Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Cache of letters
-> Translations

#61: Re: Cache of letters Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:28 pm
    ----
Thank you for the compliments both on the 'blog' and here, and your understanding Tom - they are most certainly appreciated....

Can't wait for the next tranche of letters!

#62: Re: Cache of letters Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:34 pm
    ----
Tom.......I sent you a pm......check your in box.......about Pacific Theatre.....my father was their also.

Elizabeth

#63: Re: Cache of letters Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:49 pm
    ----
Tom,

Thank you so much for mentioning Gente on your blog! kiss kiss I am in the process of reading through it all now. I love blogs!

If you like, why not add it to your signature?

#64: Re: Cache of letters Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:58 pm
    ----
I didn't add the link because the blog isn't specifically about genealogy. I tend to drift a bit --one of the consequences of a degree in philosophy.

Tom

#65: Re: Cache of letters Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:10 pm
    ----
I still think it rocks. I have been reading it all night. Besides it doesn't have to refer to genealogy..its YOUR blog!

And for the record..I have been drifting for years! Still am. kiss

#66: Re: Cache of letters Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:54 pm
    ----
2 Aug 1932

Page1
img503.imageshack.us/i...ge1si3.jpg

Page2
img153.imageshack.us/i...ge2fw3.jpg

Page3
img120.imageshack.us/i...ge3at4.jpg

Page4
img150.imageshack.us/i...ge4ql8.jpg

#67: Re: Cache of letters Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:57 am
    ----
OK folks...

I'll take the first page for starters

Page1

Who wants to follow up with one/some of the others?

#68: Re: Cache of letters Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:22 am
    ----
page 2

#69: Re: Cache of letters Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:37 am
    ----
Carole wrote:
OK folks...

I'll take the first page for starters

Page1

Who wants to follow up with one/some of the others?

They are too small for my eyes.

#70: Re: Cache of letters Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:57 am
    ----
liviomoreno wrote:

They are too small for my eyes.

I agree Livio... Sad

Tom - help! the last ones you sent we were able to enlarge with a 'click', but these won't increase in size.
I don't have a system to make them larger until I can re-load my Office 2003 (Word) programme later this month. Could you perhaps recopy them?

OR

does someone else have a system/programme that they can use and do it for us?????? PLEASE? kiss

#71: Re: Cache of letters Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:45 am
    ----
OK
page1
img248.imageshack.us/i...ge1ju8.jpg

Page2
img71.imageshack.us/im...ge2fn0.jpg

page3
img71.imageshack.us/im...ge3db5.jpg

Page4
img71.imageshack.us/im...ge4ka5.jpg

#72: Re: Cache of letters Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:47 am
    ----
The box to resize to a smaller image may have been checked on the previous upload. They images can be enlarged now.

Tom

#73: Re: Cache of letters Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:03 am
    ----
Pag 2
Amato mio caro fratello Ignazio al momento no ho nulla da dirti, solo mi resta di abbracciarti forte al mio cuore e stringerti forte le mani, il tuo fratello Tano che ti pensa sempre e sempre ti penserà per tutta la vita e mai potrà dimenticarti. Carissimo fratello nulla da dirti solo ti mando i miei più cari e sinceri saluti e baci e quelli dei miei figli, così come li mandiamo ai tuoi figli; tanti saluti da tua cognata Carmela e dal suo sposo, i suoi figli ti baciano le mani e le baciano anche a tua suocera e ci domandiamo la xxx. Noi tutti salutiamo tua suocera e tutta la cara famiglia ...

#74: Re: Cache of letters Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:16 am
    ----
Thank you so much Luca....
Right here is Page 1 and the translation of Page 2 from Luca's transcription. Tom I hope this is OK!

Page 1.
Belmonte Mezzagno. 2nd August 1932
My dearest brother,
Just a few days late I reply to your dear letter which gave me much pleasure to hear that your health is the best, together with your wife and your beloved children.
My dearest brother I am sorry that I write to you with a few days of delay but I have been in xxxxxxxx with my health, but now thanks to our good God I am really well, as is my wife and my dear children.

Page 2.
My loving brother Ignazio at the moment I have nothing to tell you, it only remains for me to give you a strong embrace to my heart and to hold your hands tightly, your brother Tano who thinks of you always and who you think of always for a lifetime and who cannot be forgotten. Dearest brother nothing to tell you only I send you my most dear wishes and kisses and those of my children, as we send to your children; many wishes from your sister-in-law Carmela and from her husband, her children kiss your hands and they kiss.....

Last edited by Carole on Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total

#75: Re: Cache of letters Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:04 pm
    ----
Indeed it is!

Tom

-> Translations