Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

Ambrogio Bianchi Birth Certificate - Rome/Ferentino
Last post by debbiemfit in Where do I begin? on Oct 14, 2017 at 15:28:01

Cardano al Campo, Italy
Last post by Seabreezes1 in Northern Italy on Oct 13, 2017 at 21:58:14

Muscatello
Last post by Biff83 in Southern Italy on Oct 11, 2017 at 15:22:57

Motta San Giovanni / Valanidi questions: please help!
Last post by PrimoMattino in Southern Italy on Oct 03, 2017 at 17:32:46

Motta San Giovanni / Valanidi questions: please help!
Last post by Italysearcher in Where do I begin? on Sep 24, 2017 at 18:25:31

Bastianelli Sant Elia Fiumerapido or Altina
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Sep 23, 2017 at 18:29:38

RESEACHING LUCIA NAPOLI DELIANOUVA
Last post by nuccia in Where do I begin? on Sep 22, 2017 at 06:13:48

Surname Serafini from Barga
Last post by Libby in Northern Italy on Sep 04, 2017 at 03:47:22

Sant'Elia Fiumerapido - De Filippis
Last post by Marchpatty in Central Italy on Aug 24, 2017 at 23:45:06

PUGLIESE OR VALEO
Last post by Biff83 in Central Italy on Aug 05, 2017 at 20:14:08

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › How Can I locate my Family in Italy › Southern Italy › San Fili, Cosenza

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
San Fili, Cosenza

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Southern Italy Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lukebean
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: San Fili, Cosenza Reply with quote

Hello.
I'm trying to obtain my grandfather's birth certificate, circa 1881, from San Fili. Does anyone have any knowledge/experience dealing with this town/comune?
Thanks!
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: San Fili, Cosenza Reply with quote

We had a poster not too long ago who has been waiting on a record from this comune since October I beleive. I got an email from them that stated they were still waiting a month or 2 ago. I have records from this comune on order at my family history center. What years and surnames are you looking for?

lukebean
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: San Fili, Cosenza Reply with quote

Hi Cathy;

I beleive my grandfather, Ciro Guido, was born in San Fili February 8, 1881.

Thanks!
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: San Fili, Cosenza Reply with quote

Well, Nuccia has the comune address and I'm sure she will post that later. In the mean time you should write a letter to the comune asking for a copy of the integral birth act. If you are seeking Italian citizenship this is what you will be required to provide. If you are not, you can obtain a copy from the LDS microfilm collection either by ordering the microfilm or the single record. If you are interested in that let me know and I will explain. Once you have composed your letter to San Fili, if you need a translation into Italian, post it on the translation board. Make sure to include a copy of a photo ID since some towns require it.
If we can be of further assistance let us know. I have a film coming in from San Fili....1860-1865 records.

lukebean
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: San Fili, Cosenza Reply with quote

Cathy;
Thanks - I'm trying to obtain dual citizenship, so I'll need to write a letter. I'm not sure what I'm asking for - my g'father's b'cert, or a copy of the integral birth act? And what is that?
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: San Fili, Cosenza Reply with quote

The integral birth act is what you need for citizenship because it contains more information. The integral birth act contains date, time, place of birth, baby's complete name and parents names, occupations and ages (sometimes the mother's age is not listed). A birth certificate only contains the baby's name and date of birth - no information on the parents is provided. For more info go to my web page here: www.montaltouffugo.net...birth.html
Here is a copy of an actual birth act from 1856: www.mofrad.net/Montalt.../scan1.jpg
Here is my grandfather's from the 1890's: i163.photobucket.com/a...father.jpg
You can see the forms changed but the basic information is the same for the birth acts.
By the way, my grandfather came from the town next door to San Fili (Montalto Uffugo). Many of his cousins ended up in San Fili. The people of this portion of Cosenza Province moved around a bit in the area.

BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: San Fili, Cosenza Reply with quote

Hi lukebean......I don't think I've seen you post before so...........I'd like to welcome you to Gente!!

