Toggle Content Main Menu
Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

bocca
Last post by tennino in General Discussion Groups on Jan 16, 2021 at 16:56:41

Towns in Frosinone that were part of former Vatican States a
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Feb 19, 2019 at 09:15:58

Dual Citizenship
Last post by Curci-Ghio in General Discussion Groups on Nov 18, 2018 at 15:30:54

Please Help Translate Letter
Last post by nuccia in Translations on Oct 20, 2018 at 06:18:43

Family in Cittanova
Last post by russojoseph1 in Translations on Oct 14, 2018 at 12:28:20

DNA Testing
Last post by nuccia in General Discussion Groups on Sep 29, 2018 at 10:39:30

Trento -Atto di Nascita - Frazione di Poia, Comune di Comano
Last post by exevans in Northern Italy on Mar 28, 2018 at 00:45:37

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:58:50

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:53:38

State of the Family Record & Other State Records
Last post by debbiemfit in Northern Italy on Jan 02, 2018 at 23:14:28

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › All Things Italian › Translations › Records from Salaparuta for Ugo and Accardo - please help!

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
Records from Salaparuta for Ugo and Accardo - please help!
For help with translating documents or writing letters.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Translations Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnlabarbera
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Records from Salaparuta for Ugo and Accardo - please help! Reply with quote

I found these records and would like your help with them if possible....

Page 1

In 1846 this Accardo was born. The name on the birth record is defintely not Giuseppe (Giralamo?) I know. But could this name also mean Joseph? If not what does it mean in English version?

Page 2

Same document as above just zoomed out.

Page 3

1849 Index showing a Giuseppe Accardo as record 87, looks like he is a twin, is that what the annotation says? Also, are the parents Girolamo and Rosa Zummo? What is the name of the twin?

Page 4

The birth record of my gg grandmother Giuseppa Bruno, can you tell me the important data?

Page 5

The birth entry (there was no individual record) for Vittorio Ugo, can you tell me what the birth date is? The year is 1846 according to the microfilm index. Also what do the annotations say? He seems to be an orphan? I wonder how this happens back then? Do the parents leave them behind?

Page 6

Birth record for Giuseppe Accardo 1849, can you give me the important info on this one?

Page 7

Birth record for Giuseppe Accardo sister, can you give me important info on this one?

Page 8

Birth index for Giuseppa Bruno's little brother

Page 9

Birth record for Giuseppa Bruno litlle brother, can you give me the important info?

Luca
Translator
Translator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Records from Salaparuta for Ugo and Accardo - please help! Reply with quote

johnlabarbera wrote:
I found these records and would like your help with them if possible....

Page 1

In 1846 this Accardo was born. The name on the birth record is defintely not Giuseppe (Giralamo?) I know. But could this name also mean Joseph? If not what does it mean in English version?

Girolamo not at all Joseph.
Carole
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Records from Salaparuta for Ugo and Accardo - please hel Reply with quote

You might find this link useful John...
>ITALIAN NAMES<

and I'm sorry but the writing was far too pale on the documents for me to be able to read or understand it..

Researching: EDMED, SAVILL, TYSON, NEWCOMBE, STAPLETON, GUNTER, STAPLES
If you think education is expensive -try ignorance!

>Expats in Italy<
Come and join 'Dork and Friends'! >New Blog<
Luca
Translator
Translator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Records from Salaparuta for Ugo and Accardo - please help! Reply with quote

johnlabarbera wrote:
Page 3
1849 Index showing a Giuseppe Accardo as record 87, looks like he is a twin, is that what the annotation says? Also, are the parents Girolamo and Rosa Zummo? What is the name of the twin?
?

