Gentile ,Mammola, Calabria
Last post by nuccia in Southern Italy on Jul 20, 2017 at 07:52:30

looking for manifest of Sabato Pizzano changed to Pisano
Last post by DaveFerro in Southern Italy on Jul 19, 2017 at 21:29:46

Looking for Vincenzo Contrera
Last post by Biff83 in Southern Italy on Jul 10, 2017 at 23:36:16

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › How Can I locate my Family in Italy › Southern Italy › Tallarico Family

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
Tallarico Family

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Southern Italy Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KLittleford

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Tallarico Family Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm looking to find out more information on Giovanni Tallarico b. Oct. 12, 1872 in Contronei, Catanzaro, Calabria, Italy. I need to find out who his father and mother were?? His wife's name is Constance Neidhart born in New York, if that helps and has three children, Victor, Ernest and Phyllis. I found one brother, Franceso Tallarico, but can't locate his ancestors. I tried LDS.org but they didn't have any information on the family. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance Smile

Kathy
California
Biff83
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Tallarico Family Reply with quote

Hi Kathy and welcome to Gente!

I located a passport application which appears to be for Giovanni and wife Constance. It states he was born in Cotronei in Calabria.
Passport Application
Passport Photo

Will check to see what else I can find and post later.

Biff

"You live as long as you are remembered." -- Russian proverb
Biff83
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Tallarico Family Reply with quote

Possible Petition for Naturalization
Name: Giovanni Tallarico
Naturalization Date: 17 May 1905
Former Nationality: Italian
Birth Date: 12 Oct 1872
Arrival Port: New York
Arrival Date: 15 Nov 1898
Title and Location of Court: U S District Court, New York, NY
Volume: 140
Record Number: 497-B

Biff

chanchisfea
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Tallarico Family Reply with quote

In his 1898 ship manifest, he is traveling with another brother, named Michele (age 14)...

So, I checked for Michele/Mike Tallarico and found his Passport application, the witness for him was Constance Tallarico.

If I have this correct, this is the info contained in it:

According to the application the father's name is Alfonso Tallarico (already deceased by 1922)

Liz Cool

Transcripts for towns of Petrona' - San Vincenzo la Costa and Verzino, Italy Smile
chanchisfea
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Tallarico Family Reply with quote

Did a little more searching and found out Michele's full name: Michele/Mike Francesco Tallarico

Michele Tallarico - WWI Registration Card

Michele Tallarico - Passport Application

Michele Tallarico - Passport Application 2

Too bad these Tallaricos are not related to the Tallaricos I'm researching... *sigh*

Liz Cool

Transcripts for towns of Petrona' - San Vincenzo la Costa and Verzino, Italy Smile
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Tallarico Family Reply with quote

WOW great documents Biff and Liz! Welcome Kathy! I am so glad you joined us. I knew the wonderful people on this forum could help you! Let us know if you need more help!

BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Tallarico Family Reply with quote

I found something very interesting.............this Liv Tyler's (actress) Great grandfather. Liv's father is Steven Tyler (Lead singer for Aeorosmith) and Steven changed his last name from Tallarico to Tyler. Giovanni Tallarico is Stevens grandfather. Just thought this was interesting and here is the rest of the info

Ancestry of Liv Tyler

For more information on sources and notes on the families, check SOURCES below the table.

Ancestry of Liv Tyler
1 Liv Tyler, born Liv Rundgren, b. Portland, Cumberland, Maine, 1 July 1977
md.
2ND GENERATION (PARENTS)
2 Stephen Victor Tallarico aka Steve Tyler, b. New York City, New York, New York, 26 March 1948,
had an affair with
3 Beverle Lorence "Bebe" Buell, b. Portsmouth, Virginia, 14 July 1953
3RD GENERATION (GRANDPARENTS)
4 Victor A. Tallarico, b. Manhattan, New York, New York, 14 May 1916
md. Manhattan, New York, New York, 1945
5 Susan Blancha, b. Delaware County, Pennsylvania, 1925
6 ? Buell, b. Iowa
md. about 1951 (div. 1955)
7 Dorothea, Occupation: Founder of the Protocol School of Washington in Yarmouth, Maine
4TH GENERATION (GREAT-GRANDPARENTS)
8 Giovanni Tallarico, b. Contronei, Catanzaro, Calabria, Italy, about 1873, d. Manhattan, New York, New York, after 1930,
md. Manhattan, New York, New York, 1912
9 Constance Neidhart, b. Manhattan, New York, New York, 9 February 1886, d. Queens County, New York, August 1976
10 Felix Blancha, b. Poland, 10 May 1899, d. Burlington County, New Jersey, May 1987,
md.