Mangiardi, Tedeschi/Tedesco, Zangari, Coda, DeFrancesco, Ierulli, Bava, Daniele, Valente
lukebean
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: San Fili, Cosenza Reply with quote

Cathy;

Again, thanks. I realize I have a lot to learn and do in order to obtain dual citizenship. While I was reading your explanation of the integral birth act, (what a name!), I realized that I know nothing about my great grandparents. I want to think that I asked my dad about them, (I never met my grandfather - he died in '45 and I came along in '49), and I think he said he didn't know, that he never asked. It seems like the Italians really left the 'old country' behind!

BTW - I'm assuming that you're a Napolitano - I know one here in Tampa - Bobby Nap. He's originally from Rhode island, I think. i like him mainly because he's the only guy in the bar we frequent that's shorter than me!

Thanks again for your help and advice, I look forward to learning more about the process in the near future.

Doug
lukebean
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: San Fili, Cosenza Reply with quote

Hi Billie! Thanks, I really appreciate the help I've received on this site.
nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: San Fili, Cosenza Reply with quote

Hi Doug..

What I would request for dual citizenship is:

L'estratto dell'atto di nascita in formato plurilingue
and
L'attrestazione di cittadinazza italiano progressa

for the person. So, you would need one for I believe for both your grandparents (but you may need it just for your grandfather..hoping Riccardo can confirm this). There are a few other documents you will need to get as well but I need to look to make sure I tell you the correct ones before I post them.

Calabria Exchange
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: San Fili, Cosenza Reply with quote

lukebean wrote:
Cathy;

Again, thanks. I realize I have a lot to learn and do in order to obtain dual citizenship. While I was reading your explanation of the integral birth act, (what a name!), I realized that I know nothing about my great grandparents. I want to think that I asked my dad about them, (I never met my grandfather - he died in '45 and I came along in '49), and I think he said he didn't know, that he never asked. It seems like the Italians really left the 'old country' behind!

BTW - I'm assuming that you're a Napolitano - I know one here in Tampa - Bobby Nap. He's originally from Rhode island, I think. i like him mainly because he's the only guy in the bar we frequent that's shorter than me!

Thanks again for your help and advice, I look forward to learning more about the process in the near future.

Doug

I am a Napolitano! There was a number of people from Montalto Uffugo who emmigrated to Rhode Island. If you would be so kind, can you please ask him where his family came from? I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

lukebean
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: San Fili, Cosenza Reply with quote

nuccia wrote:
Hi Doug..

What I would request for dual citizenship is:

L'estratto dell'atto di nascita in formato plurilingue
and
L'attrestazione di cittadinazza italiano progressa

for the person. So, you would need one for I believe for both your grandparents (but you may need it just for your grandfather..hoping Riccardo can confirm this). There are a few other documents you will need to get as well but I need to look to make sure I tell you the correct ones before I post them.

Hello Nuccia;

Thank you for your reply. I do know a few things about the requirements for dual citizenship, to wit:
1. Italian citizen who emigrated to the US's birth certificate, (in my case, my grandfather), or as Cathy has told me, the integral birth act;
2. My father's birth certifiacte, (Michigan);
3. My birth certificate, (also Michigan);
4. My grandfather's Naturalization papers;
5. My grandfather's marriage certificate, (MI);
6. His death certificate, (MI);
7. In my case, my father's death certifiacte, (Virginia);
8. My marriage certifiacte, (MI);
9. My divorce decree, (Florida).

All but #'s 1 and 4 need to be Apostille.

I have #'s 4, 5 and 6 in my possession, and have ordered Apostilles of #'s 2, 3, 7 and 8; obtaining #9 shouldn't be a problem as I live in Tampa. It's #1 that concern's me, but with y'alls help, I'm confident I'll soon be hot on the it's trail!

Thanks again - I really appreciate all the help!

Doug
lukebean
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: San Fili, Cosenza Reply with quote

Cathy;

I sent the midget, I mean Bobby, an email with your request and will forward his answer to you as soon as I get it.

Doug
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: San Fili, Cosenza Reply with quote

Thanks!
San Fili

nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: San Fili, Cosenza Reply with quote

Hey Doug..

Perhaps you're right. I am also applying for dual citizenship through my mom and Riccardo has been helping me (this is his specialty) and those are the records he told me to get so I did. Of course, you're situation may be different than mine but to be on the safe safe, I'll send him an email and get his opinion.

Hope you don't mind... Smile

Calabria Exchange
  Page 1 of 4All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Southern Italy Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: