Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: SURNAME Database -- Please read!!
-> About Us

#46: Re: SURNAME Database -- Please read!! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:04 pm
    ----
Of course, Charlie..perhaps she was having a bad day! That can happen to the best of us, no? I spoke to James about this and he just meant they had a difference of opinion on that occasion and nothing more. He highly respects her and her work..I hope I'm not talking of of turn here, James.....

#47: Re: SURNAME Database -- Please read!! Author: charliemisLocation: Philadelphia PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:54 pm
    ----
JamesBianco wrote:
nuccia wrote:
Thanks for the info James..I may talk to you more about that. I didn't realize she also ran www.comunesofitaly.org

That site is always changing. I miss some of her older stuff that is no longer there.

I didn't know she ran that site, to be honest communication between us has been difficult. She sent me a nasty email because of something I had on my Rootsweb database which stated a woman who had been married in Carini was from Termini. It was information given to me by one of my Yahoo Forum members, and I had no way to verify it, so I took her at her word.

Laura was not satisfied until I had corrected the entry. As polite as I was to her, she was rather short with me and not very friendly.

Anyway...

She does appear to have put a lot of work into her site(s). I have to admire her for that and am (as you can imagine) thrilled to have so much online for yet another Italian/Sicilian town.

Smile

Hi James,

I have dealt with Laura (via email on the Communes of Italy) and she has always been very helpful and always friendly ---- I am surprised to hear your comments ---- maybe she was having a bad day -----

#48: Re: SURNAME Database -- Please read!! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:17 pm
    ----
Sure Cathy..I have a few other names to add too so I'll put them on my list.

#49: Re: SURNAME Database -- Please read!! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:34 pm
    ----
At long last I have 2 new names for the surname database. Nuccia, can you please add Filippo and Licciardi to my surnames? Both are from Montalto Uffugo in Cosenza. Thanks! Very Happy

#50: Re: SURNAME Database -- Please read!! Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:18 pm
    ----
nuccia wrote:
Thanks for the info James..I may talk to you more about that. I didn't realize she also ran www.comunesofitaly.org

That site is always changing. I miss some of her older stuff that is no longer there.

I didn't know she ran that site, to be honest communication between us has been difficult. She sent me a nasty email because of something I had on my Rootsweb database which stated a woman who had been married in Carini was from Termini. It was information given to me by one of my Yahoo Forum members, and I had no way to verify it, so I took her at her word.

Laura was not satisfied until I had corrected the entry. As polite as I was to her, she was rather short with me and not very friendly.

Anyway...

She does appear to have put a lot of work into her site(s). I have to admire her for that and am (as you can imagine) thrilled to have so much online for yet another Italian/Sicilian town.

Smile

#51: Re: SURNAME Database -- Please read!! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:40 pm
    ----

#52: Re: SURNAME Database -- Please read!! Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:18 pm
    ----
charliemis wrote:
[b]Hi Nuccia,

I think some folks have already extracted the records from Termini (if it is the same town you are looking for), check out the following:

Laura Johnson
RNGADE57 @ madisontelco.com

The Termini-Imerese Database
www.termini-imerese.org

The Comunes of Italy Database
www.comunesofitaly.org

Laura runs both groups and I have been a member of the Cmmunes of Italy Group for about 5 years. I think they have a CD which they will make available for a nominal fee to cover production costs.

Buona Fortuna, Charlie

From what I understand Laura charges $50. a year to access the records online. We have exchanged information a couple times as I maintain a similiar site/database for Carini (which is not too far away from Termini) and there were quite a few families who migrated from one town to the other.

#53: Re: SURNAME Database -- Please read!! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:22 pm
    ----
The following names have been added to the database:

Sapienza from Belpasso, Catania, Sicily

Russo from Catania, Catania Sicily
Russo from S. Augusta, Siracusa Sicily
Tringali from S. Augusta, Siracusa Sicily
Sanguedolce from Catania, Catania Sicily
Brillo from Catania, Catania Sicily
Mercanti from Castelbuono, Palermo Sicily

Ludovico from Calabria
Bruzzini from Calabria

#54: Re: SURNAME Database -- Please read!! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:31 pm
    ----
This week, these surnames have been added...

Pollifrone, Benestare, Reggio Calabria

Ponzo, Floresta, Messina

De Mare, Albi, Catanzaro

Sarni, Albi, Catanzaro

Condo,Sant'Eufemia D' Aspromonte, Reggio Calabria

Tripodi, Sinopoli, Reggio Calabria

#55: Re: SURNAME Database -- Please read!! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:46 am
    ----
Well its been a heck of a week...several surnames added to the database. Over 40 names today alone between two posters..

They are as follows..

The following are from Salerno, Campania.
Caputo, Christofaro, DelGrippo, Ferrara, Penta, Ruggiero and Vuocolo.

From Potenza, Basilicata.
Angerami, Bruno, Calabrese, Casolaro, Catoggio, Grande, Montano, Priore, Sagaria, Serafino, Toce and Viola.

From Chieti, Abruzzo.
DeStefano, DiBabbo, D’Ortona, Melchiorre, Pili, Romandini and Troilo.

From Cozenza, Calabria.
Alberti, Caparelli, Carnavale, Iaconetti, Lanzilotti, Lombardo, Mazzura, Mollo, Oriolo, and Ruffo.

From Piacenza, Emilia Romagna.
Cagnani, Scarpa and Zavattoni.

From Campobasso, Molise.
Zampino

Surname: Tomaselli
Comune: Pedara
Province: Catania
Region: Sicily

Surname: Laudani

Surname: Pappalardo

#56: Re: SURNAME Database -- Please read!! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:06 am
    ----
This weeks added names:

Anzalone
Catalano
Rescigno
Virzi

#57: Re: SURNAME Database -- Please read!! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:05 am
    ----
Thanks Charlie..I've looked into your suggestion and will let you know how it goes!

#58: Re: SURNAME Database -- Please read!! Author: charliemisLocation: Philadelphia PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:21 am
    ----
[b]Hi Nuccia,

I think some folks have already extracted the records from Termini (if it is the same town you are looking for), check out the following:

Laura Johnson
RNGADE57 @ madisontelco.com

The Termini-Imerese Database
www.termini-imerese.org

The Comunes of Italy Database
www.comunesofitaly.org

Laura runs both groups and I have been a member of the Cmmunes of Italy Group for about 5 years. I think they have a CD which they will make available for a nominal fee to cover production costs.

Buona Fortuna, Charlie

#59: Re: SURNAME Database -- Please read!! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:20 pm
    ----
DeeJay75 wrote:
Hey Nuccia,

I know. I was getting worried. I've been trying for a while.

Sounds good. They're both in Sicily. Do i need to enter the provinces too?

I'll definitely do that!
Cheers,
Dave

Dave...got the microfilms for Termini on loan at the FHC and I hope I can look them over on Tuesday. I forgot that they've been there all along and was just reviewing all my files from last year and found them. Embarassed They are as follows:

Registri dello stato civile, 1820-1910 Termini Imerese (Palermo). Ufficio dello stato civile
Nascite 1877-1886

Registri dello stato civile, 1820-1910 Termini Imerese (Palermo). Ufficio dello stato civile
Registri dello stato civile, 1820-1910 Villaurea (Palermo). Ufficio dello stato civile
Nascite 1897-1910

Registri dello stato civile, 1820-1910 Villaurea (Palermo). Ufficio dello stato civile
Matrimoni 1885-1910

Atti diversi 1862-1865 Pubblicazioni di matrimonio 1862-1865 Atti di cittadinanza 1866-1910 Morti 1862-1870

Morti 1870-1890

Morti 1891-1910 Indici (nascite, morti, matrimoni, atti di cittadinanza) 1886-1895

Registri dello stato civile, 1820-1910 Petralia Soprana (Palermo). Ufficio dello stato civile
Nati 1894-1910 -- Matrimoni, pubblicazioni di matrimonio 1862-1876.

Morti 1864-1885 -- Indice decennale dei morti 1885-1896 -- Morti 1886-1910 -- Atti di cittadinanza 1866-1884 -- Indice decennale degli atti di cittadinanza 1885-1896 -- Atti di cittadinanza 1888-1909 -- Pubblicazioni di matrimonio 1862-1865 -- Atti diversi 1862-1865.

With any luck, I should be able to get some documents for your Giuffre side. We still need to work on your Grandmothers side though.

#60: Re: SURNAME Database -- Please read!! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:53 pm
    ----
This weeks added names:

Adamo
Amato
Aragona
Astorino
Belsito
Canino
Cristiano
Crispino
Daniele
Fabiano