Toggle Content Main Menu
Toggle Content Last Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

bocca
Last post by tennino in General Discussion Groups on Jan 16, 2021 at 16:56:41

Towns in Frosinone that were part of former Vatican States a
Last post by Italysearcher in Central Italy on Feb 19, 2019 at 09:15:58

Dual Citizenship
Last post by Curci-Ghio in General Discussion Groups on Nov 18, 2018 at 15:30:54

Please Help Translate Letter
Last post by nuccia in Translations on Oct 20, 2018 at 06:18:43

Family in Cittanova
Last post by russojoseph1 in Translations on Oct 14, 2018 at 12:28:20

DNA Testing
Last post by nuccia in General Discussion Groups on Sep 29, 2018 at 10:39:30

Trento -Atto di Nascita - Frazione di Poia, Comune di Comano
Last post by exevans in Northern Italy on Mar 28, 2018 at 00:45:37

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:58:50

Translating written postcard
Last post by mekanic in Translations on Jan 18, 2018 at 13:53:38

State of the Family Record & Other State Records
Last post by debbiemfit in Northern Italy on Jan 02, 2018 at 23:14:28

Toggle Content Help Support this Site
Please support GentediMareGenealogy
Help us by supporting the future development of this site, or simply to say thank you.
Toggle Content EStore
Community Forums › Memories and Guides › PC Info and Guides › Windows Vista Home Premium

Forum FAQ   Search   Log in to check your private messages   Login  
Windows Vista Home Premium
For help with tech support and programs
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index PC Info and Guides Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wldspirit
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Windows Vista Home Premium Reply with quote

Not only would I demand a full refund, I would file a report with the Better Buisness Bureau......

I bought my Pc from Best Buy, had one small problem with the geek squad, which was addressed with the manager. I recieved a full refund for the setup they "supposedly" did, took my Pc back to factory settings and never had another problem.

My husband wanted to buy me a Dell laptop....after reading this.....NO WAY!!
wldspirit
Biff83
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Windows Vista Home Premium Reply with quote

Well, supposedly another replacement printer/scanner--a new one--is on its way to us. Dell elected not to send it overnight but rather ground service so it should be here next week. Just another instance of Dell's uncaring attitude towards its customers. Hopefully, the next printer will work and I can write "finis" to this entire sad, sorry, silly sack of woe. I'm thinking of startng a website for frustrated Dell customers:
www. dellsucksbigtime .com
I bet you the daily hit count would be through the roof.

Biff

"You live as long as you are remembered." -- Russian proverb
Eleven
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Windows Vista Home Premium Reply with quote

You would think, to keep you as a valuable customer, they would have shipped it overnight.

What these companies dont realize, or think they are too big to care about, is that people with problems will shout it from the roof tops. Happy people never utter a sound. So, if 80% of your customers are happy, nobody knows..but the 20% unhappy people..will be like horse poop..all over....badmouthing you.....and this is what the future customer is seeing..all negative comments.

I hope this next printer works out.
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Windows Vista Home Premium Reply with quote

I know I will never purchase Dell products. EVER.

Carole
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Windows Vista Home Premium Reply with quote

When all my people were undergoing their customer care training we always used this saying (along with many others) to try and illustrate what they had to achieve.

"If you are happy with our service - tell YOUR FRIENDS.
But if you have ANY reason not to be - TELL US - IMMEDIATELY!"

But the Dell company seem to have turned that concept on it's head and say:
"If you are happy with our service - tell YOUR FRIENDS - IMMEDIATELY. But if you have ANY reason not to be - DON'T TELL US - we really don't want to know!"

Seems to me that I've been hearing IDENTICAL horror scenario's about Dell since way back around 1998 IN England - where there sales 'pitch' was just the same.....

"Buy direct from us - buy with OUR credit finance - our service is second to none!"

What they SHOULD be advertising is this:

1. Buy direct from us.
2. You can't cancel your order.
3. You won't be able to get your money back.
4. Our untrained staff will never be able to solve the problems you
WILL have with our products.
5. If a product doesn't function we promise to replace it with a
second hand refurbished model (when we have time).
6. We WILL stand by ALL our promises - we don't DO
anything about them, just stand there and look at them.

They just don't deserve even ONE CUSTOMER - never mind the thousands (millions?) they must con every day worldwide!

