Toggle Content Main Menu
Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

bocca
Last post by tennino in General Discussion Groups on Jan 16, 2021 at 16:56:41

Towns in Frosinone that were part of former Vatican States a
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Feb 19, 2019 at 09:15:58

Dual Citizenship
Last post by Curci-Ghio in General Discussion Groups on Nov 18, 2018 at 15:30:54

Please Help Translate Letter
Last post by nuccia in Translations on Oct 20, 2018 at 06:18:43

Family in Cittanova
Last post by russojoseph1 in Translations on Oct 14, 2018 at 12:28:20

DNA Testing
Last post by nuccia in General Discussion Groups on Sep 29, 2018 at 10:39:30

Trento -Atto di Nascita - Frazione di Poia, Comune di Comano
Last post by exevans in Northern Italy on Mar 28, 2018 at 00:45:37

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:58:50

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:53:38

State of the Family Record & Other State Records
Last post by debbiemfit in Northern Italy on Jan 02, 2018 at 23:14:28

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › How Can I locate my Family in Italy › Northern Italy › My relatives in US

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
My relatives in US

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Northern Italy Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

Ada I've gone through all the Italians in Montague county and checked every one of them to see if there were any families that could possibly be Arrigoni (any and all variations) and nothing for the 1930 census. Nocona is in Montague county and nothing Sad I checked all Carminati (any and all variations) and no Arrigoni by them in 1930. I haven't given up I'll keep checking.

One thing I did very early today, but will wait to post, is a list of all of the census from Texas that have your surnames. I don't want to overwhelm you until you've had a chance to look at everything posted in this thread. I'm just looking at your names again and somehow I missed Castelletta and Marchini. Can you tell me where they were (all states) in the USA?

Thanks Smile

Mangiardi, Tedeschi/Tedesco, Zangari, Coda, DeFrancesco, Ierulli, Bava, Daniele, Valente
uantiti
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

Billie, you are too kind! You are doing a great job for me, thank you. Don't worry so much. May the Carbonatis and Arrigoni left US and this might be the reason they disappeared. Another surname in Montague county was "Nobile". This is a very common surname too. Not all of them were related to my family as there were Nobiles in towns near Bogogno.
I think that Castellettas were very few so don't search for that surname. The Marchinis were mainly in Illinois. What's funny in these families is that they were moving more or less together and once you find one on a census you also find two or three of them next door. Just like the s/market: Take three and pay two..... lol

I still have to go through all records you and Biff posted. I will give details also about Gallos and Mascagnis. Must go to see my doctor now Sad .

Thanks to you both. kiss

Ada

Researching: Agazzone, Beretta, Bertona, Carbonati, Castelletta, Ferrari, Gallo, Guglielmetti, Marchini, Mascagni, Nicolazzi, Nobile, Rossi, Sacco, Tosone - gone to USA from Bogogno, province of Novara, Piedmont, Italy.
uantiti
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

I have LDS films for Bogogno's birth, death and marriage Acts. This is why I know people's birth dates and who they are. I must say that in this town they were all related as first cousins, or brothers in law, or sisters in law or second cousins and so on. They also had nicknames as many had same surnames and names and born in the same year.
Two years ago I found an obituary on line and could locate a descendant of Giovanni (John) Sacco (brother to Attilio and Federico) in California. We shared info on the family but his parents moved from Centerville to Illinois then to Wisconsin and to California. He's not in touch with other relatives so he only knows what his parents told him years ago.

BillieDeKid wrote:

These next ones are all listed as coming from bozogno all on same manifest ship s.s. savoie
arrived jan 10 1904 from le havre left jan 2nd start line 8 through line 12
line 8 angelo nicolazzi going to nyc was here before in kansas city 1894 to 1903
brother pietro line 9 going to nyc here from 1894 to 1903
Angelo and Pietro were Francesco (Frank) Nicolazzi and Maria Marchini's sons.
line 10 vincenzo sacco going to nyc This is Giovanni, Attilio and Federico's father
line 11 giuseppe pastore going to nyc here from 1892 to 1897 kansas city Giuseppe Pastore, born in 1864, is also a relative, his mother was a Sacco and grandmothers were Guglielmetti and Nobile. In 1911, when his daughter got married, he sent his consent from Saint Louis, US. Don't know what happened to him.
line 12 luigi ferrari goig to nyc He's a relative. He came back as he got married in 1909

I saw this manifest. Although they declared they were going to NYC, I believe they were all going to Centerville or nearby.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ada was there was a filippo gallo?

