Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Any translators on now? i just got my letters :)
-> Translations

#1: Any translators on now? i just got my letters :) Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:48 pm
    ----
anyone? Smile

#2: Re: Any translators on now? i just got my letters :) Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:51 pm
    ----
img503.imageshack.us/m...urerd4.jpg

and

img503.imageshack.us/m...001ao3.jpg

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

#3: Re: Any translators on now? i just got my letters :) Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:32 pm
    ----
img503.imageshack.us/m...urerd4.jpg

The above is the "stato di famiglia" of Innocenzo Dilenge. The family was composed by Innocenzo born in Grassano, 20 Feb 1877, his wife Felice Marianna Bertoli and 2 children, Francesco Paolo and Camillo, Camillo died Nov 17, 1904

img503.imageshack.us/m...001ao3.jpg

The accompanying letter says:

Dear Mr Steven Springer,
we have received your letter, and with the information you gave, we were able to find your family.
We are sending you a "Stato di famiglia" related to Innocenzo Dilenge, it would be interesting to better know your family, the descendants residing in USA and their professions.
Waiting for an acknowledgment, best regards
Signed by Nicola Sanseverino, responsible of the demographic area

#4: Re: Any translators on now? i just got my letters :) Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:40 pm
    ----
thanks very much!, how should i write back to them? do they want me to and tell them what i know on my family?

#5: Re: Any translators on now? i just got my letters :) Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:48 pm
    ----
do they want to know what my great great grand parents and my great grand fathers profession was when they came to the states?

#6: Re: Any translators on now? i just got my letters :) Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:53 am
    ----
stevenspringer wrote:
thanks very much!, how should i write back to them? do they want me to and tell them what i know on my family?
Quote::
do they want to know what my great great grand parents and my great grand fathers profession was when they came to the states?

I believe you should send them a brief letter, acknowledging the receipt of the document, thanking them for their timely response. At he end of the letter you may add a few lines about your family in US and show willingness to share more details...

#7: Re: Any translators on now? i just got my letters :) Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:53 pm
    ----
liviomoreno wrote:
stevenspringer wrote:
Quote::

I believe you should send them a brief letter, acknowledging the receipt of the document, thanking them for their timely response. At he end of the letter you may add a few lines about your family in US and show willingness to share more details...

cool wanted to make sure Very Happy

#8: Re: Any translators on now? i just got my letters :) Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:17 am
    ----
How lucky are you??! I have never heard of someone being interested in the requesters info before..definitely respond. Something really good may come of this connection.

Good Job!!!

#9: Re: Any translators on now? i just got my letters :) Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:03 pm
    ----
nuccia wrote:
How lucky are you??! I have never heard of someone being interested in the requesters info before..definitely respond. Something really good may come of this connection.

Good Job!!!
im hoping, MAYBE IM RELATED TO THE PERSON WHO WANTS TO KNOW Razz highly unlikely though Sad lol

#10: Re: Any translators on now? i just got my letters :) Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:20 pm
    ----
im wrinting back to them can someone help me with translation, my italians not the best

Ringraziarla molto per i documenti che lei ha fornito, sono meravigliosi. È qui alcuni delle informazioni che lei ha richiesta. DiLenge di Innocenzo è venuto agli Stati Uniti in 1905. La sua occupazione era manovale a una società di telefono. In 1906, il Suo filo metallico Felice Marianna Bertoli, è venuto con lí 2 bambini da Grassano. Un era il mio grande Francesco di nonno e l'altro era il suo Annunziata di sorella. Negli Stati Uniti hanno avuto più bambini. Lí i nomi sono Americo, Carmello, Giuseppe, Alberto, e Joseph. Hanno risieduto dapprima in Manhattan, NY ma dopo mosso a Brooklyn, NY. Il Francesco è andato dopo da molti nomi di battesimo diversi qui negli Stati Uniti. Per elencare alcuni sono, Edward, Paolo, e Franco. In 1925 ha sposato Ann Kennedy che è mia grande nonna. Poi ha posseduto una sbarra in New York ha chiamato le Birrerie All'aperto di Culmine che era aperto la proibizione di giorno finita aprile 7 1933. Dopo che possedere la sbarra, è diventato un gioielliere di successo. Nel suo tempo libero ha continuato va in crociera con mia grande nonna. Se non è troppa difficoltà, tento di prendere tutti i documenti e le informazioni su tutti nella famiglia. Se è possibile, l'apprezzerei molto se lei me potrebbe inviare tutto lei viene attraverso. Apprezzerei questo molto e fiduciosamente un giorno quando viaggio laggiù potrei incontrarla affronta per affrontare potrei ringraziarla e possiamo parlare.