What does remain UNSAID by them though is....
"We've got your money, you've received (and listened to) our cr*p, so just bu@@er off - there are plenty more where you came from!"

Am I right - or am I right?

Researching: EDMED, SAVILL, TYSON, NEWCOMBE, STAPLETON, GUNTER, STAPLES
If you think education is expensive -try ignorance!

>Expats in Italy<
Come and join 'Dork and Friends'! >New Blog<
Eleven
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Windows Vista Home Premium Reply with quote

When I first started to use a computer about 14 years ago, Dell and IBM were top of the line...with Gateway and HP, close runner up...somewhere trailing back there was sony and compac (spelling ?). If you heard someone got one of the first two..it was like..ooooooh.

People began to tell horror stories about HP. Their printers were ok..but their computers were horrible. I dont know how their customer service was..but at least back then, you spoke to english speaking people. Compac was next, to keep away from.

Before long..everybody was buying gateway. They became very popular, and their stores cropped up everywhere. But, as fast as they showed up...they left. Now, you seldom here someone buying a gateway.

You heard very little about sony.

As time went on..nobody I knew got anything else but dell. And I think some of that popularity came from their commercials...dude, you're getting a dell"!!

I have talked, many times about getting another computer. If it wasnt for Gates coming out with one buggy OS after another, I would probably have gotten one by now...but the thing is..once IBM stopped selling PCs, I was really stumped as to what to get.

I knew dell, hp and compac..were out. I am not thrilled with gateway either...so that leaves sony..and the company that took over IBM which is called Lenovo. I havent heard one single thing about them...and I doubt that they are matching IBMs outstanding service..so that leaves me with sony...and thats who I would probably go with...since, they are sold in stores, which gives you one more option (driving there..and bringing it back, if it doesnt work. And if they dont take it..you cause a rukus.)

Many years ago..when you bought a large ticket item, you didnt hear these kinds of stories. There were sayings like "the customer is always right". Forget it now..its buyer beware. And this goes for anything..not just computers.

I am not a credit card person. I would rather pay by cash. But, nobody uses money today its all cards. I have learned to use that card, when something costs a lot of money. It gives you that little added protection, when you have to deal with something like this.

Oh..and another thing I would keep away from..if anyone is looking to buy..is these computers, made for you by computer stores. Stay far away from that. I know people who were screwed royally..paying top dollar..for old outdated parts. Unless the builder is a personal friend, you really, really trust...avoid having it built.
nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Windows Vista Home Premium Reply with quote

i have an HP printer and a Compac Presario and I've used it for six years without any problems. I killed my PC, not them...lol...twice! And I've talked to HP reps and the service has always been great, thankfully. They even recommended which printers to buy and which ones to stay away from. They have been right on every time.

OK, I have just rebuilt it using some parts from Acer but still its serving me well.

My oldest son built his first computer when he was only 13 and 3 years later hes still using it. It only cost him about $500 and he used the money from a paper route he got to buy it. Hes building my next com[puter. I don't think I'll ever buy a new one again..too expensive.

Just my own thoughts of course. Others may have a different opinion.

Calabria Exchange
Eleven
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Windows Vista Home Premium Reply with quote

If your son knows what he is doing (and he must since he did it and it works) then, thats fine. Its fine because..HE is choosing the parts that go into it. He isnt looking in a back room for dust covered dinasaurs that he couldnt sell..to stick into some unsuspecting persons computer. Thats the difference. Thats why I said..if you really, really trust someone (and he isnt in the computer parts store business) then its fine to have them build it.
nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Windows Vista Home Premium Reply with quote

Eleven wrote:
If your son knows what he is doing (and he must since he did it and it works) then, thats fine. Its fine because..HE is choosing the parts that go into it. He isnt looking in a back room for dust covered dinasaurs that he couldnt sell..to stick into some unsuspecting persons computer. Thats the difference. Thats why I said..if you really, really trust someone (and he isnt in the computer parts store business) then its fine to have them build it.

I totally agree with you on this one! Very Happy Didn't mean to imply I didn't so sorry for the confusion. Embarassed

Calabria Exchange
Eleven
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Windows Vista Home Premium Reply with quote

OMG I think I jinxed myself..lmao

Late at night, the night that I last posted here..I began to get this strange humming out of my tower...and at one point, a grinding sound, but that stopped right away. All I could do is look at this thing and think..oh no.

I did all of the maintenance and testing that I know how to do..and everything, including the hard drive tested fine. The more I listened to this sound..that comes and goes..the more I boiled it down to 2 things...the fan or the hard drive.

So sunday..we opened the tower..watta mess. Dirty, dirty, dirty. We cleaned it all up and did the best we could on the fan..which is enclosed in some casing. We put it all back together and thought we would buy a fan.

On the way home from work monday, hubby was supposed to stop at the computer store..only, the place I sent him to..no longer exists..lol

So tonight..he stopped at circuit city. He spoke to the guy that fixes computers, there. He seemed to think it was the hard drive..which would cost 200 dollars for a new one..not, I dont know if this includes installation..or they hand it to you and you do it. Either way..I dont think I want to invest 200 dollars in an 8 year old computer. I would try a new fan..which would cost 35 dollars or less.

As I am typing here..I am mumbling to myself..because this thing hasnt hummed in the past hour..lol

Anyway..what I want to do is..go for the fan..and if that doesnt fix it..to buy a new computer (oh noes).

So..I have been looking, online. I thought I wanted a sony. They have a real nice one for $1400. The bad thing is..no store has it..and I wanna see it. I am not ordering a computer online..I wanna see, touch, etc.

As I continued to look..I found one that seems to have just what I was looking for...and of all brands..its an HP. I recall when I first began to use computers..people were having all sorts of problems with HP..only, I cant find any "HP sucks" sites, now..lol I have only read good reviews from those who bought this particular model.

Another thing I wonder about is the processor. This has AMD athlon rather than Intel. I have always had an Intel processor. I guess I have to research this a little more.

So..any HP users out there? I would like to hear from ya..lol Oh..and is the tech help from India?
Biff83
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Windows Vista Home Premium Reply with quote

Called Dell today to find out when my relacement printer/scanner would arrive. Guess what? It still hasn't shipped yet!! neclord Not to worry though the tech rep said he would request that the replacement shipment is expedited. Right.

Since I'm on my bash Dell roll, I have another unresolved issue that cropped up this weekend. Evidently, when they uploaded the software on my replacement computer, they forgot to include the free year of Dell Data Safe--an oxymoron if I ever heard one. So they emailed me with a link with instructions to just enter my Service Tag number and zip code and all would be taken care of. Well, when I entered my service tag and zip, it came up as unknown. Called Dell; spent 90 or so minutes on the phone with my call handled by four people all of whom couldn't figure out what the heck was going on. Last person gave me a case number (I'm going for the Guiness record for most case numbers with Dell) and said someone would call back in 3 to 5 days!!! Today is day 3; no call back. I'm sure I'll be on the phone again in 5 days.

I think I finally understand why I haven't seen any Dell computers at Costco, Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. They won't carry a product made by a company with such an abysmally poor customer service record.

To be continued, unfortunately for me.

Biff

"You live as long as you are remembered." -- Russian proverb
Eleven
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Windows Vista Home Premium Reply with quote

Geeze..its never ending with your problem.

Well..we took ours apart again tonight..to see how a fan would install..guess what? It doesnt. This fan is soldered in. So..it is either..enjoy the humming until it dies..or..buy a new one.
Eleven
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Windows Vista Home Premium Reply with quote

Ach..I knocked out my speaker wires and just now am testing to see if they are on..what an outstanding sound system I have on this..I hope I dont have to give it up. Plus..you dont even hear the hum with the music playing..lol
nuccia
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Windows Vista Home Premium Reply with quote

Quote::
So..any HP users out there? I would like to hear from ya..lol Oh..and is the tech help from India?

I have an HP(it was a Compac Presario which is owned by HP)..and the reps speaks English. My brother in law actually works for them and I have never had any problems with any of the HP products I've purchased. They're actually quite good now.

Give them a call and question the reps. Thats what I did when I was looking and believe it or not, they gave me some great suggestions and were still nice even after I spent an hour on the phone with them asking everything I could.

Calabria Exchange
Cathy
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Windows Vista Home Premium Reply with quote

Return it, complain to the Better Business Bureau and forget about this whole horrible experience. Then, why don't we all form a Gente circle and put the mal'occhio on Dell!

Page 4 of 6All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index PC Info and Guides Printer Friendly Page

Jump to: