Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Acquafondata
-> Central Italy

#1: Acquafondata Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:36 pm
    ----
Perhaps you will have noticed in the Translation thread that I discovered from his marriage document that my G.Grandfather wasnt born in Sant'Elia but was born in Acquafondata. There's only just over 300 inhabitants in this commune and I have just noticed on one of the links that Biff sent me that one of the popular places to visit is Church of Santa Margherita, where Frà Domenico De Filippis, a much beloved Franciscan friar, lived. I know this couldnt have been my G.Grandfather but because of the custom of how children were given their names you never know he may just be linked to my ancestors. My G.Grandfather's name was Domenico Defilippis
Now just how do I go about to find this out?!!
Emmy
(edited to add ps)
ps Have just tried 'Google' with the name Fra Domenico Defilippis to find out when he was born etc there is some information there but no dates of when he lived. There is a telephone number given but that's no use because I cant speak Italian and so far I havent found an address to write to for information. Grateful if anyone has a few moments to search to see if they can find an address or anything about Fra Domenico Defilippis
Emmy

Last edited by Emmy on Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Aquafondata Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:08 pm
    ----
Emmy - I don't know if you may have seen these. I found them via an Italian search. I just put in Domenico De Filippis and 'search'.

If there is anything here that you think may be of interest and you want it translated just say!

>No.1<

>No.2<

>NO.3<

#3: Re: Acquafondata Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:19 pm
    ----
Many thanks Carole
The links you posted were the ones I found and it gave the option to to translate them to English so I was able to read them but I couldnt find any dates about Fra Domenico Defilippis or an address to write to. I'm sure I did read somewhere (but I cant find it again) that the Mayors name was 'Meo' or something like that.
Many Thanks for looking those up and for offering to translate
Love Emmy

#4: Re: Acquafondata Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:38 pm
    ----
This was the only thing I found with a feference to dates for 'a' Domenico Filippis - don't know if it's your guy though.... this one was in the 1400's
Look at pages 7 and 43

Domenico Filippis

Just came across this too... looks a bit out of date but might yield some names/contacts on other pages. I see there is a Genealogy link on the top navigation bar1

Forum for Frosinone/Acquafondata

#5: Re: Acquafondata Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:28 pm
    ----
Thank you Carole for these links but sadly I dont think it is the same person I am looking for.
The other link for the forum for Frosinone is the one I was looking for again where I had found the name of the Mayor (I knew I had seen it somewhere but couldnt remember where Embarassed one of those senior moments :cry:)

This is some of the information I copied from the second link you gave

ZIP Code: 03040 - Town Hall address: Piazza Caduti 1, Phone: ++39 0776 584491, Fax: ++39 0776 584491, E-Mail: Dato Mancante.

Region Province Town E-Mail Lazio Frosinone Acquafondata Valore non ancora disponibile
[b]

Re the email address 'Dato Mancante' maybe it's just me again but surely there must be more to that email address?

The second part is taken from a list where you could trace email addresses for different communes Am I correct in thinking its saying that no email address is available ?

The other address I found on that site was Ufficio Anagrafe, Municipio de Acquafondata 03040 Acquafondata (FR) What is Ufficio Anagrafe? It seems the Mayor's surname in 2003 was De Meo.

I'm beginning to think it would be easier to buy a parachute and take a 'plane to drop me there-- Boy oh Boy would that be a sight for sore eyes!!!

Thanks again for helping Carole

Emmy

-> Central Italy