im trying to say this

Thank you very much for the documents you provided, they are wonderful. Here is some of the information you requested. Innocenzo DiLenge came to the United States in 1905. His occupation was a laborer at a telephone company. In 1906, His wire Felice Marianna Bertoli, came over with there 2 children from Grassano. One was my great grandfather Francesco and the other was his sister Annunziata. In the United States they had a few more children. There names are Americo, Carmello, Giuseppe, Alberto, and Joseph. They resided at first in Manhattan, NY but later moved to Brooklyn, NY. Francesco later went by many different first names here in the United States. To list a few they are, Edward, Paolo, and Frank. In 1925 he married Ann Kennedy whom is my great grandmother. Then he owned a bar in New York City called Acme Beer Gardens which was opened the day prohibition ended on April 7th 1933. After owning the bar, he became a successful jeweler. In his free time he went on cruises with my great grandmother.If it isn't too much trouble, I am trying to get all the documents and information on everyone in the family. If it is possible, i would appreciate it greatly if you could send me everything you come across. I would appreciate this greatly and hopefully one day when I travel over there I could meet you face to face I could thank you and we can talk.

#11: Re: Any translators on now? i just got my letters :) Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:29 pm
    ----
stevenspringer wrote:
nuccia wrote:

Good Job!!!
im hoping, MAYBE IM RELATED TO THE PERSON WHO WANTS TO KNOW Razz highly unlikely though Sad lol

Not so crazy. I sent a letter to my comune and I also wanted to know about the cemetery etc. A friend called the comune for me and the woman he talked to or her husband turned out to be a relative!!! It's possible Very Happy

Elizabeth

#12: Re: Any translators on now? i just got my letters :) Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:33 pm
    ----
BillieDeKid wrote:
stevenspringer wrote:
nuccia wrote:

Good Job!!!

Not so crazy. I sent a letter to my comune and I also wanted to know about the cemetery etc. A friend called the comune for me and the woman he talked to or her husband turned out to be a relative!!! It's possible Very Happy

Elizabeth

that would be so cool if i was related and finding relatives over there Smile :)

#13: Re: Any translators on now? i just got my letters :) Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:30 pm
    ----
Fingers and toes are crossed for you Steve!!!

#14: Re: Any translators on now? i just got my letters :) Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:46 pm
    ----
BillieDeKid wrote:
Fingers and toes are crossed for you Steve!!!

thank you very much kiss now i just need someone to make sure my italian is worded right then i can get the letter out in the mail Razz

#15: Re: Any translators on now? i just got my letters :) Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:35 am
    ----
La ringrazio molto per i documenti che mi ha mandato, sono meravigliosi.
Innocenzo Dilenge è venuto negli Stati Uniti nel 1905, era manovale in una società del telefono. Sua moglie Felice Marianna Bertoli lo ha raggiunto da Grassano nel 1906 assieme ai suoi 2 figli. Uno era Francesco, mio bisnonno, e l'altra era sua sorella Annunziata. Negli Stati Uniti hanno avuto altri figli: Americo, Carmello, Giuseppe, Alberto e Joseph. Prima hanno abitato a Manhattan, NY e poi a Brooklyn, NY. Successivamente Francesco fu conosciuto negli Stati Uniti con diversi nomi, tra cui Edward, Paolo e Frank. Nel 1925 si è sposato con Ann Kennedy che è la mia bisnonna. Successivamente ha posseduto un bar a New York City, chiamato Avme Beer Garde eche fu aperto il 7 aprile 1933,lo stesso giorno in cui finì il proibizionismo! Dopo aver posseduto il bar è diventato un gioielliere di successo. Nel tempo libero faceva delle crociere con la mia bisnonna.
Sto cercando di avere tutte le informazioni possibili sulla mia famiglia. Se possibile, Le sarei molto grato, se potesse mandarmi altri documenti sulla mia famiglia. Mi auguro di poterla incontrare in occasione di un mio prossimo viaggio in Italia per poterla ringraziare personalmente.

-> Translations