Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Gift suggestions
-> General Discussion Groups

#16: Re: Gift suggestions Author: Cathy PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:36 am
    ----
Sounds great! I'm sure they will all like your gifts. I hope you really enjoy your weekend and your visitors.

#17: Re: Gift suggestions Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:22 pm
    ----
I can't wait. I am going to buy a small Italian dictionary tonight that I can carry with me. They are under the mistaken impression that because I can now read Italian (mind you only with a large dictionary), I should also be able to speak with them too! LOL. They are in for a rude awakening. LOL.

#18: Re: Gift suggestions Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:24 pm
    ----
Gee..imagine that..you took a trip all the way over there just to buy those gifts..lmao

Did ya win?

#19: Re: Gift suggestions Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:35 pm
    ----
Nope! I didn't win a thing. On the bright side, I spent most of my money at their spa rather than gambling. I had a yummy facial and a french manicure, while my hubby had a business meeting.

BTW, instead of working, which I really should be doing right now...I looked up on Italian Wikipedia articles on my various gifts: University of Connecticut, Maple Sugar, and Minutemen. I am going to give them copies of the articles with their gifts so they can see what their cultural relevance is.

#20: Re: Gift suggestions Author: exdemLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:38 pm
    ----
Great gifts, like the maple sugar, especialy on pancakes, and also waffles, YUMMY.

I think you did great in keeping with the New England experience..

#21: Re: Gift suggestions Author: AlessandraLocation: Naples - Italy PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:32 am
    ----
Cathy wrote:
I have seen books about my grandfather's comune on the internet but they only take euros. I wish I could buy one. Books they cannot get there would be nice. How about a nice picture book of your region of the country?
Cathy, can I buy the book for you and then I send you the book in the United States? Wink

#22: Re: Gift suggestions Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:57 pm
    ----
Alessandra wrote:
Cathy wrote:
I have seen books about my grandfather's comune on the internet but they only take euros. I wish I could buy one. Books they cannot get there would be nice. How about a nice picture book of your region of the country?
Cathy, can I buy the book for you and then I send you the book in the United States? Wink
Oh Alessandra that is so nice of you to offer. Riccardo showed me how to order with my credit card so the bank will exchange the American money for Euros. Thank you so much for offering - you are so sweet!

#23: Re: Gift suggestions Author: AlessandraLocation: Naples - Italy PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:30 am
    ----
Cathy wrote:
Alessandra wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Oh Alessandra that is so nice of you to offer. Riccardo showed me how to order with my credit card so the bank will exchange the American money for Euros. Thank you so much for offering - you are so sweet!
Ok! Wink

-> General Discussion Groups