Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Pubblicazioni translation
-> Translations

#1: Pubblicazioni translation Author: Cathy PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:26 am
    ----
I am transcribing all the pubblicazioni records from my grandfather's town of Montalto Uffugo and came across a very interesting mistake. Since the father of the groom is clearly incorrect on this document, I am a little confused. The g g grandson of the father of the groom is in constant contact with me (and writing a book for the annual family reunion of about 200 Zingone's in South America) so I really need the bottom portion of this pubblicazioni translated. The father of the groom and the father of the bride are brothers Shocked (although the later was adopted) so I am really interested to know if their parents are mentioned. Thank you.
www.mofrad.net/Montalt...187631.jpg

#2: Re: Pubblicazioni translation Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:41 pm
    ----
Vincenzo Zingone (bachelor), age 24, farmer, is son of the living Vincenzo Shocked Shocked Shocked and of the living Rosaria Chiappa

Teresa Zingone (maid), age 17, farmer, daughter of the living Giuseppe Zingone (57, farmer) and the living Angela Maria Perri

In the lower part of the doc it's written that are present all the bride and groom's parents; they are
Luigi Zingone and Rosaria Chiappetta
Giuseppe Zingone and Maria Angela Perri

Ciao
Luca

#3: Re: Pubblicazioni translation Author: Cathy PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:54 pm
    ----
Grazie Luca! I thought it was me! I guess the registrar had too much vino for lunch that day! Wink

#4: Re: Pubblicazioni translation Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:22 am
    ----
Luca wrote:
Vincenzo Zingone (bachelor), age 24, farmer, is son of the living Vincenzo Shocked Shocked Shocked and of the living Rosaria Chiappa

Teresa Zingone (maid), age 17, farmer, daughter of the living Giuseppe Zingone (57, farmer) and the living Angela Maria Perri

In the lower part of the doc it's written that are present all the bride and groom's parents; they are
Luigi Zingone and Rosaria Chiappetta
Giuseppe Zingone and Maria Angela Perri

Ciao
Luca
Embarassed Embarassed
I don't remember to have had any wine this morning, but I read:

Vincenzo Zingone (bachelor), age 24, farmhand, is son of Vincenzo, 51, farmhand and of the living Rosaria Chiappetta farmer.

#5: Re: Pubblicazioni translation Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:25 am
    ----
liviomoreno wrote:

... and of the living Rosaria Chiappetta farmer.

It tasted very good Embarassed

Luca

#6: Re: Pubblicazioni translation Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:50 am
    ----
So everyone can understand why Luca said "It tasted very good!"

Chiappa is the word for 'buttock' so Chiappetta I suppose could be loosly translated as "a little butt"

#7: Re: Pubblicazioni translation Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:40 am
    ----
Carole wrote:
So everyone can understand why Luca said "It tasted very good!"

Chiappa is the word for 'buttock' so Chiappetta I suppose could be loosly translated as "a little butt"

Battuta carina! Evil or Very Mad Ma mi riferivo a dell'ottimo Brunello portato da Livio (e del quale devo aver abusato Wink )
Great joke! Evil or Very Mad But I referred to some tasty "Brunello" brought by Livio (and maybe I abused of it Wink )

liviomoreno wrote:

... and of the living Rosaria Chiappetta farmer

Luca

#8: Re: Pubblicazioni translation Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:23 am
    ----
Aah - Brunello.... NOW you're talking Luca. I've still got two bottles of '82 Brunello that I'm saving for a very special day! Oh and (alas) only one '62 Barolo for my son when he decides to get married......

#9: Re: Pubblicazioni translation Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:26 am
    ----
Spero che tuo figlio non voglia veramente "sprecare" una bottiglia così speciale! Mr. Green Mr. Green

Luca

-> Translations