Page 4
The birth record of my gg grandmother Giuseppa Bruno, can you tell me the important data?
Born 28(or 29).6.1848
Bapt. 30.6.1848

Page 5
The birth entry (there was no individual record) for Vittorio Ugo, can you tell me what the birth date is? The year is 1846 according to the microfilm index. Also what do the annotations say? He seems to be an orphan? I wonder how this happens back then? Do the parents leave them behind?
29 Giugno. Parents unknown.

liviomoreno
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Records from Salaparuta for Ugo and Accardo - please hel Reply with quote

Page 9

The name of the baby was cut out by the scanning, however, according to the right side of the document, which is related to the baptism, the name is Leonardo.

Son of Leonardo Bruno and Nunzia Roppulo(?), b. Nov. 2, 1850

Luca
Translator
Translator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Records from Salaparuta for Ugo and Accardo - please help! Reply with quote

Page 6
Birth record for Giuseppe Accardo 1849, can you give me the important info on this one?
Date of the act: 3 Settembre 1849
Father: Girolamo Accardo, age 30, shoemaker
Mother: Rosa Zummo, age 32,
Born: 2 Settembre 1849
Bapt.: 3 Settembre 1849

Page 7
Birth record for Giuseppe Accardo brother, can you give me important info on this one?
Date of the act: 6 Gennaio 1851
Father: Girolamo Accardo, age 33, shoemaker
Mother: Rosa Zummo, age 34,
Born: 6 Gennaio 1851
Bapt.: 3 Settembre 1849
Name: Michele Accardo

Luca
Luca
Translator
Translator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Records from Salaparuta for Ugo and Accardo - please hel Reply with quote

liviomoreno wrote:
Page 9

The name of the baby was cut out by the scanning, however, according to the right side of the document, which is related to the baptism, the name is Leonardo.

Livio ha ragione, ma certo che è strano che il figlio abbia lo stesso nome del padre. Sarebbe meglio controllare anche la parte tagliata dalla scansione.
Carole
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Records from Salaparuta for Ugo and Accardo - please hel Reply with quote

Luca wrote:
liviomoreno wrote:
Page 9

Livio ha ragione, ma certo che è strano che il figlio abbia lo stesso nome del padre. Sarebbe meglio controllare anche la parte tagliata dalla scansione.

Livio is right, it certainly is strange that the son has the same name as his father. It wouuld be better to also check the missing part of the scan.

>Expats in Italy<
johnlabarbera
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Records from Salaparuta for Ugo and Accardo - please help! Reply with quote

THANKS ALL...great teamwork! Yes the Bruno baby is named after his father, so he is likely not the first born, I did not look that hard yet for all the Bruno siblings. So do you think the baby Ugo was born and abandoned by his parents at birth?
Luca
Translator
Translator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Records from Salaparuta for Ugo and Accardo - please help! Reply with quote

johnlabarbera wrote:
... So do you think the baby Ugo was born and abandoned by his parents at birth?

Si, penso sia andata proprio così.
Carole
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Records from Salaparuta for Ugo and Accardo - please hel Reply with quote

Luca wrote:
johnlabarbera wrote:
... So do you think the baby Ugo was born and abandoned by his parents at birth?

Si, penso sia andata proprio così.

Yes, I think that's just how it went.

>Expats in Italy<
liviomoreno
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Records from Salaparuta for Ugo and Accardo - please hel Reply with quote

johnlabarbera wrote:
...The name on the birth record is defintely not Giuseppe (Giralamo?) I know. But could this name also mean Joseph? If not what does it mean in English version?...

Gerolamo = Jerome

JamesBianco
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Records from Salaparuta for Ugo and Accardo - please hel Reply with quote

liviomoreno wrote:

Gerolamo = Jerome

I notice some Italians spell it Gerolamo like you have, yet on all civil Stato records I have ever seen it is Girolamo.

liviomoreno
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Records from Salaparuta for Ugo and Accardo - please hel Reply with quote

JamesBianco wrote:
liviomoreno wrote:

Gerolamo = Jerome

I notice some Italians spell it Gerolamo like you have, yet on all civil Stato records I have ever seen it is Girolamo.
Both spellings are correct.

Page 1 of 1All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Translations Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: