Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: New Type of Record
-> General Discussion Groups

#46: Re: New Type of Record Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:07 am
    ----
Carole wrote:
COLORE: 4 FO: apparenza, aspetto: gli avvenimenti raccontati hanno il c. della leggenda | verosimiglianza, credibilità: dare c. ad un imbroglio, ad una bugia, renderli credibili

Appearance, aspect: the happenings recounted have the appearance of legend/myth | likelyhood/probability, credibility: give credibility to a swindle/trick, to a lie, to render it believable.

Penso possa essere la giusta soluzione al quesito. Wink

Grazie Carole

Luca

#47: Re: New Type of Record Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:42 am
    ----
Luca wrote:
Carole wrote:
COLORE: 4 FO: apparenza, aspetto: gli avvenimenti raccontati hanno il c. della leggenda | verosimiglianza, credibilità: dare c. ad un imbroglio, ad una bugia, renderli credibili

Appearance, aspect: the happenings recounted have the appearance of legend/myth | likelyhood/probability, credibility: give credibility to a swindle/trick, to a lie, to render it believable.

Grazie Carole

Luca

Really ?
Da vero?

WOW....how about that!

#48: Re: New Type of Record Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:24 am
    ----
Carole wrote:
Luca wrote:
Carole wrote:

Grazie Carole

Luca

Really ?
Da vero?

WOW....how about that!

Brava Carole, sei davvero (one word) brava!

#49: Re: New Type of Record Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:56 pm
    ----
Thanks everyone. I didn't mean to make so much work Embarassed hide

#50: Re: New Type of Record Author: AetherLocation: Americas, Italy PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:53 pm
    ----
Hi all,

Thanks for the welcome!

I am new here, arrived yesterday, so be patient if I bud in?

I believe that the document in question states that the person(s) does not carry any debts. Does not owe loans, mortgages, etc. It is free of encumbrances! The person may have properties, or goods. Free.

Also, I have a question about dowry (dote) and trousseau (corredo della sposa)

The dowry may, or may not include a trousseau, but a trousseau in certain circumstances may be the only dowry.

The corredo della sposa was generally started by the mother, grandmother, and even the godmother. The purchases and gifts for the corredo were kept in a "caisson", cassetone, which passed from generation to generation.

Long ago the first item was the purchase of a bolt of linen, or cotton, destined for the bed and tablecloths. Until about 20 years ago the cloth could be taken to a convent to be embroidered - one in Firenze had to be booked years ahead. The nuns did the most beautiful work!

I have the feeling that this tradition is gone with the new nun's uniforms!!!

Now the dowry could consist of a sum of money, a piece of land, some animals, silver, books, family memorabilia, etc.

Now, before you expel me I must find an avatar, or... Wink

Abbracci,
Sophia giornale

#51: Re: New Type of Record Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:38 am
    ----
Ciao Sophia!!!!! So glad to see you joined Gente!!

Baci e abbracci - Eliza

#52: Re: New Type of Record Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:59 am
    ----
Aether wrote:
I believe that the document in question states that the person(s) does not carry any debts. Does not owe loans, mortgages, etc. It is free of encumbrances! The person may have properties, or goods. Free.

Ciao Sophie e benvenuta.

Did you refer to the first doc (posted by Liz), or the one posted by me?

Luca

#53: Re: New Type of Record Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:18 am
    ----
Welcome - Benvenuta Sophie,

I'm so pleased to see that you have joined us here on"Gente di Mare". I am sure that your wealth of knowledge will be a really welcome addition to the team we are building here.

If you have the opportunity do go over to our "About Us" forum and tell us a little about yourself. I know there are some here on "Gente" who know you already so you wont feel too lonely Wink but a few words from you as a way of meeting all the others will, I'm sure, be appreciated!

#54: Re: New Type of Record Author: AetherLocation: Americas, Italy PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:57 pm
    ----
Carole,

Thanks for your welcoming note. I am sure I will enjoy the company and will try not to annoy all of you too much.

To make it brief: I am a topo d'archivio, I am a very curious person and can not abide to be left without whatever information I need, and even when I have no need for it! My success? At best 80% in a good day.

I have academic qualifications in more than one field, I have no idea how some came about to be of interest to me. I guess as result of my stubborn curiosity? I follow intriguing threads, and sure enough there I am again in foreign territory. Then the trouble starts.

I do not enjoy teaching, my voice doesn't carry. And at mid sentence I
may change languages. I prefer to work alone, socially I am very gregarious, and an explorer of places, traditions and peoples.

ALERT - Just lost half of the BIO. Will come back later!

Sophia Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

#55: Re: New Type of Record Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:09 pm
    ----
Hi Sophia!

Welcome to the forum! I'm so happy to see you here and look forward to your posts.

#56: Re: New Type of Record Author: AetherLocation: Americas, Italy PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:28 pm
    ----
Luca wrote:
Aether wrote:

Ciao Sophie e benvenuta.

Did you refer to the first doc (posted by Liz), or the one posted by me?

Luca

Luca,

Andavo de corsa, did not take notes. I believe several people answered.
I will check it and get back to you. Sophia

#57: Re: New Type of Record Author: AetherLocation: Americas, Italy PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:01 pm
    ----
Thank you all for all the good words! My computer lost half of my Bio. will finish later!

MARIA - Have news for you - YOU are not the only blond from the south! I also have green eyes, med. reddish blond hair and am very fair! Pure Calabresa-Lucana, from Greece, from the 1400s!

Lots of green eyes in Calabria. Besides the pure Greeks (were blond) we must mention the: Rogerio, Roberto, Frederico etc.etc. plus some French from the early crusades...Busy people...
I envy your office - scientist - minimalist! You have beautiful children!

Aether Smile

-> General Discussion Groups