Toggle Content Main Menu
Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

bocca
Last post by tennino in General Discussion Groups on Jan 16, 2021 at 16:56:41

Towns in Frosinone that were part of former Vatican States a
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Feb 19, 2019 at 09:15:58

Dual Citizenship
Last post by Curci-Ghio in General Discussion Groups on Nov 18, 2018 at 15:30:54

Please Help Translate Letter
Last post by nuccia in Translations on Oct 20, 2018 at 06:18:43

Family in Cittanova
Last post by russojoseph1 in Translations on Oct 14, 2018 at 12:28:20

DNA Testing
Last post by nuccia in General Discussion Groups on Sep 29, 2018 at 10:39:30

Trento -Atto di Nascita - Frazione di Poia, Comune di Comano
Last post by exevans in Northern Italy on Mar 28, 2018 at 00:45:37

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:58:50

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:53:38

State of the Family Record & Other State Records
Last post by debbiemfit in Northern Italy on Jan 02, 2018 at 23:14:28

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › How Can I locate my Family in Italy › Northern Italy › Commune di Pieve di Cadore?

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
Commune di Pieve di Cadore?

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Northern Italy Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

Joe, is that your tree? I can't view it because I no longer have ancestry Sad

Calabria Exchange
JoeB
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

That's it. I'm not a member either, but I could upload it. Do you have to be a member to look at it? That's bad news. Is there some other way to create an online tree similar to yours or James'? I think Ancestry is just a little too expensive and if you have to be a member to view someone's tree, then I'm going to remove mine.

Also researching James Blackwell, Royal Regiment of Artillery in Ashton-Under-Lyne, County of Lancashire, England. b:1827 Macclesfield, County of Cheshire, England. d: About 1889 at Garden Island, Ontario, Canada.
JamesBianco
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

JoeB wrote:
Hmmm, is this it?

trees.ancestry.com/fhs...id=9459166

Just checking.... Joe B.

Joe, I think you missed my link before so I am posting it again here. This will show you up to 9 generations of ancestors for your Giuseppina including the two I named above that we have in common. I suspect you might not have traced all your lines back as far as you can on that website.

Here is the link... click below on her name, it is slow loading but SO much info! There are so many names you will have to scroll up and down to see them all.

Giuseppina DelFavero De Maso

JoeB
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

JamesBianco wrote:
JoeB wrote:
Hmmm, is this it?

trees.ancestry.com/fhs...id=9459166

Just checking.... Joe B.

Joe, I think you missed my link before so I am posting it again here. This will show you up to 9 generations of ancestors for your Giuseppina including the two I named above that we have in common. I suspect you might not have traced all your lines back as far as you can on that website.

Here is the link... click below on her name, it is slow loading but SO much info! There are so many names you will have to scroll up and down to see them all.

Giuseppina DelFavero De Maso

Yes, I need to go through the Piccioli site more thoroughly. I shall begin. Then we will be able to determine our exact relationship. BTW, were you able to view my Ancestry Tree? I'm kind of clumsey with this upload stuff. Joe

Also researching James Blackwell, Royal Regiment of Artillery in Ashton-Under-Lyne, County of Lancashire, England. b:1827 Macclesfield, County of Cheshire, England. d: About 1889 at Garden Island, Ontario, Canada.
JoeB
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

James, OK I have found Giacomo and Giovanni Marinello, B: 30 Oct 1674 and 1680 respectively. I have printed pages and pages of data from Piccioli's site. I will now begin filling in the blanks in my Family Tree. I will also get the descendant lists for said brothers. That will be interesting. Thanks once more for your help. My head hurts, I need to take a break. I haven't worked so hard in years... Joe

nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

For your headache, Joe...

Calabria Exchange
Carole
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

Forget the Tylenol - these (from Alto Adige) will do you much much more good...

Researching: EDMED, SAVILL, TYSON, NEWCOMBE, STAPLETON, GUNTER, STAPLES
If you think education is expensive -try ignorance!

>Expats in Italy<
Come and join 'Dork and Friends'! >New Blog<
JoeB
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

JoeB wrote:
James, OK I have found Giacomo and Giovanni Marinello, B: 30 Oct 1674 and 1680 respectively. I have printed pages and pages of data from Piccioli's site. I will now begin filling in the blanks in my Family Tree. I will also get the descendant lists for said brothers. That will be interesting. Thanks once more for your help. My head hurts, I need to take a break. I haven't worked so hard in years... Joe

OK, the headache is now cured. I have included up to and including Giovanni Marinello (the son b:1680) in my tree. Many more to go but I can now determine that my wife is his 6th Great Grandaughter, so you must be his brother Giacomo's 6th Great Grandson. My question now is, what does that make you and my wife? Cousins 12 times removed? I'm getting my headache back...Joe

JoeB
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

Does this work when trying to see my Ancestry Tree?

trees.ancestry.com/fhs...=&msg=rsvp

It seems to work when I email it to myself..

Joe B.

JoeB
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

Also, how do you type a line of informative text yet have it contain s URL address? I've tried, but ...no luck...
Everyone else does it all the time....hmmmm...

liviomoreno
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

JoeB wrote:
Also, how do you type a line of informative text yet have it contain s URL address? I've tried, but ...no luck...
Everyone else does it all the time....hmmmm...

Joe, highlight the text that you want to contain the URL address, then click the icon and type (or better copy-past) the URL

JoeB
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

Carole wrote:
Hi Joe,
Well the problem is solved regarding your letter to the Ufficio Anagrafe at Pieve di Cadore.

I've just come off the phone with the Registrar and he said they did receive your request and they replied via your e-mail (which was on your letterhead) on the 11 November 2008. I said it was quite possible then that it had gone into your spam box and had inadvertently been deleted... he was so upset and said he thought that would be the best/quickest way for you to get your document(s). He said to tell you "Sorry!"

So I have arranged for him to send the e-mail again today
AND
he will send you the paperwork you asked for via normal post as well..

So one way or another you should get what you need now.
Hope that's OK for you... So keep an eye on ALL your e-mails today!

Hi Carole, The letter has arrived! Very Happy It appears to be full of interesting names and dates and I get this warm feeling that it is exactly what I have been looking for. However, not being able to read the letter is a slight drawback. I am wondering (once again) if you may be of some help in translating for the document? Joe

Carole
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

Great news, Very Happy

Translating it now Joe... giornale

Back shortly!

Carole

>Expats in Italy<
Carole
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

Subject: Request for historical information on Francesco Romano DE MASO

With reference to your request of 3.11.2008 regarding the subject, we wish to advise you of the following from the search of our Registers.

DE MASO Francesco Romano (nickname Pitus) born on 29.12.1866 in Pieve di Cadore (Nebbiù quarter), married on 21.1.1886* to DEL FAVERO Giuseppina born 19.11.1871 in Pieve di Cadore was the son of DE MASO Luigi born on 13.08.1828 in Pieve di Cadore (Nebbiù quarter), and died on 07.02.1882 and of DE LORENZO Irene born on 02.10.1829 Pieve di Cadore (Nebbiù quarter) died on 23.12.1906.

1. DE MASO Luigi Francesco born on09.10.1896 Pieve di Cadore (Nebbiù quarter)
2. DE MASO Emilia Caterina born on 02.10.1899 in Yolirt (Chicago)
3. DE MASO Battista Annibale born on 06.08.1902 in S. Pietro Roch (New York)

DE MASO Achille Federico, born on 14.10.1864 in Pieve di Cadore (Nebbiù quarter) brother of Francesco Romano, married on 1°.02.1894** to DE MASO Caterina Elisabetta born on 03.091863 in Pieve di Cadore (Nebbiù quarter) is shown to have family still resident in this Comune, they are:
Porta Franceso and Porta Maria

Other brothers of your grandfather Francesco Romano. DE MASO Francesca Odorica born on 07.01.1859 in Pieve di Cadore (Nebbiù quarter), and DE MASO Angela born on 03.07.1861 in Pieve di Cadore (Nebbiù quarter), are shown to have emigrated to the neighbouring Comune of Valle di Cadore, (where you can request further information if you wish – fax 0435 519075) on the 04.07.1882 and 07.02.1893 respectively.

The birth certificate of DE MASO Francesco Romano born on 29.122.1866 you must ask for this from the
Parroco di Pieve di Cadore,
Mons. Renzo Marinello,
Piazza Tiziano n. 41,
Pieve di Cadore (BL)

N.B:
* 1886 – this is mistyped as 1986
** 1°.02.1894 – this might mean 1st February or the ° may be a mistype of another number.

>Expats in Italy<
JoeB
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

Carole, Thank you so much. We can't believe that we now have a family for Francesco Romano DeMaso, all because of your efforts. I can't wait to add these new relatives to my family tree. And then... I can begin tracking down their ancestors. Yes, I can hear you screaming... "oh no."

Again, thank you,
Joe B.

Page 4 of 8All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Northern Italy Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: