... Reply with quote

Joe...we are in Melbourne on the east coast about an hour from Orlando.
Check out my blog for some organizing tips!

nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Ancestry Access 3 months... Reply with quote

I have JUST reorganized almost ALL my files at let me tell you..it makes one hell of a difference! And I also found, as an added bonus, that I have a maple coloured desk buried underneath all those documents! Now that I have a system in place there is no way I am letting it get that bad again. I actually found papers that had information I have been looking for forever. Had I kept organized I would never have wasted all that time repeating those searches. Oh .. a definite must...keep a research log of everything so you don't make the mistake I made. I actually "drafted" one up but I am not sure if it totally meets my needs yet.

Calabria Exchange
BonVal
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:40 am    Post subject: Re: Ancestry Access 3 months... Reply with quote

I so agree with you! I would never had any success without being organized...you end up chasing loose ends over and over otherwise. Let us see your sample research log when you finish it..I am trying to design one too but still missing bits.

Eleven
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Ancestry Access 3 months... Reply with quote

I have my 2 drawer file, loaded with papers...but, not the actual documents. Years ago, I bought two very thick, pretty, old world looking photo albums. I took out the pages, and bought archival quality sheet protectors (I think they are called). I bought two albums, one for hubbys family, one for mine. I divided both for mother and father sides. I put the documents that I copied from the fhl and those I sent for, in these protectors and typed a little slip of paper for each one, so that one could see at a glance (in english) what they were and who they were for.

If I had known, I would have bought my own archival quality paper, to stick in their printer, while printing. But, in those days, I never gave preserving them, a thought.
tjbrn
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Ancestry Access 3 months... Reply with quote

While I keep paper copies of documents filed away in folders by surname, I store the same documents with the genealogy software that I use. I scan all of the documents either as jpeg or PDF files. On documents written in Italian I include a translation of the document as a part of the PDF file. For example, all of the letters that were translated for me by the translators on this site are stored in PDF files with the image of the letter in Italian accompanied by the translation page by page.

Scribbling
JoeB
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Ancestry Access 3 months... Reply with quote

BillieDeKid wrote:
Hi Joe

Here is the link for the records that the LDS (church of the Latter Day Saints) has up with scanned records for census, ships manifests etc. It's still a work in progress but does the same thing that ancestry does only it's free.

search.labs.familysear...8315#start

You have to register to use (I believe).

If that link doesn't work try this one.

search.labs.familysearch.org

I have it bookmarked with my automatic log in info (first link) so it may not work.

Hi BilleDeKid,

I tried both links, it seems they want money to continue my search and view the image. Not sure I'm ready to invest before I know what I'll be looking at. Am I doing something wrong here?
Thanks, Joe B.

Also researching James Blackwell, Royal Regiment of Artillery in Ashton-Under-Lyne, County of Lancashire, England. b:1827 Macclesfield, County of Cheshire, England. d: About 1889 at Garden Island, Ontario, Canada.
BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Ancestry Access 3 months... Reply with quote

money????? It's through the LDS and it's free. Something isn't right.

Edit to add comment............

I was just on it Joe and I'm not getting anything about fee's or charges to continue (and I don't pay for the site)

Mangiardi, Tedeschi/Tedesco, Zangari, Coda, DeFrancesco, Ierulli, Bava, Daniele, Valente
JoeB
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Ancestry Access 3 months... Reply with quote

Your right. Something isn't right....it's me. I clicked on the the photo of an image (little green arrow embedded in it). That took me to "findmypast.com" which is a subscription service. Sorry about that. If the the image has a note next to it (Image Provided by FindMyPast) then it's not available as a freebie, otherwise, no problem. Seems like if it's been more than a few days since I've logged in to something I forget what I'm doing. My apologies...Joe B.

Also researching James Blackwell, Royal Regiment of Artillery in Ashton-Under-Lyne, County of Lancashire, England. b:1827 Macclesfield, County of Cheshire, England. d: About 1889 at Garden Island, Ontario, Canada.
BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Ancestry Access 3 months... Reply with quote

LOL no problem Joe!!! I'm just glad it's working for you now and no need to apologize (I'll just have nuccia *whap* you.....lol)

Mangiardi, Tedeschi/Tedesco, Zangari, Coda, DeFrancesco, Ierulli, Bava, Daniele, Valente
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Ancestry Access 3 months... Reply with quote

BillieDeKid wrote:
LOL no problem Joe!!! I'm just glad it's working for you now and no need to apologize (I'll just have nuccia *whap* you.....lol)
No whapping unil Friday! Wink Cool

JoeB
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Ancestry Access 3 months... Reply with quote

I'm hiding Friday. That's my Pub day, so if there's any whapping to be done bring the price of a pint along with you.

Also BTW...Just started doing Family Search Indexing. Very time consuming. Some of that stuff is pretty hard to read. Need thicker glasses.

Joe B.

nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: Ancestry Access 3 months... Reply with quote

JoeB wrote:

Also BTW...Just started doing Family Search Indexing. Very time consuming. Some of that stuff is pretty hard to read. Need thicker glasses.

Joe B.

Good for you Joe! Thats awesome. As for thicker glasses...my eyesight has changed so much since I started working on the computer that I have had to change my prescription 3 times in the last two years!

Keep us posted on how it's going.

Oh, and I did get your PM a while back. Sorry I didn't return one back but honestly, I have been ill for the last few weeks and have been in bed. Today I MAY TRY to catch up on things around here (but don't hold me to that..).

Calabria Exchange
JoeB
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Ancestry Access 3 months... Reply with quote

[quote="nuccia"]
JoeB wrote:

Oh, and I did get your PM a while back. Sorry I didn't return one back but honestly, I have been ill for the last few weeks and have been in bed. Today I MAY TRY to catch up on things around here (but don't hold me to that..).

That PM didn't require a response. Just a silly thing that a bottle Chianti caused me to think I had an epiphany. Just delete it. Hope your feeling better...Joe B.

JoeB
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Ancestry Access 3 months... Reply with quote

How about this little gem that I've missed for years... Marriage certificate for my Grandaddy Henry Walton (Walton is my middle name). Found this through the LDS Family Search site. Thanks Elizabeth and Cathy.

BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Ancestry Access 3 months... Reply with quote

AWESOME Joe!!!!

Page 3 of 4All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Resource Pages Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: