Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Best Travel Plans - USA to Italy/Sicily - Advice???
-> General Discussion Groups

#31: Re: Best Travel Plans - USA to Italy/Sicily - Advice??? Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:32 pm
    ----
Last time I went was in the fall 2006, and I packed clothes that I would wear to NYC, for instance, meaning a little more sharp than I would wear at home. I wore comfortable black shoes that were like Easy Spirit or Clark's (in other words, they had the comfort of sneakers, but were not sneakers). I brought jeans and black pants and dressed them up with sweaters and scarves. My DH brought collared polo shirts and pants like dockers, and maybe some jeans. At least shorts are an option...we have been invited to join my cousins in Calabria in August and I am imagining that it will be very hot.

#32: Re: Best Travel Plans - USA to Italy/Sicily - Advice??? Author: LauraLocation: Italy - Liguria PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:00 am
    ----
johnlabarbera wrote:
well we are booked heading to sicily June 17th, my cousins there will host us...I plan to stay in Bagheria and visit Gibellina and Salaparuta where I also have found cousins...mama mia!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP IN ITALY JOHN!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Laura

#33: Re: Best Travel Plans - USA to Italy/Sicily - Advice??? Author: johnlabarberaLocation: Katy Texas USA PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:05 am
    ----
Thanks Laura for your help! We are waiting on the limo to the airport to leave for Italy as I type! I will be staying with my new found cousins in Sicily!

Last edited by johnlabarbera on Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

#34: Re: Best Travel Plans - USA to Italy/Sicily - Advice??? Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:13 am
    ----
Good luck John!!! Have a great time and a safe trip. Post photo's as you tour!!!!

#35: Re: Best Travel Plans - USA to Italy/Sicily - Advice??? Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:47 am
    ----
Enjoy your vacation John and make sure you take lots of pictures to share with us when you get back!

#36: Re: Best Travel Plans - USA to Italy/Sicily - Advice??? Author: johnlabarberaLocation: Katy Texas USA PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:10 pm
    ----
Well...I am now somewhat what of an expert...bottom line...wear what you want....even the Italians were wearing shorts and tennis shoes in the heat...I way overpacked...dress cool and comfortable...be yourself...they will still love you...and be sure to cover your shoulders if you go to the cathedrals in Rome...

-> General Discussion Groups