Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Hobbies and pastimes!
-> General Discussion Groups

#16: Re: Hobbies and pastimes! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:07 pm
    ----
Emmy, How beautiful!! You are very talented!

#17: Re: Hobbies and pastimes! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:19 pm
    ----
Gina you are very talented. I love the rooms..all of them. Perhaps I need to invite you over her?

Emmy, I know I promised to send a picture a long time ago but I just never get around to doing everything I want to do. Simy has pictures of her..maybe I can ask her to send one?

#18: Re: Hobbies and pastimes! Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:41 pm
    ----
Oh my Gina what a talent!
I should have known you when I had to decorate my whole house after it had been restructured. I'm afraid I went for the 'plain simple country style'. I must have pored through the catlogues for at least five minutes before making my mind up! giornale

But joking apart - your taste is so effective. It shows that quiet, subtle approach that I so admire.... Brava!

#19: Re: Hobbies and pastimes! Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:57 pm
    ----
Oh now Carole, you're making me blush! I appreciate the compliment. I wish I had some drive, dedication and determination to put my talents to good use! Right now, they're just hobbies. Maybe someday....

#20: Re: Hobbies and pastimes! Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:10 pm
    ----
Gina what a wonderful talent you have, please dont let that go to waste!
I think you could be in BIG demand if you made up your mind to do this as a business proposition.
Emmy

#21: Re: Hobbies and pastimes! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:29 pm
    ----
Embarassed Sorry Gina! I missed your post before. I love your rooms. If I had money I would pay you to decorate my house! Embarassed I really need help there! I know what I like but putting it all together takes a talent I do not possess. Confused

#22: Re: Hobbies and pastimes! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:38 pm
    ----
Carole wrote:
Obviously there are things and hobbies that we all have and that we never think to share with others. But this site is a good example of why sharing such things can be fun... how many of you budding (and really advanced) genealogists have found at least a 'bit' of satisfaction in sharing that pastime with others. You all share the documents you've found, seek help in understanding them and share the joy when a particular search uncovers yet another surprise.

Well why can't it be the same with our other hobbies? I could have just said "I have a small collection of rocks and crystals" - yeah, right? But no-one would have known just how small it was, or what it consisted of. So I posted a photo.... I could have also said "I used to paint for pleasure" but without at least one example you would have no idea if I was a budding Michaelangelo or a poor Andy Warhole - would you? Well that's for you to judge..
>A Lion<
>Japanese Warrior<
>Indian Horseman<
My apologies for the poor photos - they are old paitings and had been in storage for years!

It's the same for all of you....I DO know that there is a superb 'animalia' artist among us, but many wont know who, but do I hope they will show you some of their superb work!. Then there are those of you who have hinted at hobbies here on this thread. So why not show us some examples of your talents or interests (where are your earrings Cathy?) - share them with us here...it will all go towards bringing the "Gente" community closer together.
Carole - did you do those paintings? Like Gina's post, I missed yours as well. Embarassed Sorry! I didn't know you were an artist! I love your paintings! Esspecially the one with the Samuai. Unfortunately I cannot photograph my jewelry very well. I have tried but my camera just doesn't photograph them well. But I will be wearing it at Elizabeth's tomorrow so maybe you can get a glimpse of it in the photos we upload tomorrow. I am so excited to finally meet her!! Very Happy

#23: Re: Hobbies and pastimes! Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:56 pm
    ----
Wow! Emmy, those are beautiful pictures! I love the little mouse. Gina, those rooms are beautiful! You should go on one of those design shows on TLC!

#24: Re: Hobbies and pastimes! Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:23 pm
    ----
Carole and Emmy.........wow, you're both very talented, I loved all the pictures. Gina!!! What a talent - I sure could use you for my house.

#25: Re: Hobbies and pastimes! Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:27 pm
    ----
I am posting this for Carnie (Mike) who is having a little trouble today with the photos. He writes:

Hi Gina,

I was trying to add an attachment, to the Hobbies & Pastimes section in the General Discussion section in Gente. Sadly I failed, would you do me a favour and attach these photo's for me please.
I was going to write the following:

"In my spare time my hobby is woodworking, these are some of the many things I have made" What a talented bunch of people we all are on Gente.

Thanks in anticipation ,
Mike.
Ps Your decor was stunning.

#26: Re: Hobbies and pastimes! Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:28 pm
    ----
And I get to be the first to say:

Carnie...that's TALENT with a capital "T"!!!

#27: Re: Hobbies and pastimes! Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:41 pm
    ----
Mike your work is unbelievable!! Looks like I have to get you and Gina both to my house for a make over!!

#28: Re: Hobbies and pastimes! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:52 pm
    ----
Ok..I guess it my turn. Carole told me I wasn't allowed to say what I really like to do so I'm not sure whats left.. but I'll try and think of something anyway.

I like to sew, crochet and knit (even if i do knit backwards) and made most of the kids clothes when they were younger. Thankfully I have a daughter who I can still have fun designing clothes for. I love to read as well. Now, after seeing Carnies woodworking I have to confess to a little secret..

I love woodworking and power tools. I even have my own router, scroll saw and a few other tools that I "play" with when I get the chance. A few years ago, my husband, brother and father decided to take them away from me because they were afraid I would get hurt (I think they were afraid of my temper) and so now I can only use them supervised!

I also love to powerwash things (ok, not really a hobby but none the less a lot of fun). In the summer I spend a lot of time outdoors powerwashing everything..ok, silly but thats just me I guess.

#29: Re: Hobbies and pastimes! Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:18 am
    ----
Carnie has a real talent. I have to confess that I watch a lot of HGTV and get many ideas from there. (That's Home and Garden Television for our overseas friends).

#30: Re: Hobbies and pastimes! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:23 am
    ----
WOW!! Outstanding work Mike! Amazing!

-> General Discussion Groups