Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: marriage certificate
-> Translations

#1: marriage certificate Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:18 pm
    ----
By the way, I am not sure how to post this photo!

Can someone make out the name of the groom's mother and where she lived? Here is what I see in that part:
Nicola Insarda' of 19 years old, born in Plaesano, of the profession of land owner, domiciled in Plaesano, son of Nicola (dead), of the profession of land owner, domiciled in ...., and of Anna Maria ? Radofila??? domiciled in ???

Maria Alfonsina Cresecente of thirteen years old Shocked , born in this town, domiciled in this town, daughter of the late Antonio of the profession of landowner, domiciled in (dead), and of Maria Michele Grande, domiciled in this town . . . .

#2: Re: marriage certificate Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:29 pm
    ----
Grooms mother's name - Anna Maria Midofila or Midafila living in Maierato. The registrar wrote marto and looking on the map, the closest thing to that is Maierato. I believe it was a mistake trying to write it the way it sounded. This was a joint effort between Cathy and I on skype.

Maybe one of the translators can take a look and see if we were close.

#3: Re: marriage certificate Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:30 am
    ----
Thanks, so much, Elizabeth and Cathy! Yes, if any of our native speakers would take a look, I would appreciate your input too.

#4: Re: marriage certificate Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:07 am
    ----
The groom's mother name is unreadable... and they did not write where she lived, they wrote that she was dead.

Nicola Insarda' , 19 years old, born in Plaesano, profession civilian (civile), domiciled in Plaesano, son of Nicola dead, profession civilian, domiciled in [no name], and of Anna Maria Radofila??? domiciled in defunta.

Maria Alfonsina Cresecente of thirteen years old , born in this town, domiciled in this town, daughter of the late Antonio of the profession civilian, domiciled in dead, and of Maria Michele Grande, domiciled in this town. . . .

#5: Re: marriage certificate Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:21 am
    ----
Thanks, Livio!

#6: Re: marriage certificate Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:53 pm
    ----
Tutto ok, mi sembra però che la madre di Maria Alfonsina Crescente si chiamava Rachele Grande.
Sembra confermata anche la giovanissima età della sposa, perché sotto si dice che la madre ha dovuto dare il proprio assenso verbale al matrimonio.
Il matrimonio è stato poi celebrato il giorno 2 Maggio 1859.

Ciao
Luca

#7: Re: marriage certificate Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:13 pm
    ----
Luca wrote:
Tutto ok, mi sembra però che la madre di Maria Alfonsina Crescente si chiamava Rachele Grande.
Sembra confermata anche la giovanissima età della sposa, perché sotto si dice che la madre ha dovuto dare il proprio assenso verbale al matrimonio.
Il matrimonio è stato poi celebrato il giorno 2 Maggio 1859.

Ciao
Luca

It's all OK, it seems to me though that the mother of Maria Alfonsina Crescente was called Rachele Grande.
It also seems confirmed the young age of the bride, because underneath it says that the mother had to give her verbal permission to the marriage. The marriage was celebrated on 2 may 1859.
Ciao
Luca

#8: Re: marriage certificate Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:02 pm
    ----
Thank you Luca and Carole for filling in some more of the information! I very much appreciate it! Because Luca pointed out that Alfonsina's mother is Rachele, which I confirmed in another document as well, I think that the groom's mother's surname is Radofila because the "R" in Rachele is like the "R" in Radofila.

-> Translations