Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

Ambrogio Bianchi Birth Certificate - Rome/Ferentino
Last post by debbiemfit in Where do I begin? on Oct 14, 2017 at 15:28:01

Cardano al Campo, Italy
Last post by Seabreezes1 in Northern Italy on Oct 13, 2017 at 21:58:14

Muscatello
Last post by Biff83 in Southern Italy on Oct 11, 2017 at 15:22:57

Motta San Giovanni / Valanidi questions: please help!
Last post by PrimoMattino in Southern Italy on Oct 03, 2017 at 17:32:46

Motta San Giovanni / Valanidi questions: please help!
Last post by Italysearcher in Where do I begin? on Sep 24, 2017 at 18:25:31

Bastianelli Sant Elia Fiumerapido or Altina
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Sep 23, 2017 at 18:29:38

RESEACHING LUCIA NAPOLI DELIANOUVA
Last post by nuccia in Where do I begin? on Sep 22, 2017 at 06:13:48

Surname Serafini from Barga
Last post by Libby in Northern Italy on Sep 04, 2017 at 03:47:22

Sant'Elia Fiumerapido - De Filippis
Last post by Marchpatty in Central Italy on Aug 24, 2017 at 23:45:06

PUGLIESE OR VALEO
Last post by Biff83 in Central Italy on Aug 05, 2017 at 20:14:08

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › How Can I locate my Family in Italy › Southern Italy › Stelitano (Stillitano) / Ruffolo / Coseorelli (Casarelli) ?

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
Stelitano (Stillitano) / Ruffolo / Coseorelli (Casarelli) ?

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Southern Italy Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stelitano
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Stelitano (Stillitano) / Ruffolo / Coseorelli (Casarelli Reply with quote

A kind person named Dodie on another forum gave me this information:

1940 Census Trinidad, Las Animas, Colorado
FD 36-49 Page 19
828 Robinson
Naccarato, Frank|Head|45|Italy|Projectionist|Pictures Moving Theater
Naccarato, Marie|35|Italy|
Naccarato, Benny|19|CO
Naccarato, Ralph|17|CO
Naccarato, Mary|Dau|11|CO
Naccarato, Anna Mae|6|CO
Naccarato, Benny Sr.|Father|66|Italy|Fireman|Hospital
Naccarato, Mary __|Mother|65|Italy
FD 36-49 Page 25
922 Robinson
De Bono, Frank|Head|30|CO|Foreman|L A County Garage?
De Bono, Carmella|Wife|25|CO
De Bono, Pete C.|Son|4|CO
De Bono, Rose Marie|Dau|2|CO
918 Robinson
Stellatano, Rachael|Head|55|Widowed|Italy|Land Lady|Real Estate
Stellatano, John|20|Single|CO|Machine Helper|Rot-----?
Stellatano, Domenic|Head|27|CO|Salesman|Auto Retail
Stellatano, Josephine|Wife|28|CO|Bookkeeper|Auto Retail
Stellatano, Dona Jean|Dau|5|CO

Carmela DeBono was Carmela Stelitano. I knew Carmelo died before my mother was born in 1934, so it makes sense that he is not on the census. The "Dona Jean" listed is my mother, Donna.

Michelle
nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Stelitano (Stillitano) / Ruffolo / Coseorelli (Casarelli) ? Reply with quote

Yes this is the census I found the other day - I can link the image for you if you like. Dodie is very nice- they all are on the Trinidad forum. They also helped me quite a bit so I`m glad you joined. Have you been able to make contact with Alice or the library yet

Calabria Exchange
Stelitano
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Stelitano (Stillitano) / Ruffolo / Coseorelli (Casarelli Reply with quote

Thanks Nuccia! I will contact Alice (or the library!) on Monday.

I just contacted a second cousin (via Facebook) I met once when we were five who lived in Trinidad until she moved to New Mexico for college. She may have more information.

Thank you all again so much!

Michelle
Stelitano
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Stelitano (Stillitano) / Ruffolo / Coseorelli (Casarelli Reply with quote

I found a July 23, 1903 ship manifest for "Massilia" that has a Carmelo Stillitano arriving, MARRIED (but not coming over with a wife), but going to Sharpsburg, Pennsylvania. However, he does not show up in Pennsylvania on the 1910, 1920, or 1930 census. Perhaps this is my g-grandfather, and he came to Pennsylvania BEFORE he ended up in Colorado... ?
nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Stelitano (Stillitano) / Ruffolo / Coseorelli (Casarelli) ? Reply with quote

Thats the one I was talking about! He's from Bova, Reggio Calabria and I couldn't find him in the other census either -I need to go to work now. I've downloaded the 1940 census for you and another ship list for Felicita (Mary) from 1919 but I can't post them now. I'll to to post them when I get back.

Calabria Exchange
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Stelitano (Stillitano) / Ruffolo / Coseorelli (Casarelli Reply with quote

Stelitano wrote:
Another tidbit: I did find a ship manifest from 1910 for Carmelo Stelitano - search.ancestry.com/ie...4008212434

I am not sure this is MY Carmelo, because this one's "final destination" is Pennsylvania - with his father!
OMG! He is on the ship with one of my relatives!! Shocked

Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Stelitano (Stillitano) / Ruffolo / Coseorelli (Casarelli Reply with quote

Biff83 wrote:
Michelle,

What do you think of this?

1919 Boston manifest for Felicetta Chiappetta, age 14, dob about 1905
Line 1
Last residence and place of birth: Marano Marchesato
Leaves grandmother Carmela Caputo in Marano
Joining mother Rachela Chiappetta in Trinidad at 921 Robinson Ave.

Page 1

imageshack.us/a/img848...a19191.jpg

Page 2

imageshack.us/a/img826...a19192.jpg

Biff
Based on this manifest, either Rachela never married prior to the birth of her Chiappetta daughter or Rachela did marry a Chiapetta and had another surname. I checked the Marano site and found this 1904 marriage record:
Rachela Cosentino daughter of Andrea and Carmina Chiappetta
married Giuseppe Ruffolo son of Ferdinando and Rosa Molinaro
4/30/04
film #1642126
I find it interesting I cannot find a birth record for any Chiapetta girl named Felicia or any variation of that name nor a Maria born in 1904, 1905 or 1906 which would match this ship manifest. I also looked for a Maria or Felicia Ruffolo and again, nothing.

Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: Stelitano (Stillitano) / Ruffolo / Coseorelli (Casarelli Reply with quote

Based of Rachele's age on the 1940 census, I decided to see if I could find her birth on the Marano site. An estimate of her birth year would be 1885 so here is what I found.
1885: Rachele Cosentino 29 Oct 1885 daughter of Vincenzo and Arcangiola Tenuta film#1608135
1886: Rachela Chiapetta 15 June 1884 daughter of Ignazio and Carolina Bruni
This is not very promising!

Stelitano
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Stelitano (Stillitano) / Ruffolo / Coseorelli (Casarelli Reply with quote

Cathy, Thank you for your input! I appreciate also your time and efforts!

None of that actually makes any sense to me... Sad

I'm accepting the ship manifest for Felicetta Chiappetta as being our Mary, since it clearly states she is joining her mother Rachaela on a street we KNOW the Stelitanos lived on - and may even still live on! - in Trinidad. And her grandmother was Carmela Caputo. So, if Rachaela's mother is Carmela, then these do not make sense: Sad

Rachele Cosentino 29 Oct 1885 daughter of Vincenzo and Arcangiola Tenuta

Based on the above, we know at some point Rachaela was a Chiapetta. We can also use the 1911 "no sail" manifest that lists Rachaela and Marie and Concetta. I think I can safely assume these are my family. Don't you all?

I just can't figure out how the Ruffolo fits in, or if Rachaela was ever married before she married Carmelo.

And why was Rachaela's daughter listed as Marie Chiappetta on the 1911 ship manifest, but as Felicetta Chiapetta on the 1919 ship manifest?

Those are the two things that REALLY make no sense to me!

I am also inclined to believe that "MY" Carmelo is the one who came over on July 23, 1903. His age is right, and the 1903 date fits what is listed on the 1920 and 1930 census (censuses/censi?). The only thing that's odd is that is lists him as "married," and going to Pennsylvania. My mom seemed to recall something about Pennsylvania when I said it, and no Carmelo Stelitano shows up on the 1910, 1920, or 1930 census in Pennsylvania, so it could certainly be that he first went to Pennsylvania before he headed to Colorado. The "married" part does not fit what my mom knows, but she said it is certainly a possibility that he had a wife he left in Italy, or even that he lied about being married for some reason. Who knows?!

This is driving me crazy! I tend to be a person who does not give up easily, and wants to problem solve, but this is ridiculous!

Again, I thank you ALL for all the efforts you have put in to this! I am amazed by your kindness and generosity!

Michelle

It's like trying to put together a puzzle with pieces that don't quite fit!
Stelitano
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Stelitano (Stillitano) / Ruffolo / Coseorelli (Casarelli Reply with quote

OK...there is a Maria Chiappetta born in Marano in 1907 here:

www.rootsweb.ancestry....Births.htm TOO BAD they don't list parents on the file!

On the 1920 census, it lists her date of birth as 1907...so that helps...maybe?!

There is also a Rachela Chiappetta born in Marano in 1884 - older than I think our Rachaela was, but close!

Do you think that the grandmother Carmela Caputo in Italy could have been the mother of Mary's and Concetta's FATHER?
Biff83
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Stelitano (Stillitano) / Ruffolo / Coseorelli (Casarelli Reply with quote

Michelle,

I'm sure Nuccia and Cathy will agree--we will put this puzzle together--either through microfilm records or writing to Italy for records.

Hang in there; we know how frustrating things can become but with a little patience, a lot of perseverance, a bit of inspiration and a bunch of perspiration you'll find out about your family.

Biff

"You live as long as you are remembered." -- Russian proverb
Stelitano
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Stelitano (Stillitano) / Ruffolo / Coseorelli (Casarelli Reply with quote

Oh Biff - thank you SO MUCH for that!

I just read your post to my husband, who has watched me searching literally ALL DAY for DAYS and he said, "Those are some really nice people helping you."

I could not agree more!

FYI for those of you interested in the Chiappetta name (Cathy!), there is a small group on facebook for the Chiappettas.

Cathy, do you live in Italy?

Michelle
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Stelitano (Stillitano) / Ruffolo / Coseorelli (Casarelli Reply with quote

Stelitano wrote:
OK...there is a Maria Chiappetta born in Marano in 1907 here:

www.rootsweb.ancestry....Births.htm TOO BAD they don't list parents on the file!

On the 1920 census, it lists her date of birth as 1907...so that helps...maybe?!

There is also a Rachela Chiappetta born in Marano in 1884 - older than I think our Rachaela was, but close!

Do you think that the grandmother Carmela Caputo in Italy could have been the mother of Mary's and Concetta's FATHER?
Since the Marano site does not give all the information on the records, the actual records are needed to check parent's names and ages. My center has births from 1884-1900. I can check these Tuesday if you would like.

Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Stelitano (Stillitano) / Ruffolo / Coseorelli (Casarelli Reply with quote

Stelitano wrote:
Cathy, Thank you for your input! I appreciate also your time and efforts!

None of that actually makes any sense to me... Sad

I'm accepting the ship manifest for Felicetta Chiappetta as being our Mary, since it clearly states she is joining her mother Rachaela on a street we KNOW the Stelitanos lived on - and may even still live on! - in Trinidad. And her grandmother was Carmela Caputo. So, if Rachaela's mother is Carmela, then these do not make sense: Sad

Rachele Cosentino 29 Oct 1885 daughter of Vincenzo and Arcangiola Tenuta

Based on the above, we know at some point Rachaela was a Chiapetta. We can also use the 1911 "no sail" manifest that lists Rachaela and Marie and Concetta. I think I can safely assume these are my family. Don't you all?

I just can't figure out how the Ruffolo fits in, or if Rachaela was ever married before she married Carmelo.
Carmela Caputo could have been her father's mother. Remember Italian women never changed their surnames when they married!

Stelitano
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Stelitano (Stillitano) / Ruffolo / Coseorelli (Casarelli Reply with quote

Cathy wrote:
My center has births from 1884-1900. I can check these Tuesday if you would like.

I would be SO GRATEFUL Cathy! Yes, thank you very much!
  Page 4 of 6All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index Southern Italy Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: