Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Photo from Cousins in Sicily!!!!
-> Photo Swap and Fix It Shop

#1: Photo from Cousins in Sicily!!!! Author: johnlabarberaLocation: Katy Texas USA PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:25 pm
    ----
I received my first email from my cousins from Sicily today....

Here is a photo they attached..

The email says...

Chi ti scrive è la nipote di Giuseppa La Barbera, sposata D'Amato. Mia
mamma si chiamava Sebastiana come tua nomma. Ricordo che mia madre mi
raccontava che sua madre voleva chiamarla Agnese come sua sorella che
era morta. Mia madre è nata nel 1921, quindi questa Agnese era già
morta. Nel frattempo, prima che mia madre nascesse è morta sua madre e
così è stata chiamata Sebastiana. Ti allego una antica foto con tutta
la famiglia D'Amato. In seguito cercherò di rimandarti la foto con
tutti i nomi dei personaggi.
Peccato che ti sei fatto vivo solo adesso, perchè io e mio marito
siamo venuti a Chicago a ottobre del 2007, poi mio marito Ezio Pagano è
tornato a dicembre per organizzare una mostra alla Dominican University
di River Forest nell'Illinois. Alcuni anni addietro, credo nel 2005 era
venuto per organizzare un'altra mostra a Miami. In queste occasioni vi
sareste potuto incontrare. Se mi mandi il tuo indirizzo preciso e i
tuoi recapi telefonici, nel caso dovessimo tornare negli USA (mio marito
sicuramente tornerà) faremo il possibile per incontrarci. Infatti ad
ottobre quando siamo venuti ci siamo incontrati con i figli di Joe
D'Amato, fratello di mia madre, mentre a dicembre quando è tornato mio
marito, mentre lui si trovava a Chicago è morto lo zio Giò D'Amato e mio
marito è andato al funerale.
Se vuoi
sapere notizie su di noi basta che ti colleghi al sito del Museum di
Bagheria e trovi tutto, indirizzo etc, la sede del museo è casa nostra
perchè il museo è privato, cioè nostro e mio marito è anche il
direttore. il sito è: www.museum-bagheria.it Per il momento ti saluto,
ciao, Anna ed Ezio

#2: Re: Photo from Cousins in Sicily!!!! Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:17 pm
    ----
John this is fantastic. I can't believe they were here in Chicago in Oct. 2007!!!! You could have met them for sure! And with Anna's husband being the director of the museum of Bagheria, looks like he travels to the USA a bit. I hope you get to meet your cousin soon.

Congratulations!!

#3: Re: Photo from Cousins in Sicily!!!! Author: johnlabarberaLocation: Katy Texas USA PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:19 pm
    ----
I need to find Joe D'Amato family in Chicago I have been looking for them for years!!! I hope they might know what happended to John and Anthony LaBarbera their uncles as well!!! Help!!!

#4: Re: Photo from Cousins in Sicily!!!! Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:55 pm
    ----
In October they met with the sons of Joe D'Amato. Joe and Anna's mom were brother and sister. It looks like Joe was deceased. Do you know any of Joe's son's names? I live just outside of Chicago and could certainly give them a call for you to find out if they are your relatives or not. Let me know if you know any of their names.

#5: Re: Photo from Cousins in Sicily!!!! Author: johnlabarberaLocation: Katy Texas USA PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:03 pm
    ----
thanks I am asking for that now!!! because of my genealogy research recently we found cousins in rockford ill and i am sending my mom and dad to see them in march, this is awesome thanks so much for everyone's help!

#6: Re: Photo from Cousins in Sicily!!!! Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:00 pm
    ----
kiss

#7: Re: Photo from Cousins in Sicily!!!! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:03 pm
    ----
John,

What a nice email and beautiful picture. Hopefully you will be able to track the family in Chicago down. You go Billie!

#8: Re: Photo from Cousins in Sicily!!!! Author: chanchisfea PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:48 pm
    ----
Hi John, here is your picture...looking a tad better Wink

If you are going to post the pictures in here and you want them to be restored, you don't need to email them to me unless you are having problems uploading pictures, ok.

I'll get to work on the "golf" picture sometime during the next day or so...

Liz Cool

#9: Re: Photo from Cousins in Sicily!!!! Author: johnlabarberaLocation: Katy Texas USA PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:57 pm
    ----
ok liz you're awesome

#10: Re: Photo from Cousins in Sicily!!!! Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:53 pm
    ----
You amaze me Liz!

#11: Re: Photo from Cousins in Sicily!!!! Author: VincenzaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:59 pm
    ----
GREAT JOB LIZ!!!!

#12: Re: Photo from Cousins in Sicily!!!! Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:24 pm
    ----
That was a wonderful note, John. Were these the relatives you were trying to contact? They answered you very quickly!

-> Photo Swap and Fix It Shop