Toggle Content Main Menu
Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

bocca
Last post by tennino in General Discussion Groups on Jan 16, 2021 at 16:56:41

Towns in Frosinone that were part of former Vatican States a
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Feb 19, 2019 at 09:15:58

Dual Citizenship
Last post by Curci-Ghio in General Discussion Groups on Nov 18, 2018 at 15:30:54

Please Help Translate Letter
Last post by nuccia in Translations on Oct 20, 2018 at 06:18:43

Family in Cittanova
Last post by russojoseph1 in Translations on Oct 14, 2018 at 12:28:20

DNA Testing
Last post by nuccia in General Discussion Groups on Sep 29, 2018 at 10:39:30

Trento -Atto di Nascita - Frazione di Poia, Comune di Comano
Last post by exevans in Northern Italy on Mar 28, 2018 at 00:45:37

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:58:50

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:53:38

State of the Family Record & Other State Records
Last post by debbiemfit in Northern Italy on Jan 02, 2018 at 23:14:28

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › How Can I locate my Family in Italy › Northern Italy › Genoa

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
Genoa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Northern Italy Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
boozy.bird

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Genoa Reply with quote

Hi I am looking for any information about a Family called Lagorio/a. A girl born in 1871 called Louisa Angelina Caterina. Her fathers name was Francesco. I know that she had a brother named Pietro also known as David and a sister called Amelia. Part of the family settled in England the others in USA. I do not know if any others were left behind in Italy.
I think they may have originated from a small villiage called Pratti.
Can anyone help please. I would also be interested in any info on other families....Cassinelli,Rebori,Canapa.
Thank you
suanj
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Genoa Reply with quote

Hi, maybe the right spell of small village is Prati( one T) hamleth of Mezzanego town in Genova province, IT; I searched in the births of 1871 year and I found a:

LAGORIO Luigia Angela Caterina born the 29 Dec 1871 in Prati hamlet of Mezzanego, daughter of Francesco Lagorio( son of late Domenico) and of Teresa Ginocchio ( daughter of Pietro).
Here the birth act image( right page)

img141.imageshack.us/i...obirth.jpg
suanj
suanj
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Genoa Reply with quote

Amelia really born with name:
LAGORIO Angela Emilia Vittoria Chiara born the 2 Jan 1877, daughter of Francesco Lagorio and Teresa Ginocchio
birth act image( left page)

img521.imageshack.us/i...abirth.jpg
suanj
boozy.bird

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: Genoa Reply with quote

Thank you so so much Suanj, I can't thank you enough for your help with this..... I thought that I was never going to find them with such limited information....... Big Big thankyou.....If you have any tips or useful addresses for me so that I can trace this family futher please let me know. I need an address to send for birth & marriage documents for these people.
Would you know how to trace when they left Italy and where they settled in the USA. I know it's a lot to ask but any more information would be most welcome.
Once again thank you so much.
suanj
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: Genoa Reply with quote

boozy.bird wrote:
Thank you so so much Suanj, I can't thank you enough for your help with this..... I thought that I was never going to find them with such limited information....... Big Big thankyou.....If you have any tips or useful addresses for me so that I can trace this family futher please let me know. I need an address to send for birth & marriage documents for these people.
Would you know how to trace when they left Italy and where they settled in the USA. I know it's a lot to ask but any more information would be most welcome.
Once again thank you so much.
For Luigia( aka Louisa) Lagorio ( as a well for Amelia/Emilia) birth certificate you can send a email to this email address:
demografia @ comunemezzanego.it ( NO SPACES please)

or sending a regular mail to:

Servizi Demografici
Via Cap. Fr. Gandolfo, 115
16046 MEZZANEGO (GE)
ITALY
using this form letter:
www.circolocalabrese.o.../index.asp

if you can specify what you need more, maybe I can help better...
all the best,
suanj
boozy.bird

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Genoa Reply with quote

Again thank you so much Suanj you are truly an angel.
You asked what else I needed to know....the answer is everything. I have no information on this side of the family other than what I supplied in my original message. Now thanks to you I have a lot more & also a renewed hope in tracing my family.
I need to know if there are details of any other children of Francisco & Theresa,also any siblings of Francisco & Theresa, dates of bith/marriage & death of Francisco,theresa & thier parents & siblings & grandparents. I would also like to know more about where they lived if possible. As I said anything would be helpful.
I have recieved a death certificate for a man who I believe is a brother to Louisa & Amelia. It states his name is Pietro S Lagorio born in Italy 8 April 1886 & died in Sheffield Yorkshire England in Jan 1972. I don't know if this will help at all.
I would be very grateful for anything that you can help me with, again thank you so so much for the information that you have supplied me with.
suanj
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Genoa Reply with quote

boozy.bird wrote:
Again thank you so much Suanj you are truly an angel.
You asked what else I needed to know....the answer is everything. I have no information on this side of the family other than what I supplied in my original message. Now thanks to you I have a lot more & also a renewed hope in tracing my family.
I need to know if there are details of any other children of Francisco & Theresa,also any siblings of Francisco & Theresa, dates of bith/marriage & death of Francisco,theresa & thier parents & siblings & grandparents. I would also like to know more about where they lived if possible. As I said anything would be helpful.
I have recieved a death certificate for a man who I believe is a brother to Louisa & Amelia. It states his name is Pietro S Lagorio born in Italy 8 April 1886 & died in Sheffield Yorkshire England in Jan 1972. I don't know if this will help at all.
I would be very grateful for anything that you can help me with, again thank you so so much for the information that you have supplied me with.

Hi, the problem with Mezzanego civil records online ( By paid subscription in Ancestry.com; database: Genoa and La Spezia, Liguria, Italy, Civil Registration Records, 1866-1938; so any search can be made in this period time, but some year lacking) it is that the indexes are no available for all years, and so need of to make the search year by year, page by pageā€¦ and it is a bit long search..
However I found by your input:
LAGORIO Pietro Samuele born in Prati hamlet of Mezzanego on the 8 Apr 1886, son of Francesco 41 old, farmer and of Teresa Ginocchio.
Birth act:
img210.imageshack.us/i...obirth.jpg

Other son:
LAGORIO Giovanni Samuele born in Mezzanego on the 10 Jan 1880 son of Francesco 34 old, farmer and of Teresa Ginocchio 33 old.
Birth act:
img585.imageshack.us/i...ibirth.jpg

I searched in the marriageindex of 1866-7 years; in the marriage bann index of 1868 and 1870 marriage act and I no found Francesco and Teresa marriage; marriage acts of 1869 year: ditto.. so or they married in another Commune or married before of 1866..

Lagorio is not a surname of Mezzanego, I found that another Lagorio married in Mezzanego coming from Borzonasca; map:
maps.google.it/maps?hl...CBgQ8gEwAA

all the best,
suanj
boozy.bird

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Genoa Reply with quote

Thank you so much Suanj
I am so grateful to you.......many many thanks xx
  Page 1 of 1All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Northern Italy Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: