Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Hello
-> About Us

#1: Hello Author: TONY PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:17 pm
    ----
Hi Everyone.
My name is Tony and I live in upstate NY near Rochester. I am a transplanted Bronxite. Grew up on Morris Ave in the late 40's and 50's.
I am now just starting to piece together my Italian heritage.

My maternal grandfather came to the US thru Ellis Island. From Girgenti. he was born there in 1896.
Anyways, I am really enjoying the "quest" . Nice to meet you all

Best regards.

Tony

#2: Re: Hello Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:33 pm
    ----
Hi Tony. Nice to meet you. My dad is from the Morris Ave area. He was born in 42 and lived there until 67 when he got married. Good to have you here with us.

#3: Re: Hello Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:44 pm
    ----
Hi Tony and welcome to Gente!!!

Let us know what information you have (manifests, census info, military etc.) and what you might need help with.

Everyone here is very nice and more than willing to help.

Once again..........WELCOME TO GENTE............

party

Elizabeth

#4: Re: Hello Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:25 pm
    ----
TONY wrote:
Hi Everyone.
My name is Tony and I live in upstate NY near Rochester. I am a transplanted Bronxite. Grew up on Morris Ave in the late 40's and 50's.
I am now just starting to piece together my Italian heritage.

Tony

Hi Tony, and welcome to "Gente di Mare".

You have probably noticed that your first post has mysteriously moved! Sorry but that was me... It seemed more appropriate on the 'About Us' forum - unless of course you were offering yourself as an ingredient in one of our recipes? If you were, just let me know and I'll pop you back in the oven hide

I hope you enjoy your new found research - there are plenty of great researchers here who will be more than willing to help you if and when you get stuck (or even if you don't).

#5: Re: Hello Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:22 pm
    ----
Benvenuto, Tony!

Let us know how we can help.

Biff

#6: Re: Hello Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:43 pm
    ----
Welcome Tony! Make sure you let us know if you need help! Very Happy

#7: Re: Hello Author: charliemisLocation: Philadelphia PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:43 am
    ----
Hi Tony,

Welcome --- I have a lot of family living in and near Rochester ---- my Maternal GF emmigrated from Calabria to work in the old Retsof Salt Mine near Geneseo which is now closed ---- he bought most of his children here including my GF who died when my Mom was very young ... since my GM moved away to NYC, there was no contact with that side of my family until about 5 years ago when I began my Genealogy research. I have been up to visit about 4 times and it is a beautiful area ---- but you can keep all the snow;-)

Let me know if I can help. Good luck with your research.

#8: Re: Hello Author: carnieLocation: Barnsley. South Yorks. PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:48 pm
    ----
Hi Tony,
A very warm welcome to Gente from England, we are a great bunch of people here on Gente as I'm sure you will find out.
Regards, Mike. Very Happy

#9: Re: Hello Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:13 pm
    ----
Hi Tony
Another warm welcome to you from Scotland and as Mike says-
Quote::
we are a great bunch of people here on Gente as I'm sure you will find out.
Emmy

-> About Us