Toggle Content Main Menu
Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

bocca
Last post by tennino in General Discussion Groups on Jan 16, 2021 at 16:56:41

Towns in Frosinone that were part of former Vatican States a
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Feb 19, 2019 at 09:15:58

Dual Citizenship
Last post by Curci-Ghio in General Discussion Groups on Nov 18, 2018 at 15:30:54

Please Help Translate Letter
Last post by nuccia in Translations on Oct 20, 2018 at 06:18:43

Family in Cittanova
Last post by russojoseph1 in Translations on Oct 14, 2018 at 12:28:20

DNA Testing
Last post by nuccia in General Discussion Groups on Sep 29, 2018 at 10:39:30

Trento -Atto di Nascita - Frazione di Poia, Comune di Comano
Last post by exevans in Northern Italy on Mar 28, 2018 at 00:45:37

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:58:50

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:53:38

State of the Family Record & Other State Records
Last post by debbiemfit in Northern Italy on Jan 02, 2018 at 23:14:28

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › They Came in Boats › Where do I begin? › birth records

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
birth records
For help with starting your genealogy research.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Where do I begin? Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nycgreg
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: birth records Reply with quote

Ok, i talked to my mother she said there was no ship listed on her naturlization paper, but she did come over with her mother and her father did come over first then sent for her and her mom. And My great great grand mother was probably 13 or 15 when she had josephine acording to my mom. There were 2 sets of numbers on the naturlization papers a petition number 408994 and a number 5568860. She became naturlized on Aug 19,1943.
BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: birth records Reply with quote

nycgreg wrote:
I need my great grandfathers birth certificate, however I do not know to much about him. He was born Giuseppe Marciano probably in 1887, he died on Sep 21,1961 in NYC and was naturalized on nov 12 1926 in Schenectady at 39 years old. Where should I start my search for this date?

I think I got us off track from your original request (sorry Embarassed )

You know when he naturalized. Do you or a family member have his naturalization papers? You also state he was born in Reggio Calabria. If you are trying to gain italian citizenship you will need to write to the address that Riccardo supplied to you earlier. Here is a link for a form letter you can use, all requests must be made in italian.

www.circolocalabrese.o.../index.asp

If it's only for research purposes then use the film numbers that Riccardo supplied and order the films from your Family History Center (FHC).

(Still looking for the manifest of Anna and Josephine) Wink

Mangiardi, Tedeschi/Tedesco, Zangari, Coda, DeFrancesco, Ierulli, Bava, Daniele, Valente
nycgreg
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: birth records Reply with quote

Hi, yes my great grandfather was naturalized on Nov 12, 1926 in Schenectady. I believe I was told by someone in the forum that he was born in Villa San Giuseppe. I will us ethe link you gave me to order a copy because I want it for citizenship. I know you are still looking for the manifest for Josephine but do you know when they were married or do I need to write to the NY state archives division? Thanks for all your help.
nycgreg
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: birth records Reply with quote

Hi, I looked at the Ellis island record of Anna and it said her last residence was fernicni. Does this sound like any town or city that you ever heard of becaus ei cannot find it? Thanks
liviomoreno
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: birth records Reply with quote

Could you post a link to the manifest so that we can better check Anna's last residence?

nycgreg
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: birth records Reply with quote

www.ellisisland.org/se...2454020085
liviomoreno
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: birth records Reply with quote

nycgreg wrote:
http://www.ellisisland.org/search/passRecord.asp?MID=18910208110936693952&LNM=FARONE&PLNM=FARONE&CGD=F&first_kind=1&last_kind=0&TOWN=null&SHIP=null&RF=22&pID=602454020085

I'm sorry, I can't figure out the name of the town. I checked all the towns beginning with "Fer", but could not find one that fits with the rest...

Biff83
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: birth records Reply with quote

Are you sure that's the correct Anna? The manifest shows her destination as Kansas City to join husband Giuseppe. Also, she would likely have been travelling under her maiden name with her daughter Josephine/Giuseppa/Giuseppina.

I believe that the reason we've been having difficulty locating Anna and Josephine's manifest is that she travelled under her maiden name and her daughter is indexed with her maiden name not Farone.

Biff

"You live as long as you are remembered." -- Russian proverb
chanchisfea
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: birth records Reply with quote

Could the town be "Termini"???? ...[change the supposed "F" to a "T" ]....

Liz Cool

Transcripts for towns of Petrona' - San Vincenzo la Costa and Verzino, Italy Smile
liviomoreno
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:16 am    Post subject: Re: birth records Reply with quote

chanchisfea wrote:
Could the town be "Termini"???? ...[change the supposed "F" to a "T" ]....

Liz Cool

That's an option!

nycgreg
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: birth records Reply with quote

I was thinking of buying Josephines S.S. 5 application from social security. Do you think it would be of any help or should I try and get some other form? Thanks
nycgreg
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: birth records Reply with quote

Hi, i was told that my great great grandmothers maiden name was Anna Zaffino. I looked it up on ellis island but no anna or joesphine zaffino. any ideas?
charliemis
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: birth records Reply with quote

Do you know the approximate year she came to the US? Ellis Island records are from 1892-1924......Have you tried alternate spelling....there are lots of errors on how names are spelled.

You might try this site to improve your search, if you know where she was born (city or town) this will improve your chances of finding her if her name was not spelled correctly in the EIDB:

www.jewishgen.org/data...sgold.html

this will use the same data, but the search tool is much better. Good luck!!

Researching: Corato, Provincia di Bari in Puglia e San Giorgio Albanese, Provincia di Cosenza in Calabria.
nycgreg
Mem
Mem

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: birth records Reply with quote

O.K. I found out my great grandmother was born in Palermo. Does anybody know a easy way of getting her birth certificate, so I can get Italian citizenship. Thanks
nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: birth records Reply with quote

You would need to write away to Palermo for it. Riccardo has the details of what to ask for and I'm sure he'll be around soon to answer. Meanwhile, I believe he answered a few more questions just recently on the subject o you can have a look through the site and read up on it.

Calabria Exchange
  Page 2 of 3All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Where do I begin? Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: