Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Letters from Gibellina
-> Translations

#1: Letters from Gibellina Author: johnlabarberaLocation: Katy Texas USA PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:53 am
    ----
I can understand most of this but not all of it...please help...

Last edited by johnlabarbera on Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Letters from Gibellina Author: gogangaLocation: North Italy PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:08 am
    ----
Dear Mr. John,
I received your letter and I was glad to read it.
My name is Vincenzo Dattolo, I was born on 24 July 1937 and I live in Gibellina (province of Trapani), my address is ***, my phone number is ***.
The name of my grandfather was Antonino Dattolo, the name of my great grandfather was Vincenzo Dattolo. Also the name of my Uncle was Vincenzo Dattolo and he was born to Gibellina on 1881.
My father told me about Texas and told me that when he was 17 year old, for job's reason, he came there and remained there for 8 years.
He had some cousins in Texas, the name of one of them was Paola Dattolo, and the name of a friend from Gibellina was Rosario Capo.
If you ever come to Sicily, we can meet in my village (Gibellina).
I'd be glad to meet you.
Regards,
Vincenzo Dattolo

Last edited by goganga on Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total

#3: Re: Letters from Gibellina Author: johnlabarberaLocation: Katy Texas USA PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:06 am
    ----
thanks!!!!

#4: Re: Letters from Gibellina Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:13 am
    ----
Scusa goganga,
per la privacy di chi ha scritto la lettera a John magari cancella dal tuo post i dati anagrafici e il telefono (nella foto, tanto, non ci va a guardare nessuno - e poi รจ stata tolta da John - invece nelle ricerche con google i nomi dai testi scritti vengono indicizzati.
Scusami se mi sono permesso.
Luca

#5: Re: Letters from Gibellina Author: gogangaLocation: North Italy PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:24 am
    ----
johnlabarbera wrote:
thanks!!!!
you're welcome!

@ Luca: fatto.
Ciao.

-> Translations