Toggle Content Main Menu
Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

bocca
Last post by tennino in General Discussion Groups on Jan 16, 2021 at 16:56:41

Towns in Frosinone that were part of former Vatican States a
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Feb 19, 2019 at 09:15:58

Dual Citizenship
Last post by Curci-Ghio in General Discussion Groups on Nov 18, 2018 at 15:30:54

Please Help Translate Letter
Last post by nuccia in Translations on Oct 20, 2018 at 06:18:43

Family in Cittanova
Last post by russojoseph1 in Translations on Oct 14, 2018 at 12:28:20

DNA Testing
Last post by nuccia in General Discussion Groups on Sep 29, 2018 at 10:39:30

Trento -Atto di Nascita - Frazione di Poia, Comune di Comano
Last post by exevans in Northern Italy on Mar 28, 2018 at 00:45:37

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:58:50

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:53:38

State of the Family Record & Other State Records
Last post by debbiemfit in Northern Italy on Jan 02, 2018 at 23:14:28

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › General › General Discussion Groups › Gente di Mare reunion in USA

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
Gente di Mare reunion in USA
Want to share something new or just have fun? You can do that here.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index General Discussion Groups Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Reply with quote

Well, it looks like this just may happen! I will try my best to make this. Mike since NY is your home turf, you will have to make sure any hotels we may book aren't in bad neighborhoods or anything. As far as work goes I coluld not make it past June 15th or so through July. That is our busiest time at work and they would never let me take vacation time then. May, early June and all of August are good as far as work goes. Is Ellis Island open to the public again?

ricbru
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Reply with quote

goganga wrote:
ricbru wrote:
I hope Biff, Gina, Lori, Simona will reply their opinion soon. I'm so thrilled, I'm floating on clouds, It looks like this dream is coming true.
What is the best month for everybody and for New York weather?

That could be okay for me.
I haven't problems to choose the month and the duration of the trip: my boss is very permissive!!! Rolling Eyes Mr. Green

Simi, maybe we can travel togheter in the same flight, if you don't mind.
We have plenty of time to organize everything.
I can not travel between the middle of june and the middle of september
ciao Riccardo Very Happy

HELP ME to find the ship manifest of 1902 to USA, about my GGFather Francesco Paolo BRUNO from Trapani (1860/1938)
ricbru
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Reply with quote

Cathy wrote:
Well, it looks like this just may happen! I will try my best to make this. Mike since NY is your home turf, you will have to make sure any hotels we may book aren't in bad neighborhoods or anything. As far as work goes I coluld not make it past June 15th or so through July. That is our busiest time at work and they would never let me take vacation time then. May, early June and all of August are good as far as work goes. Is Ellis Island open to the public again?

Cathy, you are just right, if I come to NY I also really want to go and visit Ellis Island, I can not go to NY and found it closed because I afford 8 hours by plane to get there, it is not easy for me
let us know,
bye Riccardo Very Happy

HELP ME to find the ship manifest of 1902 to USA, about my GGFather Francesco Paolo BRUNO from Trapani (1860/1938)
chanchisfea
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:52 am    Post subject: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Reply with quote

Riccardo, I think going after September would be the best time for everyone, since summers in the US. are just nasty anyways, LOL.

October would be awesome! Not terribly hot, and not freezing...yet!

Liz
ricbru
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:54 am    Post subject: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Reply with quote

chanchisfea wrote:
Riccardo, I think going after September would be the best time for everyone, since summers in the US. are just nasty anyways, LOL.

October would be awesome! Not terribly hot, and not freezing...yet!

Liz

I think you are just right
let's see what everybody think about that
ciao Riccardo Very Happy

goganga
Dev
Dev

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Reply with quote

ricbru wrote:
ciao Riccardo Very Happy

Certo!!!
As I'm very afraid to travel alone.... If I were not worried to fly alone, I already were in the USA or Canada now. Neutral

For me is okay also September/October 2007........... Rolling Eyes
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Reply with quote

Simy,
2008 not 2007 - next year. I's so glad you can come!! I'm sure Riccardo wil protect you!! Very Happy

goganga
Dev
Dev

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Reply with quote

Cathy, I know! I was kidding! Mr. Green
nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:32 am    Post subject: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Reply with quote

Cathy..you know Simy wants to get here as soon as she can! Mr. Green

Calabria Exchange
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Reply with quote

I know - you can't wait!! Maybe when your done in New York you can come to Chicago with me!! It's beautiful here in the fall with all the colors of the leaves changing.

Biff83
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Reply with quote

October would be the best month for me also. Besides visiting Ellis Island, maybe we'll be lucky enough to be in New York when one of the Italian neighborhoods is having a festa or maybe we could head to Arthur Avenue and spend a day in the bakeries, delis and restaurants there. Yum!!!

Biff
Carole
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Reply with quote

goganga wrote:
ricbru wrote:
ciao Riccardo Very Happy

Certo!!!
As I'm very afraid to travel alone.... If I were not worried to fly alone, I already were in the USA or Canada now. Neutral

For me is okay also September/October 2007........... Rolling Eyes

Come on Simy Smile ...Don't you ever travel by train or bus on your own? Bet you do!

So....when you get to the airport just pretend you're catching a train to Milano. Get on it and 'voila' problem solved. You just sit in the seat, but unlike the trains, you'll have someone serve you with a couple of meals. You can go to the bathroom - same as on a train - better than on a bus. The main difference is that you have to book ahead of the journey and you can't watch the driver!!!
LOL LOL

Su forza - coraggio!!!

Researching: EDMED, SAVILL, TYSON, NEWCOMBE, STAPLETON, GUNTER, STAPLES
If you think education is expensive -try ignorance!

>Expats in Italy<
Come and join 'Dork and Friends'! >New Blog<
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Reply with quote

Biff83 wrote:
October would be the best month for me also. Besides visiting Ellis Island, maybe we'll be lucky enough to be in New York when one of the Italian neighborhoods is having a festa or maybe we could head to Arthur Avenue and spend a day in the bakeries, delis and restaurants there. Yum!!!

Biff

Here's something about Little Italy:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/..._Manhattan
The feast of San Gennero is in September every year. Check it out here:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...an_Gennaro
Sound like a good time to me!

ricbru
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Reply with quote

Good Simona, I hope next year in September or October this dream will come true. I know in October there is the Colombus Day.
ciao Riccardo Very Happy

MikeSavoca91
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Gente di Mare reunion in USA Reply with quote

I would be happy to find some great places for everyone to see. It is really beautiful around here during that time of year. Gina, you have to come too, you know the city like I do so I need your help!! I can't wait Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green
  Page 2 of 7All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index General Discussion Groups Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: