Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: SURNAME Database -- Please read!!
-> About Us

#91: Re: SURNAME Database -- Please read!! Author: DaveFerroLocation: Auburn NY PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:45 am
    ----
Cathy,
I just looked at your two websites and that is how they should be: beautiful and full of easy to navigate information. When I saw the Catanzaro Province, I thought wait a minute, that's the married name of my foster dad's sister. The Basiles came from Casamassima, Puglia but another aunt came from Calabria; her maiden name was Trapani...she visted family in Calabria and then went to visit Trapani, Sicily. Have you wondered how so many surnames just happen to be names of towns, cities and provinces?

I'll look for the manifests you mentioned in my wanderings. Now I can use your links to look for the Catanzaros and Trapanis AND for my mom's uncle Dominick DiFabio (changed to DeFabian here). Sigh...now I have to add those to the Surname Database.

Dave

#92: Re: SURNAME Database -- Please read!! Author: DaveFerroLocation: Auburn NY PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:30 am
    ----
Liz,
Thank you for adding the surnames. I'll have to get after my cousins, but then they're waiting for me to find out for them! I'm going to check the database tonight.

Dave

#93: Re: SURNAME Database -- Please read!! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:49 pm
    ----
Your brave Nuccia - now you know Liz is going to whap you!!
hide

#94: Re: SURNAME Database -- Please read!! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:45 pm
    ----
Quote::
don't have access to that. I just keep myself to the database page as I'm not risking another forum blow-up Wink

Chicken! lol lol peep

#95: Re: SURNAME Database -- Please read!! Author: chanchisfea PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:24 pm
    ----
DJ, your two surnames have been added to the database. Welcome to the forum!! Wink

Dave, I added all those surnames with province abbreviations...whenever your friends/family or someone in this forum can verify the province for the surnames that do not have one yet, then I can add them to the database, ok. Welcome to the forum!! Very Happy

Bob, the previous data URL is being forwarded to the new data URL. Either Nuccia or the forum genious (LOL) needs to change the html code (that links to the database page) found in the main page of this forum...I don't have access to that. I just keep myself to the database page as I'm not risking another forum blow-up Wink

Liz Cool

#96: Re: SURNAME Database -- Please read!! Author: DaveFerroLocation: Auburn NY PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:21 am
    ----
Hi Liz,

The site's new look is very clean and easy to use - Thanks again!

Here are the names I'm researching, though it keeps expanding to more of the family.

Augello, Bissi, Iacono all from Siculiana (AG);
Basile, Casamassima(BA) ;
Bianchi, Corfinio(AQ);
Ciarla, Ripabottoni (CB)
Colucci, Sant' Elia a Pianisi (CB)
De(i)Marzio, Gatto, Colletorto (CB)
Ferro (from Ferri) Civitella del Tronto (TE);
Nervina(o) Ripabottoni (CB)
Testa, Sant' Elia a Pianisi (CB);

Pisano(),
Impaglia ()
Friends looking also: Vivenzio, Padula (SA);
LoPiccolo(PA)-seems to be Lopicolo originally around Palermo

The open parentheses are where I do not know yet the hometowns. My cousins do not know or remember, but we'll find out little by little.
By from Ferri I mean the surname was Ferri in Italy and DeMarzio was Di Marzio and Nervina was Nervino.

I tried to get them in alphabetical order; maybe we should wait for the unknown commune names.

Thanks for all the work; this must be alot of typing.

Dave

#97: Re: SURNAME Database -- Please read!! Author: DeeJay75 PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:01 am
    ----
w/Provinces:
Giuffre - Termini Imerese (PA)
Martorino - Pachino (SR)
both Sicily... Smile

I'll be sure to check out those pictures too.

DJ

#98: Re: SURNAME Database -- Please read!! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:46 pm
    ----
DeeJay75 wrote:
Hey Nuccia,

I know. I was getting worried. I've been trying for a while.

Sounds good. They're both in Sicily. Do i need to enter the provinces too?

I'll definitely do that!
Cheers,
Dave
Provinces would be helpful for Liz. Sicily? Make sure you check out Riccardo's beautiful pictures from Trapani, Sicily here: www.gentedimaregenealo...p;start=15

#99: Re: SURNAME Database -- Please read!! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:17 pm
    ----
Thanks Bob..

I had the domain stuck with dot5 until 5 minutes ago. I am just transferring it over now to the new host and server. I can't wait until this is over...

#100: Re: SURNAME Database -- Please read!! Author: rfornalLocation: Columbus, Ohio PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:12 pm
    ----
Liz, you need to correct the address to the database ...

... it is now http://www.gentedimaregenealogy.com/data.html

#101: Re: SURNAME Database -- Please read!! Author: DeeJay75 PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:42 pm
    ----
Hey Nuccia,

I know. I was getting worried. I've been trying for a while.

Sounds good. They're both in Sicily. Do i need to enter the provinces too?

I'll definitely do that!
Cheers,
Dave

#102: Re: SURNAME Database -- Please read!! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:26 pm
    ----
Hi Dave..

I'm glad you're finally here. I was starting to worry there for a while! Wink

Liz is going to add your names in the surname database some time this week. She'll let you know when its done.

Meanwhile, check out the site and maybe create a photo album if you like.

kiss

#103: Re: SURNAME Database -- Please read!! Author: DeeJay75 PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:20 pm
    ----
Thanks Cathy!
-Dave

#104: Re: SURNAME Database -- Please read!! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:43 pm
    ----
Hey!! Welcome to the group!! I hope you like it here. If I can be of help, let me know.
party

#105: Re: SURNAME Database -- Please read!! Author: DeeJay75 PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:03 pm
    ----
Hi,

Giuffre - Termini Imerese
Martorino - Pachino

Thanks,
-Dave

-> About Us