Toggle Content Main Menu
Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

bocca
Last post by tennino in General Discussion Groups on Jan 16, 2021 at 16:56:41

Towns in Frosinone that were part of former Vatican States a
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Feb 19, 2019 at 09:15:58

Dual Citizenship
Last post by Curci-Ghio in General Discussion Groups on Nov 18, 2018 at 15:30:54

Please Help Translate Letter
Last post by nuccia in Translations on Oct 20, 2018 at 06:18:43

Family in Cittanova
Last post by russojoseph1 in Translations on Oct 14, 2018 at 12:28:20

DNA Testing
Last post by nuccia in General Discussion Groups on Sep 29, 2018 at 10:39:30

Trento -Atto di Nascita - Frazione di Poia, Comune di Comano
Last post by exevans in Northern Italy on Mar 28, 2018 at 00:45:37

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:58:50

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:53:38

State of the Family Record & Other State Records
Last post by debbiemfit in Northern Italy on Jan 02, 2018 at 23:14:28

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › All Things Italian › Translations › Need help with translating a Pubblicazioni di Matrimonio

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
Need help with translating a Pubblicazioni di Matrimonio
For help with translating documents or writing letters.
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Translations Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Need help with translating a Pubblicazioni di Matrimonio Reply with quote

Hi, I am brand new to this forum. Cathy found me on a web site looking for my Calabrian roots. I had been on that site, at least 10 years, and Cathy finding me, was like me hitting the lottery. Could anyone help me translate the bottom of this marriage act? Here's the link:

i163.photobucket.com/a...ione15.jpg

I can read and translate Italian, but I am lost with the old handwriting.

Diego Filippo and Maria Stella Zingone are my great grandparents.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mille grazie,
Marie
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help with translating a Pubblicazioni di Matrimonio Reply with quote

Hi Marie! I am so glad you joined us!! Welcome to our forum. If anyone needs this record in a larger size to translate it here it is: i163.photobucket.com/a...one15b.jpg

I hope you like it here Marie! I will be returning to the FHC Saturday morning and hope to find more for you!

nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help with translating a Pubblicazioni di Matrimonio Reply with quote

I have resized the image to highlight the bottom..hopefully its easier to view..

Resized Document

Its still a bit blurry..will need to see if I can fix it with a PSP..unfortunately, I haven't installed that program yet..hopefully Liz can help..

Hope this helps. Very Happy

Calabria Exchange
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help with translating a Pubblicazioni di Matrimonio Reply with quote

OK - here is a MUCH bigger scan:
www.calabriangenealogy...one15b.jpg

nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help with translating a Pubblicazioni di Matrimonio Reply with quote

Much better Cathy! At least now we can read it..well, anyone who reads Italian can.. lol

Calabria Exchange
Carole
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:17 am    Post subject: Re: Need help with translating a Pubblicazioni di Matrimonio Reply with quote

It's still very small - but I've copied it to try and read it.

No promises at all though. Can't look now, got to go out shortly and not back 'til early afternoon. I'll have a look then.

In the meantime - if anyone else can read it - 'feel free'.....Here it's not 'First to arrive gets the cookie' - more like 'The more eyes the better'!!!!

A presto e poi ci vediamo cosa si puo fare!

kiss

Researching: EDMED, SAVILL, TYSON, NEWCOMBE, STAPLETON, GUNTER, STAPLES
If you think education is expensive -try ignorance!

>Expats in Italy<
Come and join 'Dork and Friends'! >New Blog<
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Need help with translating a Pubblicazioni di Matrimonio Reply with quote

Carole - its huge! But your webpage will resize it to fit. Go to the bottom of the document and put your cursor over the bottom right hand corner and a green arrow box will appear. Click on it once and you will see the full size document. Use this link:
www.calabriangenealogy...one15b.jpg

Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help with translating a Pubblicazioni di Matrimonio Reply with quote

Carole, Can we Skype tonight (morning your time) or in the morning (earl afternoon your time). I can read this but no capeesh. Perhaps together we can work it out and I can take dicatation from you? Just a thought...maybe for Biff's atti too? I can read his marriage record too but I do not speak the language except for naughty words, numbers and some professions.