SOURCES CONSULTED

This is a listing of any materials other than census, vital records, etc., that were consulted during the research of this tree.

CENSUS RECORDS

New York County, New York
Manhattan (New York City)
Assembly District 13
ED 31-866
sheet 20A
42 Moylan Place (appears to be apartments)
Giovanni Tallarico age 57 b. Italy Age at first marriage 37 Parents b. Italy Language spoken before coming to US Italian Immigration 1898 (Naturalized) Occupation Orchestra musician
Constance Tallarico age 44 b. New York Age at first marriage 24 Parents b. Germany Occupation Music teacher
Victor Tallarico age 13 b. New York
Ernest Tallarico age 12 b. New York

Delaware County, Pennsylvania
Haverford Township (part of)
ED 23-76
sheet 9A
110 Fairland Ave.
Felix Blancha age 30 b. Poland Age at first marriage 24 Parents b. Poland Language spoken before coming to US Polish Immigration 1915 (Naturalized) Occupation Tool maker Electric(?) Co.
Bessie Blancha age 23 b. New York Age at first marriage 17 Parents b. New York
Susan Blancha age 4 b. Pennsylvania
Erwin Blancha age 2 b. Pennsylvania
Sonya Blancha age 0/12 b. Pennsylvania

Edit to add comment...............I think the spelling of the comune is Cotronei......Biff what do you think of the spelling?

Mangiardi, Tedeschi/Tedesco, Zangari, Coda, DeFrancesco, Ierulli, Bava, Daniele, Valente

Last edited by BillieDeKid on Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Biff83
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Tallarico Family Reply with quote

Liz and Elizabeth,

Great finds, ladies!!

Looks like the Tallarico's were heavy into the music scene with Great Grandpa Giovanni a musician, Great Grandma a music teacher. Wonder what Grandpa and Dad did for a living?

Biff

Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Tallarico Family Reply with quote

You are correct Elizabeth! Nuccia posted something about this on IG a year or 2 ago. You can read the thread here:
italiangenealogy.tardi...smith.html

Biff83
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Tallarico Family Reply with quote

From the IGG Bride and Groom Index

Surname/FirstName/Date of Marriage/Cert#/Borough

Neidhart Constance Feb 9 1910 3512 Manhattan
Tollarico Giovanni Feb 9 1910 Manhattan 3512

Year of marriage differs from the info Elizabeth posted.

Biff

BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Tallarico Family Reply with quote

If you want to go further back, here is the link for LDS microfilms for Cotronei............
www.familysearch.org/e...o+civile++

The films include, birth acts, deaths, marriages etc. starting 1809. First find a Family History Center (FHC) near you...........here is the link............
www.familysearch.org/e...et_fhc.asp

Write down all the film numbers you would like and go to your FHC to order. Each films costs about $5.50 USD to rent and it takes about 4 weeks for the films to come in.

Let us know if you have any questions or need help with the films.

Elizabeth

Mangiardi, Tedeschi/Tedesco, Zangari, Coda, DeFrancesco, Ierulli, Bava, Daniele, Valente
Biff83
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Tallarico Family Reply with quote

Elizabeth,

I agree Cotronei, currently in the province Crotone but previously in Catanzaro.

Biff

BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Tallarico Family Reply with quote

Hey Cathy I just checked out the thread you posted. Listen to Eros Ramazatti.....La Nostra.................yowsers!!! Keep him in mind for my 2008 Christmas present from you guys!!! Just put a bow on him and stick him under my tree!! ha ha

chanchisfea
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Tallarico Family Reply with quote

I knew I had seen that Giovanni Tallarico somewhere else!!! Wink

With all the Tallaricos I've encountered during my searches, no wonder I forgot that I had seen Steven Tyler's family tree (well, part of his family tree...)

Now I'm definitely sorry that my husband's Tallarico ancestors do not seem to be related to Steven Tylers'... it would have been pretty cool to tell my husband that the Aerosmith lead man was a relative of his Mr. Green

Liz Cool

Biff83
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Tallarico Family Reply with quote

Looks like there was another brother to Giovanni and Michele Francesco--Pasquale Tallarico although I've been unable to locate a manifest. Pasquale was a pianist and a composer. Giovanni a cellist.

Do a seach for "Pasquale Tallarico"
New York Times Archive

Biff

Page 1 of 3All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Southern Italy Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: