Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Help with Reply from Gerace in Italian
-> Translations

#1: Help with Reply from Gerace in Italian Author: FloraLocation: Pittsburgh PA, USA PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:12 pm
    ----
Hello Everyone,

I am hoping someone can help me translate the response from Gerace Italy regarding my request for the birth acts of my grandmother's parents. I think it says they can't find them, but really don't have a clue. Help!!!!!! Any suggestions on what I can do next to find them? My grandmother had a sister..should I try to get her birth act? I do have an approximate year of birth. Otherwise, I am kind of at a brick wall.

The next request I will have is for my grandfather's parents, and hope I have more luck.

Nuccia has been so helpful in telling me what to write in my requests. Thanks, Nuccia!!

Flora

#2: Re: Help with Reply from Gerace in Italian Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:20 pm
    ----
Flora,

I believe the letter states that for records previous to 1880 you need to write the comune of Locri.

Biff

#3: Re: Help with Reply from Gerace in Italian Author: FloraLocation: Pittsburgh PA, USA PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:32 pm
    ----
Thank you, Biff...now, if I just can get their address...! I know that is Nuccia's ancestors' hometown, so I am hoping she sees this and sends the address if she has it.

Regards,
Flora

#4: Re: Help with Reply from Gerace in Italian Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:51 pm
    ----
I just saw this Floras..its funny but I just answered your email about this form the other day. My PC was down so I couldn't do much. I didn't get a chance to read it before so I'll have a look now. If it says to write to Locri then I do have an address. They can be a bit slow but they do always answer (so far).

#5: Re: Help with Reply from Gerace in Italian Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:54 pm
    ----
This is a full translation for you... hope that helps.

Object: Request for an integral copy of the birth certificate of Giovanni Scoleri born in Gerace (RC) in about 1859 and an integral copy of the birth certificate of Tommaso Musuraca born in Gerace (RC) in about 1857.

In reference to your request I have to advise that that it is not possible to release the certificates requested because the Registers held in this Comune refer to the years from 1880 onwards, the Registers regarding the preceding years are to be found in the archives of the Comune in Locri (RC).

#6: Re: Help with Reply from Gerace in Italian Author: FloraLocation: Pittsburgh PA, USA PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:02 pm
    ----
Thank you, Carole...I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing anything. Also, it helps me familiarize myself with the language...
Regards,
Flora

#7: Re: Help with Reply from Gerace in Italian Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:23 pm
    ----
Flora will get the address for you tonight...I actually ..well hang on..I think I have it here...

Ufficio Anagrafe
Comune di Locri
Via Matteotti
89044 Locri (RC)
Italia

#8: Re: Help with Reply from Gerace in Italian Author: FloraLocation: Pittsburgh PA, USA PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:28 pm
    ----
Thanks, Nuccia...another request going out tomorrow!!! Who knows..we may be distant relatives Rolling Eyes

#9: Re: Help with Reply from Gerace in Italian Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:42 pm
    ----
Hey you never know..we just might be...lol kiss

-> Translations