Marie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help with translating a Pubblicazioni di Matrimonio Reply with quote

Hello, Cathy and everyone else. This forum is great. I can't wait until I know what I am doing on here, but I am sure it won't take me long. The top half of the Marriage ban is so much easier to read now, but I still have such a hard time trying to dicipher the bottom handwriting. All I can see is something about my great grandfather Diego coming from San Vincenzo La Costa.

Thanks to all of you who are helping me!!

Marie
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help with translating a Pubblicazioni di Matrimonio Reply with quote

We have fun here too Marie - make yourself at home.
Now if only we can get the "boss" to bring back more emoticons over here...

nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help with translating a Pubblicazioni di Matrimonio Reply with quote

Forget the emotions for now Cathy..There is an error in one of the files and I haven't figured out how to repair it yet to bring the smilies over..I'm afraid! LOL

But I promise to figure it out and get back to you. kiss

Calabria Exchange
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help with translating a Pubblicazioni di Matrimonio Reply with quote

That's OK - I am only teasing you.

nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Re: Need help with translating a Pubblicazioni di Matrimonio Reply with quote

I have been trying to work on a word for word translation and am more than half way there but I want to post it once its completed.

Basically the bottom portion refers to the copies of the birth acts of the bride and groom.

"The documents are: copies of the birth acts of the bride and groom" (sposi)

It states when the copies were last issued and who issued them (The same Civil Records Officer in this case)

It also mentions the names of the persons present (in this case Diego Filippo who was a widower but I'm still not sure if he remarried: one name sticks out..Angiola Chippallagia, Chiappetta, Chiappella) and Pasquale Zingone and Serafina _____ (parents) who are giving their consent as well as the couple agreeing to the marriage.

I think the record was read aloud since I see no signatures which usually means that all persons were illiterate

Not a word for word translation but I hope it helps some.

See my next thread..tried to transcribe some of it..maybe someone can fill in the blanks or correct the errors?

Calabria Exchange

Last edited by nuccia on Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Carole
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:18 am    Post subject: Re: Need help with translating a Pubblicazioni di Matrimonio Reply with quote

Cathy wrote:
Carole, Can we Skype tonight (morning your time) or in the morning (earl afternoon your time). I can read this but no capeesh. Perhaps together we can work it out and I can take dicatation from you? Just a thought...maybe for Biff's atti too? I can read his marriage record too but I do not speak the language except for naughty words, numbers and some professions.

Cathy - I'm sorry, I've only just seen this post.... It was superceded by others which I thought (and you know what 'thought' did...) were the last on the thread. My own fault I should have checked back....

If you ever see me as 'on line' on Skype - just call - I don't mind - in fact it gives me an excuse to (as we Brits say) 'rabbit'! That means chatter or gossip LOL.

The reading and dictating sounds like a good idea too. I'mm around sort of 'off and on' today - though I am trying (very hard) to find excuses NOT to do the mountain of ironing I've got to do!!!!

Researching: EDMED, SAVILL, TYSON, NEWCOMBE, STAPLETON, GUNTER, STAPLES
If you think education is expensive -try ignorance!

>Expats in Italy<
Come and join 'Dork and Friends'! >New Blog<
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Need help with translating a Pubblicazioni di Matrimonio Reply with quote

nuccia wrote:
I have been trying to work on a word for word translation and am more than half way there but I want to post it once its completed.

Basically the bottom portion refers to the copies of the birth acts of the bride and groom.

"The documents are: copies of the birth acts of the bride and groom" (sposi)

It states when the copies were last issued(April for him, May for her) and who issued them (The same Civil Records Officer in this case)

It also mentions the names of the persons present (in this case Diego Filippo who was a widower but I'm still not sure if he remarried: one name sticks out..Angiola Chippallagia, Chiappetta, Chiappella) and Pasquale Zingone and Serafina _____ (parents) who are giving their consent as well as the couple agreeing to the marriage.

I think the record was read aloud since I see no signatures which usually means that all persons were illiterate

Not a word for word translation but I hope it helps some.

That would be Serafina Bisceglia (her mother). But who is Angiola Chiapetta - I thought she was his first wife who died. Chiapetta is a common name in this area so I am certain that is the correct surname. His mother's name was Teresa Ciancio so who is Angiola if not wife #1? But if she was deceased she could not give her consent. Perhaps that is someone's grandmother? An aunt? I would be interested to hear what Jim thinks - he has seen more of these than I.

Page 1 of 2All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Translations Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: