Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Anyone know if this is a surname and what it may mean?
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Anyone know if this is a surname and what it may mean? Author: johnlabarberaLocation: Katy Texas USA PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:45 pm
    ----
Fontanetta Biaga

#2: Re: Anyone know if this is a surname and what it may mean? Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:50 pm
    ----
Hi John

I checked on steve morse site and there were 68 Fontanetta's that had manifests. Many were from Burgio Girgenti Sicily and one from Corleone Sicily.

#3: Re: Anyone know if this is a surname and what it may mean? Author: johnlabarberaLocation: Katy Texas USA PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:23 pm
    ----
So Fontanetta is the surname, is there an American version of Biaga, the first name?thanks

#4: Re: Anyone know if this is a surname and what it may mean? Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:14 pm
    ----
Well, Biaga does not sound like an Italian first name.
If you post the original document, I can try to help you.

#5: Re: Anyone know if this is a surname and what it may mean? Author: johnlabarberaLocation: Katy Texas USA PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:47 pm
    ----
maybe its biaggia

www.geocities.com/Hear...ame.html#I

#6: Re: Anyone know if this is a surname and what it may mean? Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:07 pm
    ----
Hi John,

I believe Livio would like you to post the document with the name (birth act, marriage, death etc.)

#7: Re: Anyone know if this is a surname and what it may mean? Author: johnlabarberaLocation: Katy Texas USA PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:11 pm
    ----
It was a request from a friend I do not have the document but will see if she wants to send it for review....sorry I thought I posted that but must not have pushed the button!!!

#8: Re: Anyone know if this is a surname and what it may mean? Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:22 pm
    ----
Great, we'd be more than happy to help her!

#9: Re: Anyone know if this is a surname and what it may mean? Author: johnlabarberaLocation: Katy Texas USA PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:24 am
    ----

Here it is!

#10: Re: Anyone know if this is a surname and what it may mean? Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:45 am
    ----
The surname is clearly BIAGIA and the Italian White Pages shows that there is only ONE Biagia on the phone in Italy
>HERE<

>THIS< however shows 14 listings with the name biagia incorporated. Some in 'double barrelled names. These are in Sicily BTW:

#11: Re: Anyone know if this is a surname and what it may mean? Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:40 am
    ----
In my humble opinion Fontanetta is the surname and Biagia is the given name.
Biagia is the feminine of Biagio.

-> General Discussion Groups