Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Update your links or add one!
-> General Discussion Groups

#16: Re: Update your links or add one! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:42 pm
    ----
Livio I was on it earlier and its really nice. I am so amazed at what your program can to. You were right..its awesome.

Let me know when you're ready to have us link it to our sites. Very Happy

#17: Re: Update your links or add one! Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:05 am
    ----
I finally was able to get my photo gallery to work. A big thank you to Gina! kiss www.celenzaheritage.co...index.html

#18: Re: Update your links or add one! Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:09 am
    ----
Lori, I did nothing. I told you you could do it! I knew you could! I LOVE it! great photos!

#19: Re: Update your links or add one! Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:14 am
    ----
Livio that's a great program! I think I might buy it when I can afford to do so. I love the site it creates. I spent way too much time having to type all those names and dates by hand. I really like it. It's another great example so please let me know when I can link it.

#20: Re: Update your links or add one! Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:15 am
    ----
Gina501 wrote:
Livio that's a great program! I think I might buy it when I can afford to do so. I love the site it creates. I spent way too much time having to type all those names and dates by hand. I really like it. It's another great example so please let me know when I can link it.
Gina, Legacy comes in 2 editions: Standard and Deluxe. The Standard Edition is free of charge and can be easily downloaded. There are no limits in terms of database size, the difference is in the number of available feature. The Web page creation is part of the standard edition.

#21: Re: Update your links or add one! Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:06 am
    ----
I have added a few different views to my site, still working on it.

#22: Re: Update your links or add one! Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:10 am
    ----
It looks great Livio. I love the look of the pedigrees, makes it easy to follow.

#23: Re: Update your links or add one! Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:35 am
    ----
Wow Livio!! It's amazing, I love the way you have your ancestry listed.

I would love to do something similar.

#24: Re: Update your links or add one! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:35 am
    ----
liviomoreno wrote:
I have added a few different views to my site, still working on it.
Wow, really nice Livio. I love the pictures. It really is easy to navigate. By the way - I downloaded Legacy from the website and I love it. It is so easy much more user friendly than PAF. I will probably purchase the deluxe edition very soon. Now all I have to do is enter 1100 people. Shocked
I had some duplicate entries in PAF so I have to start from the beginning. Great program. Thanks again Livio!! Very Happy

#25: Re: Update your links or add one! Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:30 pm
    ----
Cathy wrote:
... By the way - I downloaded Legacy from the website and I love it. It is so easy much more user friendly than PAF. I will probably purchase the deluxe edition very soon. Now all I have to do is enter 1100 people. ...

Cathy, open Legacy, Click File > Import > Import from PAF and you are done!

#26: Re: Update your links or add one! Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:40 pm
    ----
Cathy wrote:

I had some duplicate entries in PAF so I have to start from the beginning.

Cathy, don't bother about duplicates, when you are done with your import, click Tools > Merge > Find Duplicates...

#27: Re: Update your links or add one! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:54 pm
    ----
Livio - YOU ROCK!!!! Thanks again - you have come to my rescue, yet again!! kiss

#28: Re: Update your links or add one! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:07 pm
    ----
Livio - I found your picture!
[IMG][/IMG]
A genealogy knight in shining armor! We have Lady Emmy now we have Sir Livio! You just saved me countless hours of work. Thanks again!

adminpower Sorry Cathy, but the picture you posted was covered by copyright so I've had to remove it.... Do please find another one and make a new post for your message.

Where pictures are in public domain without a copyright stamp or 'owners mark' like Stockphoto use, then the owners have not asked for private domain status and so these can be used by anyone on condition that they are not used as advertising material. BUT - if they do show a copyright mark then they can only be used on payment of a fee to the owner. There are also numerous sites where the photographic content is in the public domain and have free access.

If you want to use a photo from something like an 'ordinary' Google search then using it in a post is OK - but if you want it for a permanent display you must get permission. A good example was the photo of the mountain range on my 'blog' - that belonged to a small company in San Francisco and I had to write to him for permission to use it and tell him what for. He checked out my 'blog'and gave me permission on condition that I posted a credit back to him...which I did.

#29: Re: Update your links or add one! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:13 pm
    ----
Embarassed How about this? Not as nice as the other one but I think it is copyright free.

Livio - I found your picture!
A genealogy knight in shining armor! We have Lady Emmy now we have Sir Livio! You just saved me countless hours of work. Thanks again!

Edited by Admin to replace Cathy's original message

#30: Re: Update your links or add one! Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:22 pm
    ----
Grazie!

-> General Discussion Groups