Vincenzo Gallo s.s. alesia jan. 9 1899 left naples on (doesn't say) line 2
has town listed as Bogano or Bagrano final destination says Philadelphia passage paid by his brother he is going to his cousin and it says Ferdinando
line 3 is from same place name is Salvatore Frassetti 10yr old child going to Phil. to his brother Ferdinando

No, these Gallos are not my relatives.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-
The Francesco Gallo, related to my maternal family, was born in Favria (Torino) in 1867. He had an adventurous life as a soldier in Africa. He went then to Canada between 1890 and 1895 but I don't know if there are manifests. He lived in Canada for few years then went to somewhere in Illinois and after to Centerville or nearby. He paid a ticket for his brother Pietro (Peter) who reached him in US. Peter married Antonia Nicolazzi (daughter to Frank Nicolazzi and Maria Marchini) about 1900. They had three children: Joseph, Frances, Pete.
In 1904/1905 Peter died in a mine accident and Frank married Antonia. They had 4 children:
-Angelina who married Giovanni (John) Sacco.
-Josephine who married Giovanni's brother Attilio (aka Albert).
-Edith - don't know who she got married to.
- N. (he's still alive)
I saw some listings for this family on ancestry but I don't have images. I know that Antonia died around 1951 so Frank went to Illinois and lived with Josephine and Albert/Attilio. He might have died soon after.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is another piece of family history. I'm cheking the rest of names
Thank you.

Ada

Researching: Agazzone, Beretta, Bertona, Carbonati, Castelletta, Ferrari, Gallo, Guglielmetti, Marchini, Mascagni, Nicolazzi, Nobile, Rossi, Sacco, Tosone - gone to USA from Bogogno, province of Novara, Piedmont, Italy.
BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

Giuseppe Pastore, born in 1864, is also a relative, his mother was a Sacco and grandmothers were Guglielmetti and Nobile. In 1911, when his daughter got married, he sent his consent from Saint Louis, US. Don't know what happened to him.

Ada would this be the correct Giuseppe Pastore and family? 1910 census

If this is the correct Giuseppe I'll find the 1920 and 1930 census info for you.

Mangiardi, Tedeschi/Tedesco, Zangari, Coda, DeFrancesco, Ierulli, Bava, Daniele, Valente
BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

These next ones are all listed as coming from bozogno all on same manifest ship s.s. savoie
line 8 angelo nicolazzi going to nyc was here before in kansas city 1894 to 1903
line 10 vincenzo sacco going to nyc This is Giovanni, Attilio and Federico's father
line 11 giuseppe pastore going to nyc here from 1892 to 1897 kansas city Giuseppe Pastore, born in 1864, is also a relative, his mother was a Sacco and grandmothers were Guglielmetti and Nobile. In 1911, when his daughter got married, he sent his consent from Saint Louis, US. Don't know what happened to him.
line 12 luigi ferrari goig to nyc He's a relative. He came back as he got married in 1909

I saw this manifest. Although they declared they were going to NYC, I believe they were all going to Centerville or nearby.

Ada-
would you like the image for this manifest? I can easily download and post for you.

BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

The Francesco Gallo, related to my maternal family, was born in Favria (Torino) in 1867. He had an adventurous life as a soldier in Africa. He went then to Canada between 1890 and 1895 but I don't know if there are manifests. He lived in Canada for few years then went to somewhere in Illinois and after to Centerville or nearby. He paid a ticket for his brother Pietro (Peter) who reached him in US. Peter married Antonia Nicolazzi (daughter to Frank Nicolazzi and Maria Marchini) about 1900. They had three children: Joseph, Frances, Pete.
In 1904/1905 Peter died in a mine accident and Frank married Antonia. They had 4 children:
-Angelina who married Giovanni (John) Sacco.
-Josephine who married Giovanni's brother Attilio (aka Albert).
-Edith - don't know who she got married to.
- N. (he's still alive)
I saw some listings for this family on ancestry but I don't have images. I know that Antonia died around 1951 so Frank went to Illinois and lived with Josephine and Albert/Attilio. He might have died soon after.

1920 Iowas census for Frank, Antonia and kids

uantiti
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

Thank you Elisa for posting the 1920 Census. They were living in Vermillion, very close to Centerville, Iowa. It looks like Frank (Francesco) says he immigrated in US 1893. As far as I know he was in Canada before. Are there border crossings for that period ?

Ada

BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

I was trying to find him in the boarder crossings but no luck so far. I will search this afternoon and with a little luck we'll find him.

uantiti
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

BillieDeKid wrote:
Giuseppe Pastore, born in 1864, is also a relative, his mother was a Sacco and grandmothers were Guglielmetti and Nobile. In 1911, when his daughter got married, he sent his consent from Saint Louis, US. Don't know what happened to him.

Ada would this be the correct Giuseppe Pastore and family? 1910 census

If this is the correct Giuseppe I'll find the 1920 and 1930 census info for you.

Thank you for searching but no, it's not him. He was in US in 1910 but his family was in Italy. His wife's name was Rosa. Their daughter was Teresa. I don't think his family ever went to US, he might have come come to Italy at the end, who knows.

Ada

uantiti
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

BillieDeKid wrote:

Ada-
would you like the image for this manifest? I can easily download and post for you.

Elisa, thank you but I could download the image.

Ada

uantiti
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

BillieDeKid wrote:

Ambrogio Gugliemetti arrived june 25 1910 from le havre on jun 18th line 27 going to centerville iowa to his brother in law giuseppe Sacco. His wife teresa is still in bogogno he's a blacksmith.

Ambrogio Guglielmetti's wife was sister to Giuseppe Sacco. Ambrogio came back to Italy and died there. I'm interested to Giuseppe Sacco's family. I saw a 1910 census on FAMILY SEARCH site (now disappeared) where he declares he immigrated in 1902 but I couldn't find a ship manifest for him. His name could have been badly mispelled or I just missed it. He was born in Bogogno on September 11, 1884, his father was Luigi (died in 1888) and his mother Serena Vecchio. In November 1913 his mother Serena goes to US on Olympic. She's listed as Serene Sacco and travels with her daughter in law Ernesta Sacco and two children, Luigi and Angelina both born in US. Ernesta and Serena used their married name and I could find out that Ernesta' maiden name was Mascagni as her brother Serafino was in her house in 1910 and, as Biff found, there was also a Galileo Mascagni and they were all from Lizzano in Belvedere, province of Bologna. But I couldn't find Ernesta first travel to US. In 1910 Census she declared she immigrated in 1901. So I wonder where she went in 1901 in US and with whom. I don't think a woman could go to US alone. Either she was with a relative or married to someone who died. When she travels with her mother in law in 1913 she declares she had been in Centeville from 1908 to 1912. This means she was somewhere else from 1901 to 1908. Also her age continously changes, she looks sometimes older and sometimes younger than her husband Giuseppe Sacco. Their first child was born in January 1910. I assume they got married in 1908-1909 somewhere in US.
Serena (Vecchio) Sacco was 60 when she went to US and I suppose she never came back to Italy. She might be in a Centerville' cemetery.

Ada for mascagni do you have some possible birth years, years of travel and possible occupations

I searched a lot and couldn't find those info. May be I'm searching the wrong way.....

Thank you

Ada

BillieDeKid
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

Ada it's strange that I can't find a 1910 census for her or Giuseppe. Ernesta does appear on the 1920 census with Giuseppe (Joe) Sacco her husband, her mother-in-law, the kids and a brother-in-law (Serafino Mascagni) who could be her brother. I was also thinking that Serafino could be married to one of Giuseppe's sisters or to one of Ernesta's sisters, which would make him Giuseppes brother-in-law also (just a thought) Rolling Eyes . I noticed Ernesta listed her mother in Italy ....... what is her mothers last name? Possible that Ernesta was in the USA with her mothers relatives in 1901?

Biff might like to take a look at the documents. Hope you see something I'm missing Biff.

1913 manifest page 1 - for Ernesta, children and mother-in-law (Serafina Vecchio-mother of Giuseppe Sacco)

1913 manifest page 2

1915 Iowa census registration card - Ernesta

1920 Federal census - Giuseppe (Joe) Sacco, Ernesta, children, Serena (mother of Giuseppe) and brother-in-law Serafino Mascagni

uantiti
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

BillieDeKid wrote:
Ada it's strange that I can't find a 1910 census for her or Giuseppe. Ernesta does appear on the 1920 census with Giuseppe (Joe) Sacco her husband, her mother-in-law, the kids and a brother-in-law (Serafino Mascagni) who could be her brother. I was also thinking that Serafino could be married to one of Giuseppe's sisters or to one of Ernesta's sisters, which would make him Giuseppes brother-in-law also (just a thought) Rolling Eyes . I noticed Ernesta listed her mother in Italy ....... what is her mothers last name? Possible that Ernesta was in the USA with her mothers relatives in 1901?

Biff might like to take a look at the documents. Hope you see something I'm missing Biff.

1913 manifest page 1 - for Ernesta, children and mother-in-law (Serafina Vecchio-mother of Giuseppe Sacco)

1913 manifest page 2

1915 Iowa census registration card - Ernesta

1920 Federal census - Giuseppe (Joe) Sacco, Ernesta, children, Serena (mother of Giuseppe) and brother-in-law Serafino Mascagni

At the end I said something wrong. The census I saw was 1920 and not 1910 and is the same you posted here above. Serafino was Ernesta's brother as Giuseppe (Joe) Sacco lost his father (Luigi) when he was only 4 years old. Giuseppe had two older sisters: Teresa married to Ambrogio Guglielmetti (the one who went in US in 1910 mentioned in my previous answer) and Rosa married to Martino Mora. Rosa died in 1908 when she was only 26.
Ernesta's name is often mispelled by ancestry's indexer, I found this listings:

Iowa State Census Collection, 1836-1925
1910s
Name: Ernesti Sacco
Birth Year: abt 1890
Residence State: Iowa
Residence County: Appanoose
Mother's Birth Year: abt 1857

Name: Ernesti Sacco
Spouse: Joe Sacco
Birth: abt 1890 - location
Residence: date - Appanoose, Iowa

Iowa State Census Collection, 1836-1925
1910s

Name: Ernesta Socco
Birth Year: abt 1890

Name: Ernesta Socco
Birth: abt 1890 - location
Residence: 1915 - Appanoose, Iowa

Where she's listed as Ernesti Sacco it comes out "other possible name: Ernesti Muscagne".

Biff found Ernesta's brothers ship manifests. I had also seen those manifests before when I was trying to find a manifest for Ernesta's first travel (which I never found). Their mother's surname could be Guerrini or Guerrino (this surnames exist in Lizzano in Belvedere, Bologna).
On 1913 ship manifest Ernesta (with children and mother in law) says her mother is Angela Guerina but this surname doesn't exist and her mother wasn't in Bogogno, the clerk mixed up Bologna and Bogogno I suppose.

I also found that Galileo (Ernesta's brother) could be this:

Name: Gahles Maseayini
Birth: abt 1893 - location
Arrival: year
Residence: 1910 - city, Appanoose, Iowa
Age in 1910: 17

Household Members:
Name Age
Joe Davis 25
Ermerta Davis 20
Louis Davis 3/12
Mike Buffo 35
Gahles Maseayini 17
Palmina Fernetti 22
Emil Onassale 61
Barney Forero 21
Patro Onesto 31
Tony Garmero 25
Theodore Maroni 30

Could it be that Joe, Ermerta and Louis DAVIS are Joe, Ernesta and Louis Sacco? First names match although the surname is completely different. This could be the reason it's impossible to find them. Can you find this census so that we can see what's written?

Last thing, on ancestry listings for 1930 Census there is a Serafino Mascagni married to Virgil DeMarchi and I suppose there weren't so many Serafino Mascagnis around.

I hope I didn't mix up things too much. I know connections among relatives but for others reading it might look and sound very confusing.

Thank you to all for any help. I might finish my (very large) family tree one of these days.....

Ada

Last edited by uantiti on Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Biff83
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

Ada,

Here's the 1910 US Census. Definitely Joe and Ernesta Sacco, and Galileo Mascagni.
img72.imageshack.us/im...co1910.jpg

Biff

"You live as long as you are remembered." -- Russian proverb
uantiti
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: My relatives in US Reply with quote

Hello Biff,
thank you very much for posting the image. I suspected there was a mispelling. I would never have found Joe Sacco under Davis. I assumed that Galileo Mascagni was difficult to write and read so I searched on ancestry listings using only "Ga" for his name and "Mas" for his surname and I was quite lucky as a similar Shocked name came out. I wonder under what other name he was listed as I couldn't find him on any following census.

Thanks for your help.

Ada

Page 3 of 5All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Northern Italy Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: