Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: What is this document?
-> Translations

#1: What is this document? Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:47 pm
    ----
I am finally in the records of the 1840's. (yeah!) I was looking at Processetti records (documents pertaining to marriage banns) and came across a number of documents and notes I do not understand. My knowledge of Italian is very limited. But, I am very curious. I hope no one minds if I post some of these documents. I do not necessarily need an exact translation, I just want to know what their purpose was or a general idea of what they say. I have linked 2 pages below of what appear to be notes. These type of notes show up after birth acts and or death acts. So far, for 1849 and 1850 these notes almost always appear after copies of previously recorded acts (like birth and death) and are signed by the mayor (I think) as well as other people. Any help is appreciated.

montaltouffugo.googlep...itano1.jpg

montaltouffugo.googlep...itano2.jpg

#2: Re: What is this document? Author: ItalysearcherLocation: Sora, Italy PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:49 pm
    ----
They look like confirmations of their eligibility to marry by the local authorities. The second one at least says celibe (unmarried).

-> Translations