Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Cost of Records
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Cost of Records Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:42 pm
    ----
I have sent for many records for my family members. I know what the cost is in Tunisia but what are the possible costs in Italy. I have found nothing to even give me a clue as to the cost of a birth act, etc.

Does anyone know? Wink

I am prepared for the requests from Tunisia but not really for Italy itself.

Thanks,

lilbees

#2: Re: Cost of Records Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:44 pm
    ----
I have never been charged for birth records from Italy. I enclose an self-addressed envelope (no stamp). Sometimes they use the envelope, sometimes they do not. I think the cost differs from town to town.

#3: Re: Cost of Records Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:50 pm
    ----
Whoops! Didn't enclose self-addressed envelope. Hope that doesn't make a difference????

Just a general cost idea would help............

lilbees

#4: Re: Cost of Records Author: Cathy PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:03 pm
    ----
I recently requested records from Paola in Cosenza Province and they returned the stamp. I wouldn't worry yet.

#5: Re: Cost of Records Author: charliemisLocation: Philadelphia PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:11 am
    ----
I have probably received close to 100 docs from two different communes that I have received over a 4-5 year period and I have never been charged for anything --- one time when I visited Corato I received almost 30 different records from L'Ufficio di Stato Civile (I went there in person and I gave the Officer a small gift from Philadelphia); my cousin's husband in Foggia, who had worked there in the Municipio at Foggia couldn't believe it ---he was shocked.

A side note -- the woman who ran the Office of the Anagrafe in Corato had told me a year before that all the records were destroyed (spoken to my Italian cousin, who believed her) --- don't give up.

#6: Re: Cost of Records Author: Cathy PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:15 am
    ----
The later records in Cortale were destroyed in WWII according to what they told my cousin too. Riccardo told me that every year the comune's are required to send a copy of all that years records to the province offices so even if the records from the town are gone, the comune should be able to obtain copies from the province. Although Cortake has never responded to my requests. Crying or Very sad I have heard the same from others seeking Cortale records.

-> General Discussion Groups