Toggle Content Main Menu
Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

bocca
Last post by tennino in General Discussion Groups on Jan 16, 2021 at 16:56:41

Towns in Frosinone that were part of former Vatican States a
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Feb 19, 2019 at 09:15:58

Dual Citizenship
Last post by Curci-Ghio in General Discussion Groups on Nov 18, 2018 at 15:30:54

Please Help Translate Letter
Last post by nuccia in Translations on Oct 20, 2018 at 06:18:43

Family in Cittanova
Last post by russojoseph1 in Translations on Oct 14, 2018 at 12:28:20

DNA Testing
Last post by nuccia in General Discussion Groups on Sep 29, 2018 at 10:39:30

Trento -Atto di Nascita - Frazione di Poia, Comune di Comano
Last post by exevans in Northern Italy on Mar 28, 2018 at 00:45:37

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:58:50

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:53:38

State of the Family Record & Other State Records
Last post by debbiemfit in Northern Italy on Jan 02, 2018 at 23:14:28

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › How Can I locate my Family in Italy › Northern Italy › Commune di Pieve di Cadore?

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
Commune di Pieve di Cadore?

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Northern Italy Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

JoeB wrote:
Carole, one more favor...God I feel so stupid. Would translate Roberto's words?

Thanks, Joe
OMG Joe...why would you feel stupid?!! Have you seen some of my posts? Shocked We are all here to learn. kiss
It looks like you and your son had lots of fun! I wonder if I ever saw you?

JoeB
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

Cathy,

Probably not. We never made the big time. Did mostly church functions and back yard BBQs. The only pay we ever received was food and drinks. Usually never got invited back after they learned how much we (the adults) could drink. Smile

Also researching James Blackwell, Royal Regiment of Artillery in Ashton-Under-Lyne, County of Lancashire, England. b:1827 Macclesfield, County of Cheshire, England. d: About 1889 at Garden Island, Ontario, Canada.
JoeB
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

Carole wrote:
JoeB wrote:
Carole, Thank you so much. We can't believe that we now have a family for Francesco Romano DeMaso, all because of your efforts. I can't wait to add these new relatives to my family tree. And then... I can begin tracking down their ancestors. Yes, I can hear you screaming... "oh no."

Again, thank you,
Joe B.

Isn't it great Joe? And two still living in the same area...

But if you hear any yelling from me over here, it won't be to say "Oh no!", but

OH YES!!

Translation:
YIPPEE.....
!

Hi Carole,
Regarding the two DeMaso's still living in the Pieve commune; Porta Francesco and Porta Maria? Is Porta a surname, or nickname? Would their current surnames be DeMaso also? I looked up Porta in google, it says it's a door? Joe

Also researching James Blackwell, Royal Regiment of Artillery in Ashton-Under-Lyne, County of Lancashire, England. b:1827 Macclesfield, County of Cheshire, England. d: About 1889 at Garden Island, Ontario, Canada.
Carole
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

No Porta is their surname...

It is possible that a De Maso daughter married a man named Porta and Porta Maria was one of the children of that marriage and Porta Francesco may be the son of the same marriage.

Don't forget the female offspring carry the paternal surname forward - NOT the maternal one. So the mother of these two could be the direct De Maso line...

Here are their phone listings:
>Porta Family Pieve di Cadore>

Wan't me to give it a go?

If you do - send me a PM about what you want to ask - or get yourself onto Skype and YOU can call and I'll interpret for you on a three way call!

Nuccia and I do three and four way calls all the time and it would answer some of your questions straight away!

Researching: EDMED, SAVILL, TYSON, NEWCOMBE, STAPLETON, GUNTER, STAPLES
If you think education is expensive -try ignorance!

>Expats in Italy<
Come and join 'Dork and Friends'! >New Blog<
JoeB
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

Carole wrote:
No Porta is their surname...

It is possible that a De Maso daughter married a man named Porta and Porta Maria was one of the children of that marriage and Porta Francesco may be the son of the same marriage.

Don't forget the female offspring carry the paternal surname forward - NOT the maternal one. So the mother of these two could be the direct De Maso line...

Here are their phone listings:
>Porta Family Pieve di Cadore>

Wan't me to give it a go?

If you do - send me a PM about what you want to ask - or get yourself onto Skype and YOU can call and I'll interpret for you on a three way call!

Nuccia and I do three and four way calls all the time and it would answer some of your questions straight away!

You and Nuccia are amazing. That's a big technical leap for me. Let me join Skype and then take it from there. 3 and 4 way calling with interpreters, I would get nervous. Maybe a letter to the Portas first. Once I get my stamps for their response. Thanks for the offer however. BTW, never heard of Skypes before joining Gente. Joe

nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

Oh I love Skype. That's how Simy and I first started talking..and Riccardo too with Carole at one point to interpret for me and Simy.

And then with Jim, and Cathy. I even call my relatives in Italy on their house phone and talk for 10 minutes and only pay about 50 cents! You must try it..and we speak English so you wouldn't need an interpreter with us! lol

Calabria Exchange
JoeB
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

nuccia wrote:
Oh I love Skype. That's how Simy and I first started talking..and Riccardo too with Carole at one point to interpret for me and Simy.

And then with Jim, and Cathy. I even call my relatives in Italy on their house phone and talk for 10 minutes and only pay about 50 cents! You must try it..and we speak English so you wouldn't need an interpreter with us! lol

I downloaded Skype and I'm in the process of learning how to use it. Looks like fun, I'll probably want a headset next. BTW, why doe the word "ERROR" appear on Gente's main page. It's right beneath the date line and doesn't seem to affect navigation in any way. Just wondering. Joe

Carole
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

Sorry Joe - don't know about the 'ERROR' message - have to leave that to 'the Boss'...

But Skype and headsets I DO know about.

A word of advice: DON'T BUY AN EXPENSIVE ONE! Don't let the shop convince you that you will need it. My experience has been that nearly everyone I know who purchased Plantronics and the like ($35 -$70 €47 - €93 ), have had problems, and usually after a really short time.

When I got Skype I went to my local hypermarket and checked out what was on offer... I went for this one (below) - an ADOOK, which might not be available there, but headsets in the same price range certainly will be.. What did mine cost? €5.99c ($8) and it has never gone wrong or let me down in over two years of daily use....

But let's be honest, even if it did, at just $8 it is easily replaced.

Researching: EDMED, SAVILL, TYSON, NEWCOMBE, STAPLETON, GUNTER, STAPLES
If you think education is expensive -try ignorance!

>Expats in Italy<
Come and join 'Dork and Friends'! >New Blog<

Last edited by Carole on Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:00 am; edited 2 times in total
JoeB
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

Your up early Carole. Thanks for the advice, I'll get an inexpensive set. Who knows?, I'll probably be making my first call in a few months!

Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

Joe,
Walgreens has cheap headsets for $9.99 but those never last. But Best Buy has wonderful Microsoft Chat Headset for $29. Those are better and block a lot of external noise out. I use them to listen to mp3's on my laptop too.

JoeB
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

Cathy wrote:
Joe,
Walgreens has cheap headsets for $9.99 but those never last. But Best Buy has wonderful Microsoft Chat Headset for $29. Those are better and block a lot of external noise out. I use them to listen to mp3's on my laptop too.

Thanks Cathy, I'll check them out...

nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

Well I bought a really good headset (45 bucks I think) and I had nothing but trouble with it...especially once I changes over to VISTA as so many older headsets aren't compatible with it. I finally went out and bought one for 24 dollars and it was wonderful (once I stopped tripping over it of course). I may need to get another though as I think I have done this one in. Sad

Calabria Exchange
JamesBianco
Researcher
Researcher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

I wouldn't spend too much, I did ($49.) and then proceeded to trip on it, yanking the chord right out of the headset. The expensive set is really overkill if the only thing you are using it for is Skype.

BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

Hi Joe,

I bought mine at WalMart for 14 bucks. It looks similar to caroles only black (mine has nice fluffy padding for my ears). You'll be skyping in no time!

Mangiardi, Tedeschi/Tedesco, Zangari, Coda, DeFrancesco, Ierulli, Bava, Daniele, Valente
JoeB
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Commune di Pieve di Cadore? Reply with quote

Does the plain old microphone and system speakers work? Just for test purposes...I'm not cheap, just lazy.

Page 6 of 8All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Northern Italy Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: