Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: What is this document?
-> Translations

#1: What is this document? Author: Cathy PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:24 am
    ----
I have found this with the 1850 documents pertaining to marriage and would like to know what it says (a word for word is not necessary - just the basics is fine). I would also like to know what it is if anyone knows (although a translation may make that clear). Thanks.

MARIA ROSARIA NAPOLITANO DOCUMENT

#2: Re: What is this document? Author: LauraLocation: Italy - Liguria PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:30 am
    ----
Ciao Cathy,
I'll try:

In these declaration the major of Montalto Comune stated that both Michele Trotta? son of Vincenzo and Teresa Salerno and Maria Rosaria Napolitano son of the late Luigi and Maria ??? are unmarried.
The groom (future) Michele is free from military obbligation.
This document is for the future marriage....

Laura

#3: Re: What is this document? Author: Cathy PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:47 am
    ----
Thanks Laura! Very Happy I am a little confused though...Maria Rosaria Napolitano (my great great aunt) did marry Michele Trotta and this document was found with their marriage documents. Was it dated? Perhaps I should check the date of the marriage. Her mother's name was Maria Rua. Strange name for an Italian - no? I wonder what the purpose of this document was???

#4: Re: What is this document? Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:17 pm
    ----
It's dated 12 June 1890 and the name Maria Ruà is there at the end of the fifth line...but I'm not too sure that the first letter of the surname is an 'R'....

However, having said that, there are currently 3 Ruà listed in Montalto Uffugo:
>HERE<

#5: Re: What is this document? Author: LauraLocation: Italy - Liguria PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:19 pm
    ----
Cathy,
I'm not expert in the marriage process but I think this document was requested by the priest before the celebration as a rule only to know if the persons he had to marry were already married ....
the date it seems June 12 or 17, 1890 or 1850
Sorry, I can't help you more Crying or Very sad

Laura Confused

#6: Re: What is this document? Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:36 pm
    ----
Considerando che si parla di "Sindaco" e di vincolo militare propendo per il 1890 (il giorno è sicuramente 12). La moglie di Luigi è quasi con certezza Ruà.
Ciao
Luca

#7: Re: What is this document? Author: Cathy PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:41 pm
    ----
Thanks everyone. The year I was in when I found this was 1850. What did Luca say? Confused Rua is definitely the name - I have seen it many times. I wonder if it is an Abereshe name?

#8: Re: What is this document? Author: LauraLocation: Italy - Liguria PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:58 pm
    ----
Luca is saying the date is June 12, 1890 and Luigi's wife's last name is Ruà.....

Laura

Edit:
Luca Tend to say the year could be 1890 and the last name could be Ruà

Scusa Luca, è che quello che dici tu è sembre indubbiamente corretto.... Wink

Last edited by Laura on Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

#9: Re: What is this document? Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:10 pm
    ----
Beh Laura, io ho detto che propendo per il 1890 non che ne sono sicuro! Indubbiamente per Cathy sarà facile sciogliere il dubbio nel momento che avrà a disposizione la data esatta del matrimonio (che sarà avvenuta pochi giorni dopo questa attestazione di stato libero dei futuri sposi). Sulla provenienza del cognome sai che senza una seria ricerca genealogica si può dire tutto e il suo esatto contrario!
Ciao
Luca

#10: Re: What is this document? Author: Cathy PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:27 pm
    ----
The year is 1850 - Maria Rosaria was dead before 1890 and the name is Rua. Thank you all. kiss

#11: Re: What is this document? Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:15 pm
    ----
Well the'9' in what I thought was 1890 could be a strangely written '5' I guess. Do you have any other documentation of the time and event whuch might have a 5 or a 9 in it?

A 5 with an open head and tail like this one, could easily be confused with a 9 with an 'open top'.

#12: Re: What is this document? Author: LauraLocation: Italy - Liguria PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:59 am
    ----
Ciao Carole,
penso che questo sia un esempio di quello che stavi dicendo riguardo al 5 che spesso si puo' scambiare per un 9....

img182.imageshack.us/i...311bn2.jpg

Qui la sequenza corretta è 19007 - 20 la data è 15 - 5 - 1903

Ciao!

#13: Re: What is this document? Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:29 am
    ----
Grazie mille Laura - e proprio questa che stavo dicendo. Nel'esempio che ha fornito e ben chiaro quale e il 9 e quale il 5 - con tutte due cifre e facile vedere la differenza.

kiss

A thousand thanks Laura - this is just that I was saying. I n the example you have given it is very clear which is the 9 and which the 5 - with both figures it is easy to see the difference.

-> Translations