Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Easter traditions
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Easter traditions Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:33 am
    ----
For my friends at gente...a little preview of my Easter Traditions web page

www.celenzaheritage.co...aster.html

I am too tired to finish linking all the pages to it tonight, so I just put up the links on the home page for now. I have a recipe for rice pie to add too...but again...I am sleepy!

I may need help fixing the xhtml errors when I am done. kiss

#2: Re: Easter traditions Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:40 am
    ----
Lori..I'll give you a shout tomorrow. I think I know what you need to do with the code.

#3: Re: Easter traditions Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:47 am
    ----
Thanks, Nuccia...but if you are still sick, rest up and don't worry about it. I am not sure that the recipes are clear enough. They looked readable on my computer at home. Now at work, they are not too readable. I was hoping to be lazy and not re-type them. I may have to though Sad
If anyone could chime in and tell me how difficult they are to read, I would appreciate it.

#4: Re: Easter traditions Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:46 pm
    ----
Can someone tell me how difficult it is to read the recipes at the bottom of my Easter page?? My mom can't read them, but I think if you click on the image once it loads, it will get bigger.

#5: Re: Easter traditions Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:09 pm
    ----
I had no problem at all reading the recipies and they print well too Wink
Sorry I forgot to send you the pictures! Embarassed Do you still want them?

#6: Re: Easter traditions Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:34 pm
    ----
Don't worry about it, Cathy. I think I am set with what I have. If I get more content for the page, then I may want to add images...but I will let you know. kiss

#7: Re: Easter traditions Author: MauroMagsLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:57 pm
    ----
hello gente folk,

Does anyone "visit" multiple churches on Holy Thursday or is that just a regional tradition

i remember visiting an odd number of churches 3,5,7 on Holy Thursday. Does anyone else do this?

#8: Re: Easter traditions Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:03 pm
    ----
I know when I went to Italy for Easter of 1988 we visited several churches, but I have not done that here.

#9: Re: Easter traditions Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:45 pm
    ----
My grandparents only went to one church but once they moved from Chicago's "Little Italy" to a nearby suburb (Cicero) they did go to both churches on Good Friday. But that is only 2. I still return to the church in the "old neighborhood".

#10: Re: Easter traditions Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:18 pm
    ----
Well, on my web site one lady from CT remembers visiting 7. I asked my mom, who was from the Bronx, and she said that they visited about 4. Misbris on the IG board also remembers visiting 7. I asked my mom why they visited more than one and she did not know. Do you know, Mauro?

#11: Re: Easter traditions Author: MauroMagsLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:24 pm
    ----
I was told that visiting multiple churches (in Italy, not so much in the states) has something to with viewing all the different altars that the churches display during easter.

#12: Re: Easter traditions Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:04 am
    ----
The tradition is called Santi Sepolcri (Holy Sepulchers).
On the Holy Thursday in each Church the altar is adorned with flowers, candles, etc. to represent the Holy Sepulcher. The tradition says that you should visit seven Sepulchers, however any odd number is accepted (in a small village you may not have more than 1 Church).
I did not find anything in English, but this is an interesting link:
http://www.palermoweb.com/panormus/riti/sepolcri.htm

-> General Discussion Groups