Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: The Boys from San Mango
-> Music

#1: The Boys from San Mango Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:46 pm
    ----
Open the following link and then click on any and all of the video links to the left. A few of my paesani from San Mango d'Aquino celebrating this past Christmas and New Year season in fine Calabrese fashion.

Play La Societa' first but only after you've opened a bottle of Italian vino and had a few.

Salute!!

www.sanmangomia.it/fol...index.html

Biff

#2: Re: The Boys from San Mango Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:12 am
    ----
Nice party! But some way sad: women were missing Wink

BTW, La società dei magnaccioni is from Roma Razz

#3: Re: The Boys from San Mango Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:35 am
    ----
Nice Biff! A celebration is always good!

#4: Re: The Boys from San Mango Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:42 am
    ----
What a fun video. It reminds me of old family parties when I was young. Except it's about 20 people shy - probably the women! Very Happy And the mandolin is missing... I really wish I could remember some of the songs they used to sing.

#5: Re: The Boys from San Mango Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:29 pm
    ----
Great post Biff!

#6: Re: The Boys from San Mango Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:33 pm
    ----
Hi Elizabeth,

My fellow sanmanghese are very devoted to and proud of their native village of San Mango d'Aquino. There are four sites devoted to San Mango. I've posted some of these before but will do so again so you can check them out if you'd like. Tons of information and pictures on the history of the village, its language and culture.

www.g-site.com/sanmango/index.html

www.sanmango.org/

www.fotosanmango.it/

www.sanmangomia.it/

Biff

#7: Re: The Boys from San Mango Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:25 pm
    ----
Biff I just got through the first site, did you check out the video - Fiordaliso performs "Non Voglio Mica La Luna". I love it. You should post that to the music forum!! By itself (is what I mean) Smile

#8: Re: The Boys from San Mango Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:23 am
    ----
BillieDeKid wrote:
Biff I just got through the first site, did you check out the video - Fiordaliso performs "Non Voglio Mica La Luna". I love it. You should post that to the music forum!! By itself (is what I mean) Smile

The first site, and the video of Fioraliso, belong to Lorenzo Gigliotti from California whose family comes from San Mango. He was married to Elisa Moraca who also came from San Mango. After their marriage, they settled in Southern California. When I first began my genealogical journey last October, I contacted Lorenzo a number of times to ask questions about San Mango and his website. Unknown to me, his wife Elisa was in the hospital at the time, the victim of a horrific traffic accident. Despite having to deal with this tragedy, Lorenzo never failed to answer my questions. Tragically, Elisa died in early November of last year leaving Lorenzo a young widower with a couple of children. Very, very sad. Lorenzo established a website to honor her and the link is below. Make sure to view the moving video tribute to Lisa in the Multimedia section.
www.ourlisa.org/

Biff

#9: Re: The Boys from San Mango Author: Cathy PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:16 am
    ----
Wow Biff. Very touching. I really like the poems too. Its so sad, but she looks like she had a great life.

#10: Re: The Boys from San Mango Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:22 am
    ----
Biff

I just finished watching the video. Crying or Very sad She looked like she really enjoyed her life, family and friends. I will keep her family in my prayers.

Thanks for sharing this, sort of puts things into perspective doesn't it?

kiss

-> Music