Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Help with a place name please
-> Translations

#1: Help with a place name please Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:56 pm
    ----
Today I found my G.Grandparent's marriage document and discovered that Domenico Defilippis, my G. Grandfather was not born in Sant'Elia Fiumerapido
Now I know why there are very few Defilipis surnames is Sant'Elia but my big problem now is I cant make out the name of where he was born on the marriage act . They were married on 29 May 1853 and my grandfather was born on the 11th June 1853 ?!!
I would be very grateful for any ideas. the name of the place seems to be 'broken' part of it on one line then carried on to the next line.

Emmy

[url=http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=imag1433zi5.jpg][img=http://img228.imageshack.us

#2: Re: Help with a place name please Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:02 pm
    ----
Previous link doesnt seem to have worked will try again neclord

fingers crossed

Emmy

#3: Re: Help with a place name please Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:08 pm
    ----
Sorry Emmy but it's ever so dark - almost impossible to read I'm afraid..

Is there anyonewho knows how to make copy like this 'lighter' without losing the content? PLEASE..... kiss

#4: Re: Help with a place name please Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:19 pm
    ----
Hi, Emmy

Checked the other comuni in Frosinone came up with

Acquafondata.

Hope I was looking at the right area of the document. Lines 6 and 7.

Biff

#5: Re: Help with a place name please Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:27 pm
    ----
Many thanks Carole and Biff
Biff I just checked what I had put down when I was at the FHC and I had written down 'Aquefondata' but I didnt realise there was a commune in Frosinone with a name similar. Thanks a million
Off to check to find out if there are films available for that commune
kiss kiss kiss to all you've made my night.
Emmy

#6: Re: Help with a place name please Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:34 pm
    ----
You're welcome, Emmy. It's a very small comune with just under 320 residents. De Filippis is the third most popular name in the comune.

lazio.indettaglio.it/e...ndata.html

lazio.indettaglio.it/e...quafondata

Biff

#7: Re: Help with a place name please Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:46 pm
    ----
Thanks for the links Biff I have just checked the FHC films and they do have films for Aquafondata so I'll order some of them next week It's so exciting. I do know that my paternal grandmothers' families did come from Sant'Elia but I've had a feeling for a while that the Defilippis did come from another commune. Now if I EVER manage to go to Italy I'll have two places to visit
Shocked Smile Very Happy Wink

Thank you so much for your help Biff its very much appreciated.
Emmy

-> Translations