Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Let's start a project...
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Let's start a project... Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:20 am
    ----
To create a page incorporating a link to all Italian Towns with actual vital records or extractions online. I want to make a comprehensive page, and even though there are many like this online, there are always towns missing on one and not the other. Its a database I will check regularly for broken links and remove/add.

For those of you who know me, you know I have always been trying to get more Towns online, if I had the time (My Carini website takes up every free moment I have lately.. I keep adding records) I would so tackle another town.

Please post here any that you know of, or sites that link to towns. I don't believe there would be copyright issues if we merely linked to the same town records that they do right?

Thanks!!

#2: Re: Let's start a project... Author: Cathy PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:31 am
    ----
A link would not incur copyright infringement as long as you do not claim it is your site. I have many of these towns and will post them by province tonight.

#3: Re: Let's start a project... Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:32 am
    ----
Awesome! Smile

#4: Re: Let's start a project... Author: VincenzaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:44 am
    ----
Are you talking about something like this site.

Fontechiari, Frosinone Records

www.rootsweb.com/~itacfont/

#5: Re: Let's start a project... Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:41 pm
    ----
I'm talking about ANY website which has any vital record information in Any format. Extractions, actual images, Gedcom's etc.

I admit there are a ton of different ways people present their data, but it's all useful in the end. I would not want to include sites which host specific surname extractions unless they were comprehensive and not spotty.

There is even a cool website for my Great-Grandmothers town of Valle di Cadore (Provincia di Belluno) which has the entire church records 1500s-1800's extracted into an interactive Website, where all the families are connected and interlinked if they married.

He (Roberto Piccioli) states:

" a full genealogical tree of the entire Mondolfo town and Valle di Cadore town (at the moment there are 31090 individuals in the tree) "

It's the coolest presentation I have seen yet, and has full indexes and you can print your own custom reports/generate gedcoms from the site.

www.piccioli.com/genea...ione_e.php

I want to do this eventually myself for Carini. Right now I have a complete extracted database of the church records from 1538-1727, thanks to my cousin Michel Alcamo.

#6: Re: Let's start a project... Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:37 pm
    ----
Sounds great, Jim!

Was thinking about this all day today and I think it would be an excellent resource if presented correctly. Lets see what we can come up with.

#7: Re: Let's start a project... Author: LauraLocation: Italy - Liguria PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:39 pm
    ----
Ciao James! Very Happy
Don't know if I understood well but, recently I found this one:

ricerchefamiliari.lomb...mondo.org/

Il servizio consente di accedere alla banca dati creata dall’Archivio di Stato di Mantova, che comprende i nominativi registrati nelle liste di Leva militare, relativi alla popolazione maschile residente nella Provincia. Finora sono disponibili i dati dei nati nel periodo 1870-1890 residenti in uno dei 70 Comuni della Provincia.

Military enlistment for people born in the period 1870/1890 in all the comunes of Mantova Province (Lombardia region)...

Laura

#8: Re: Let's start a project... Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:43 pm
    ----
That's a great site Laura I wish every province in every region had this!

#9: Re: Let's start a project... Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:43 pm
    ----
Edit..........duplicate post

Last edited by BillieDeKid on Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

#10: Re: Let's start a project... Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:44 pm
    ----
Wow Laura, great site! (Now if I could only read Italian fluently)

I think that would be definitely worth linking to when the site begins.

And Nuccia, if all of us put our minds to this project, it could be a wonderful resource!

Very Happy

#11: Re: Let's start a project... Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:48 pm
    ----
JamesBianco wrote:
Wow Laura, great site! (Now if I could only read Italian fluently)

I think that would be definitely worth linking to when the site begins.

And Nuccia, if all of us put our minds to this project, it could be a wonderful resource!

Very Happy

I agree! And Laura, I also think thats a great site. Vincenza, the one you linked is also great.

Maybe I'll get a chance one day to get all my records up too and then we can add it.! Very Happy

#12: Re: Let's start a project... Author: LauraLocation: Italy - Liguria PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:10 pm
    ----
Thanks! Very Happy

this is another useful site:

www.archivi-sias.it/

In the section "Strumenti di Ricerca - Consulta gli inventari on-line" we can see the heritages in the various state archives of Italy... and we can also see what of their documentations is filled on computer....I think it's a little difficult to navigate and unfortunately is only in italian...

#13: Re: Let's start a project... Author: ricbruLocation: TRENTO - ITALIA PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:50 pm
    ----
This is a great project.
I'm sure you all know this link below

www.sersale.org/comunes.htm
bye Riccardo

#14: Re: Let's start a project... Author: Cathy PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:06 pm
    ----
Here is part 1 of my list. Of course, I have a lot of sites bookmarked at home. This is what I came up with on my lunch hour. This is just Calabria sites I already knew about.
Cosenza
Malito
freepages.genealogy.ro...index.html
Marano Marchesato, Cosenza
www.rootsweb.com/~ilfmm/index.html
San Marco Argentano, Cosenza
www.comune.sanmarcoargentano.cs.it/

No real records but a very interesting site regarding Lago in Cosenza.
salidaarchive.org/page...neers.html

Reggio Calabria

Africo
mangeruca.freeservers....frico.html

I'll have much more tonight since I cannot go to the FHC. We are expecting another 12 inches of snow! Shocked

Last edited by Cathy on Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

#15: Re: Let's start a project... Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:07 pm
    ----
Cathy wrote:
Here is part 1 of my list. Of course, I have a lot of sites bookmarked at home. This is what I came up with on my lunch hour.
Malito
freepages.genealogy.ro...index.html
Marano Marchesato, Cosenza
www.rootsweb.com/~ilfmm/index.html
San Marco Argentano, Cosenza
www.comune.sanmarcoargentano.cs.it/

No real records but a very interesting site regarding Lago in Cosenza.
salidaarchive.org/page...neers.html

Reggio Calabria
Africo
mangeruca.freeservers....frico.html

I'll have much more tonight since I cannot go to the FHC. We are expecting another 12 inches of snow! Shocked

Awesome!! kiss

-> General Discussion Groups