Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Evidently IG is having issues...
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Evidently IG is having issues... Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:19 pm
    ----
I heard that it has been hacked and overwhelmed with bots to the point that when you go there dozens of pop-ups appear. Has anyone else had that experience? It (supposadly) shut down the PC of a friend and nearly crashed another. This has happened before in the 3 1/2 year I have been a member there, it is usually corrected eventually. But still....

Let's face it IG has become Huuuuge over the last 5 years, 20,000 something members, a half dozen new members a day. Edmondo is absent most of the time, and has passed on the responsibility to our sweet Nuucia, yet still not allowing her many authorities, such as banning spammers etc. Doesn't she have enough on her plate already?

Sad

#2: Re: Evidently IG is having issues... Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:11 pm
    ----
Quote::
".....Let's face it IG has become Huuuuge over the last 5 years, 20,000 something members, a half dozen new members a day. Edmondo is absent most of the time, and has passed on the responsibility to our sweet Nuucia, yet still not allowing her many authorities, such as banning spammers etc. Doesn't she have enough on her plate already?"

Well said James kiss - I totally agree....and I said as much over on IG last week in defence of Nuccia - LOL!

But I think that, despite a membership of 20k on IG, many of them are 'one time visitors' - they ask a few questions - get someone else to do all the research and are never willing to stay around and help others!

I was warned about IG earlier and haven't gone there this evening at all. What's to go for anyway? Only a load of spammers posting either certain shoe products or sex products and it's these that I suspect are the carriers of these virus worms. The secret is NEVER - EVER OPEN A SPAM POST! But how many actually DO view such rubbish? I prefer a site that is free of such pests.

At least we ("Gente") get Google Bots that are gathering information and are a part and parcel of many sites... they DON'T produce pop-ups or virus'.

#3: Re: Evidently IG is having issues... Author: Cathy PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:44 am
    ----
I had an issue with IG this afternoon. I clicked my bookmark to enter the site and it hesitated for a long time so I went to close my web browser and it closed but then it popped up again and dozens of tabs kept opening and I could not close it. I had to unplug my computer.

#4: Re: Evidently IG is having issues... Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:00 am
    ----
Well, IG has crashed a few times over the last few years. I'm not sure whats going on but I'm sure Edmondo will fix it soon.

Meanwhile, we here if anyone needs help!

#5: Re: Evidently IG is having issues... Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:26 am
    ----
Tried off and on yesterday afternoon to go to the IG forum and cannot access it. The notice I get is the server must be down.

lilbees

#6: Re: Evidently IG is having issues... Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:33 am
    ----
Looks like IG is still having issues as of this posting. I was able to open the main forum page but could not open any of the individual forums.

And the latest member is hyshoes, likely another spammer.

Biff

#7: Re: Evidently IG is having issues... Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:15 pm
    ----
Hello everyone.

Is anyone else having trouble accessing Edmondo's IG site this afternoon. When I try to go to the site, I receive the following message:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Biff Sad

#8: Re: Evidently IG is having issues... Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:17 pm
    ----
I received the same message. Shocked

#9: Re: Evidently IG is having issues... Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:19 pm
    ----
Thanks, Cathy.

I wasn't sure if it was just me.

Baci kiss

Biff

#10: Re: Evidently IG is having issues... Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:46 pm
    ----
I also received the same message but it seems to be back up now.

-> General Discussion Groups